Page 34 of 38 FirstFirst ... 24303132333435363738 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    Huh and what moves has brand made soo far that would come and bite billions in the ass. Please name one without a Dr Doom quote.
    Choosing who wins in the Snark war will cause Empires to question what actions will Krakoa go to in getting what it wants that plants distrust. Again stealing from aspects never end well and that’s just not from Doom’s quote even Manifold suggested they broke cosmic laws in getting mysterium.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Only Logan and omega red hunt in krakoa the rest just eat from krakoan trees which grow everything from bacon to muffins. Also the indifference of the humans as you pointed out why is such luxury not afforded to the krakoans. Why should they care about how the humans feel about not being the dominant species in the solar system anymore. If they want to be heard and their consent sought after shouldn't they start from themselves? Why should mutants the ones they oppressed be the bigger person.
    They still killed them and should have asked for permission so even if it’s only them it’s still dead animals. This isn’t about who is the dominant species this is about getting consent to speak on other behalf. Them rising up and creating wonders does not negate the fact that you can’t speak for billions of others without consent even if it includes the governments who oppressed you what about the other governments who did no harm to mutants.

No one should act indifferently to others for acting as such to your own allies is how division keeps growing. Should Avengers have done it I would be against it and have been when Tony got to full of himself or Reed making decisions he thought where in the best interest of others.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Isn't the first issue of Duggans X-Men an alien attack on New York

This also means any future alien stories on earth officially become the Krakoa's fault. And that'll actually be the case in universe, unlike the X-fans who hate the Avengers but constantly complain that the Avengers aren't showing up every five issues to bail out the X-Men
    Wait can you explain your logic here? Not being rude/ snarky just want to understand your POV.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    Krakoa gets stressed from providing mutants with necessities and other things. Arakko being on Mars has nothing to do with mutants on Krakoa. Krakoa constantly working would be stressful and have negative reactions.
    Ohk so I just reread xforce 16 in nowhere did they say krakoa is stressed due to providing for the mutants Doug speaks to the island directly and it's part of the council and can veto whatever decision they make if it doesn't like it. So first of where did you get this idea from because the only one who insinuated parasite was namor going on a tangent and he even said that it might be the island rather being the parasite instead of xavier and that is difficult to tell because he is down there. So where did you get the idea that krakoa is stressed providing for mutants if I recall it's a symbiotic relationship mutualistic it provides land resources and shelter and it can feed on their mutant energy to sustain itself. Empyre had a whole fight scene dedicated to the psychics feeding krakoa so it can fight with black Tom. So again where did you get the ideas that mutants are stressing out the island.

BANNED

They still killed them and should have asked for permission so even if it’s only them it’s still dead animals. This isn’t about who is the dominant species this is about getting consent to speak on other behalf. Them rising up and creating wonders does not negate the fact that you can’t speak for billions of others without consent even if it includes the governments who oppressed you what about the other governments who did no harm to mutants.
    If I remember beast stated that the animals on krakoa and they are native to krakoa all are extensions of the island and are brought forth from the island and that he finds hunting them babaric. If the island had a problem with omega red and wolverine hunting extensions of itself it would make that very clear again unlike humans and the earth krakoa has agency and say in the matters that regard well everything infact it can veto any decision and respecting it is most paramount in mutant society.

Also like I said why don't you extend this same energy to the humans and their ecosystem. Because they are sentient too. If you expect the mutants to listen to humans even the ones actively torturing and plotting their destruction they also have to do the work and get consent. Otherwise they have no legs to stand on to demand their voices to be heard.

