Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    So far on SWORD we have confirmation Alpha Fight ran by Gyrich speaks for Earth while SWORD ran by Brand speaks for Krakoa and now Mars has a second station for SWORD and is an extension of Krakoa.

In the data pages it was asked if the US recognizes Krakoa it also means they recognize their claim of Mars, there was no talk about them claiming the entire solar system but even if they did given earth is not ruled by Krakoa, it makes sense for them to be represented by both Alpha Fight and Sword for Galatic issues.
    On the first issue Brand says in her speech to Magneto that SWORD doesn't speak for Krakoa, it speaks for Earth

Quote Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
    For the same reason why someone Andrew Ryan building an underwater city doesn't give him the right to claim the ocean as his own.
    I mean, the ocean is part of Earth, even the Moon I would say is related to Earth considering it's our Moon but Mars is not related to Earth, in this case humans have no say in the matter it was the Mutants that took an uninhabited planet and terraformed it.

So are we saying that all the planets in the Solar System are somehow property of Earth/Humans? Will they have a problem if Mutants decided to terraform Mercury or Venus for example?
    "I wish I could live life five times over!
    Then I’d be born in five different places,
    and I’d stuff myself with different food from around the world.
    I’d live five different lives with five different occupations...
    and then, for those five times...
    I’d fall in love with the same person...
    "

- Orihime Inoue

Hudson is just a magnet for shady types...

Incredible Member bladeofdarkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maxi_miceli View Post
    On the first issue Brand says in her speech to Magneto that SWORD doesn't speak for Krakoa, it speaks for Earth
    Technically - speaks for Sol.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasy Free Me View Post
    I mean, the ocean is part of Earth, even the Moon I would say is related to Earth considering it's our Moon but Mars is not related to Earth, in this case humans have no say in the matter it was the Mutants that took an uninhabited planet and terraformed it.

So are we saying that all the planets in the Solar System are somehow property of Earth/Humans? Will they have a problem if Mutants decided to terraform Mercury or Venus for example?
    If some random country (lets say Romania) from our world managed to terraform Mars, would it be acceptable for them to simply declare that Mars is now Romanian territory ?
    Last edited by bladeofdarkness; 06-17-2021 at 02:27 PM.

I didn't realize how much I missed Way of X or SWORD till I see their previews.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    I could see if they tried to take earth but they took a DEAD planet and revived it in days, that alone makes them its rightful owners.
    Minutes. Way to diminish the glory of the Omegas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Nah, bruv. Hickman’s Avengers began with the motif “everything dies”, but the end of Secret Wars finally flips it to “everything lives”.

Hickman’s X-Men begins with “the mutants always lose”.
    Yes, the enemy is extinction. The extinction stories are always supposed to be about ending the extinction. So, yes.

It's a conflict of interest, because Sword serves Krakoa

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    While claiming Mars was the capital of Sol and declaring themselves the regents to the universe is a bit too far the actual claiming of Mars as a territory is okay IMO. Earth doesn’t have the ability to do it so what could they possibly say in argument? They legit have a complaint about the mutants speaking for them, especially with how involved Earth is in galactic stuff but that conversation can still be had. I’m sure the Shi’ar and Brood will recognize Mars as the capital but the Kree and Skrull will probably take Earths side and then we get a Mutant/Shi’ar/Brood vs Kree/Skrull/Earth war that basically annihilates everyone.
    Teddy calls himself the King of Space as in the entirety of Space he ain't acknowledging Mags specially since theirs beef.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Claiming Mars is fine because humanity couldn't do that (at least not quickly). It was basically free real estate and the mutants got to making it habitable first. Claiming it the capital of Sol implies they have control over Sol itself, which is naturally gonna make several major Earth powers uneasy and probably raise the eyebrows of the intergalactic empires. Technically it's more of a flex as I don't think this Regent of Sol will be intervening too much in Earthly matters but still, it's an assertion of control.
    Exactly.

And there is a diplomatic zone where humans are allowed to come visit and move with peace through their issues.

The fact that these two ding dongs are entertaining doom and by extension orchis. Im ready for the mutants to show out a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    It's a conflict of interest, because Sword serves Krakoa
    According to Abigail that's not the case she said that in issue 1.

Technically - speaks for Sol.

If some random country (lets say Romania) from our world managed to terraform Mars, would it be acceptable for them to simply declare that Mars is now Romanian territory ?
    Yes. Why wouldn't it be.

If another Nation with the means to do so wanted to also go to Mars and try to claim a stake by making territory then they're welcome to try, but they should know that they'd have Martians to deal with.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

She said she speaks for Sol meaning she didn´t see a difference between human and mutants so she would be working to defend the system for all of them because she is a spacer and she saw the Earth as part of the bigger universe and the Sol system but in an official way, when they have to talk to other space civilizations earth is still represented by Alpha Fight while SWORD speaks for Krakoa,well at least until now, maybe they will change something in this or the next issue.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 06-17-2021 at 02:36 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post

I wonder what Val Cooper’s reaction is.

I mean yes, why not? If they had managed to do something in the scale of what the Mutants did then I'm guessing they have the right to call it theirs, considering they were the ones actually doing the work.
    "I wish I could live life five times over!
    Then I’d be born in five different places,
    and I’d stuff myself with different food from around the world.
    I’d live five different lives with five different occupations...
    and then, for those five times...
    I’d fall in love with the same person...
    "

- Orihime Inoue

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Teddy calls himself the King of Space as in the entirety of Space he ain't acknowledging Mags specially since theirs beef.
    I don’t think anyone outside of the Kree or Skrulls gives much thought to Teddy. Marvel certainly doesn’t since he’s mostly been MIA since the awful Cotati event.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.