BANNED

No one should act indifferently to others for acting as such to your own allies is how division keeps growing. Should Avengers have done it I would be against it and have been when Tony got to full of himself or Reed making decisions he thought where in the best interest of others.
    Huh but are they indefferent to humans my problem is in this entire mythos did they say humans won't have a say. They simply established a diplomatic ring and stated it would be a galactic meeting hub and that the regent would preside over it. Where in all of xcomics did they say humans won't have a say in said chamber. Because I do not recall that happening infact if Imy memory serves me right they are directly supporting the poor and marginalized human beings in mandripoor. They threw the hell fire gala not only to show theirpower but to demonstrate that hey are willing to cooperate with everyone and stengthen their ties. They actively fight against oppression of both humans and mutants and unlike the avengers or ff4 they are actually effective at it. Providing relief and aid to their wards and those living in authoritative states. That's even why the hell fire black market is there in the first place they give money to poor people and provide quality medicines to the black market at affordable prices so said poor people can buy as much as they need. They free captives both human and mutant. They also have an island just for human refugees where they can live comfortable lives in safety and protection if krakoa. They grant amnesty to human heroes who are on the run from tyrannical governments.they work with human scientist in research facilities to expand humans knowledge in sciences and technology. They literally by storm saved the human world from a spore attack caused by a rouge man-thing. They make it a priority not to kill humans even when they are evil only killing those who attack and kill them..all these thing and more they do, and you think they won't allow humans a say? They don't hate human beings even though they would be justified in doing so, the only thing different from this era of x-men and the pre Hickman xmen is that they do not care about pleasing human beings and making them comfortable to their existence. They are done capitulating. yes there are some fucked up things they have done like the pre cog situation and what beast did to that nation albeit accidentally he run with it in a horrible way and doesn't regret, but Emma after finding out shut it down and would definitely punish beast for that. But overall the vast majority of mutants still love and cherish human beings they just don't care weather they existing makes humans comfortable or not. That is what you all don't seem to get. They would take initiatives and push and advance the planet along with all it's inhabitants because the humans are generally very bigoted and let that bigotry drive their actions. Time wasted on building nimrod can be used to do advanced scientific discoveries that benefit everybody but rather it's a genocide factory. Mutants just demonstrated they can terraform an entire planet no problem and humans instead of seeing it as a golden opportunity to partner and expand with them, rather they see it as a threat and are going to waste more resources to try and commit genocide. Humans are thinking primitively as a whole whilst mutants are literally evolving in their mindset and goals, I think if we decide which should speak for Sol I would pick the mature group over the genocidal maniacs. But hey that's just me..
    Last edited by dirtynun; 06-20-2021 at 02:23 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Wait can you explain your logic here? Not being rude/ snarky just want to understand your POV.
    I don’t agree with with the thinking*, but since Arrako is meant to be the new centre of power in Sol and a barrier against outer space (to paraphrase Storm); then the Arrakii, SWORD and X-Men should be intercepting stuff before it passes the moon (which also reduces human need/reliance on superhumans/post-humans and the need to create/tolerate new ones)

*really, Marvel just needs to grow up and institute a super-editorial over both X and M. Despite both the X-Men films and the MCU, The market is too small as it is to grind each other down until only Batman and Spider-Man are left. So if someone wants to have aliens attacking in their books, it needs to be cleared how/why the invasion got past Arrako (I assume similar hoops would need to be jumped through to have off-planet adventures)

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

The SWORD was up and running when Knull attacked. Is that the Mutants' fault?

It really is an "odd" statement to make because
    1: As we've seen in the past...with the Skrulls, the Cotati...Aliens will want to attack Earth for any plot reason regardless of the "security" in place.
    2: With ALL the previous attempted Alien Invasions from the most recent Knull, going back...no one. No. One. "pointed fingers" or "blamed" the Avengers.

With the Hub as an Alien Diplomatic centre (A first for this Galaxy?...I'm sure there are hubs out in the far reaches but not like this one) at least any Alien Force can have a place of mediation first, rather than launching outright attacks on Earth seemingly without cause or reason.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    I don’t agree with with the thinking*, but since Arrako is meant to be the new centre of power in Sol and a barrier against outer space (to paraphrase Storm); then the Arrakii, SWORD and X-Men should be intercepting stuff before it passes the moon (which also reduces human need/reliance on superhumans/post-humans and the need to create/tolerate new ones)

*really, Marvel just needs to grow up and institute a super-editorial over both X and M. Despite both the X-Men films and the MCU, The market is too small as it is to grind each other down until only Batman and Spider-Man are left. So if someone wants to have aliens attacking in their books, it needs to be cleared how/why the invasion got past Arrako (I assume similar hoops would need to be jumped through to have off-planet adventures)
    Oh I definitely don’t agree with that logic then. That’s like saying the Avengers said they would protect the Earth and then anytime a supervillain attack happens in another book it’s “their fault”.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Claiming Mars is fine because humanity couldn't do that (at least not quickly). It was basically free real estate and the mutants got to making it habitable first. Claiming it the capital of Sol implies they have control over Sol itself, which is naturally gonna make several major Earth powers uneasy and probably raise the eyebrows of the intergalactic empires. Technically it's more of a flex as I don't think this Regent of Sol will be intervening too much in Earthly matters but still, it's an assertion of control.
    I just hope the mutant reimburse NASA for damaging their rover.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Forge could offer to build them a new one with vastly greater improvements, at half the cost.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Ohk so I just reread xforce 16 in nowhere did they say krakoa is stressed due to providing for the mutants Doug speaks to the island directly and it's part of the council and can veto whatever decision they make if it doesn't like it. So first of where did you get this idea from because the only one who insinuated parasite was namor going on a tangent and he even said that it might be the island rather being the parasite instead of xavier and that is difficult to tell because he is down there. So where did you get the idea that krakoa is stressed providing for mutants if I recall it's a symbiotic relationship mutualistic it provides land resources and shelter and it can feed on their mutant energy to sustain itself. Empyre had a whole fight scene dedicated to the psychics feeding krakoa so it can fight with black Tom. So again where did you get the ideas that mutants are stressing out the island.
    It’s medical knowledge that stress can cause tumors, this qualifies as a theory for Krakoa’s tumors. That parasite was caused do to one of Krakoa’s tumors. It may be a symbiotic relationship but constantly working for others even when they provide nourishment can be detrimental to a beings health.

If I remember beast stated that the animals on krakoa and they are native to krakoa all are extensions of the island and are brought forth from the island and that he finds hunting them babaric. If the island had a problem with omega red and wolverine hunting extensions of itself it would make that very clear again unlike humans and the earth krakoa has agency and say in the matters that regard well everything infact it can veto any decision and respecting it is most paramount in mutant society.

Also like I said why don't you extend this same energy to the humans and their ecosystem. Because they are sentient too. If you expect the mutants to listen to humans even the ones actively torturing and plotting their destruction they also have to do the work and get consent. Otherwise they have no legs to stand on to demand their voices to be heard.
    I do extend this same energy to humans you are saying I’m not no one should have authority to speak for others without consent. It’s like you are saying because they are mutants they can do whatever they want in matters that have the potential to affect billions of lives without acknowledging their consent. Also you keep forgetting the other races of people as if their not people so why do you appear to ignore them?

Huh but are they indefferent to humans my problem is in this entire mythos did they say humans won't have a say. They simply established a diplomatic ring and stated it would be a galactic meeting hub and that the regent would preside over it. Where in all of xcomics did they say humans won't have a say in said chamber. Because I do not recall that happening infact if Imy memory serves me right they are directly supporting the poor and marginalized human beings in mandripoor. They threw the hell fire gala not only to show theirpower but to demonstrate that hey are willing to cooperate with everyone and stengthen their ties. They actively fight against oppression of both humans and mutants and unlike the avengers or ff4 they are actually effective at it. Providing relief and aid to their wards and those living in authoritative states. That's even why the hell fire black market is there in the first place they give money to poor people and provide quality medicines to the black market at affordable prices so said poor people can buy as much as they need. They free captives both human and mutant. They also have an island just for human refugees where they can live comfortable lives in safety and protection if krakoa. They grant amnesty to human heroes who are on the run from tyrannical governments.they work with human scientist in research facilities to expand humans knowledge in sciences and technology. They literally by storm saved the human world from a spore attack caused by a rouge man-thing. They make it a priority not to kill humans even when they are evil only killing those who attack and kill them..all these thing and more they do, and you think they won't allow humans a say? They don't hate human beings even though they would be justified in doing so, the only thing different from this era of x-men and the pre Hickman xmen is that they do not care about pleasing human beings and making them comfortable to their existence. They are done capitulating. yes there are some fucked up things they have done like the pre cog situation and what beast did to that nation albeit accidentally he run with it in a horrible way and doesn't regret, but Emma after finding out shut it down and would definitely punish beast for that. But overall the vast majority of mutants still love and cherish human beings they just don't care weather they existing makes humans comfortable or not. That is what you all don't seem to get. They would take initiatives and push and advance the planet along with all it's inhabitants because the humans are generally very bigoted and let that bigotry drive their actions. Time wasted on building nimrod can be used to do advanced scientific discoveries that benefit everybody but rather it's a genocide factory. Mutants just demonstrated they can terraform an entire planet no problem and humans instead of seeing it as a golden opportunity to partner and expand with them, rather they see it as a threat and are going to waste more resources to try and commit genocide. Humans are thinking primitively as a whole whilst mutants are literally evolving in their mindset and goals, I think if we decide which should speak for Sol I would pick the mature group over the genocidal maniacs. But hey that's just me..
    Exactly I wouldn’t have a problem with mutants representing all of Sol if that was the consent from all sentient beings in Sol that have countries not just humans. The only humans it was currently shown having a problem with it was Henry Gyrich cause he has a problem with everyone including Avengers in the past, Brazil’s ambassador, and abusive Captain Canada. We haven’t currently seen how others respond. The ones that did where just cautious but not against it.