Page 31 of 38 FirstFirst ... 21272829303132333435 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Well the problem with big feats like that is it immediately presents the question: why doesnt the Omega team just go to Orchis and nuke the entire thing? It's not like they've cared about the murder law before
    Maybe they don't want to after thinking about it.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rcaguy View Post
    Why do I get the feeling that "building forward together with humans" really means "Letting the Avengers,Shield and FF run roughshod over Krakoa and Arrako"?
    If the writers didn't want to give the implication that that's what the Gala would be about, maybe they shouldn't have spent the last two months in the comics and solicits saying it was
    Last edited by gonnagiveittoya; 06-18-2021 at 06:47 PM.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Well the problem with big feats like that is it immediately presents the question: why doesnt the Omega team just go to Orchis and nuke the entire thing? It's not like they've cared about the murder law before
    That’s been my problem with Orchis as a big bad. The only reason it’s a threat is because it has been allowed to become one for plot reasons. It makes no sense in story that it has progressed this far. I dislike X-Force, but at least Xeno has been portrayed as being secretive.

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    That’s been my problem with Orchis as a big bad. The only reason it’s a threat is because it has been allowed to become one for plot reasons. It makes no sense in story that it has progressed this far. I dislike X-Force, but at least Xeno has been portrayed as being secretive.
    I actually agree with this. It doesn't make sense Xavier and co would act like Orichis was defeated and they weren't if they weren't heavily relying on Moira's ability to die and reincarnate with info. They are playing a game of seeing where things will go if they do whatever meaning they aren't sure enough that anything is in stone. But i also feel that was presented lazily in xmen 21 which was otherwise a well written issue. given JDW interview it may be the first time i say Hickman is being too loose with his vision as a director if that was suppose to be the intent from the start.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member

Wow 30 pages on a preview lmao glad to see people are looking SWORD and Ewing.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I actually agree with this. It doesn't make sense Xavier and co would act like Orichis was defeated and they weren't if they weren't heavily relying on Moira's ability to die and reincarnate with info. They are playing a game of seeing where things will go if they do whatever meaning they aren't sure enough that anything is in stone. But i also feel that was presented lazily in xmen 21 which was otherwise a well written issue. given JDW interview it may be the first time i say Hickman is being too loose with his vision as a director if that was suppose to be the intent from the start.
    Yeah, as good as this run has been a consistently crappy part of the books has been the complete lack of compelling, challenging villains. As you and useridgoeshere said, I straight up cannot see stuff like Orchis, Xeno, Homines Verendi, etc... as a threat. They just... aren't. They have no displays of power that would force the heroes onto the backfoot, no ongoing plots causing legitimate damage to their cause, no charismatic villain you love to see in action. It's part of why the political nuances of actions, societal issues on Krakoa, and character positions are so sought after (at least for me). Otherwise there's just no friction, and stories with little to no pathos aren't particularly interesting. Luckily Ewing is on this, and his work on Hulk has shown that he can definitely deliver all of the above.

I bet if the Avengers or some earth country made themselves the representative of sol no-one would care but when those lowly mutants do it OMG YOU CAN'T DO THAT IT'S A DECALARATION OF WAR $@%$%$@%$@

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    I bet if the Avengers or some earth country made themselves the representative of sol no-one would care but when those lowly mutants do it OMG YOU CAN'T DO THAT IT'S A DECALARATION OF WAR $@%$%$@%$@

That's what I have been saying! If the avengers or a human nation or even humans in general did it no one would care, but mutants do it and you have people saying they are going too far. Like the avengers didn't already have an entire story dedicated to AVENGER WORLDS. Even in the NASA data page in the planet size x book NASA states that they wanted to terraform mars, guess who they would do that for humans and humans only. Throughout this era the mutants have done one thing and one thing only evolve ideologically, they are thinking interms of their entire race and it's future not interms of pleasing humans and that's what has gotten people pressed. I believe some enjoyed the mutants bing hunted and killed, being disrespected even after saving the world many times and being under the constant threat of genocide. They are going to thrive in this era yes there would be ups and there would be downs but in this era mutants are done apologizing for being born mutant.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rcaguy View Post
    Makes you think twice about tossing a nuke at him when he can toss it or worse back at you, don't it flatscan?
    Exactly the humans as a whole are out of their depths here. The sheer power it takes to did what they did? Like it's mind blowing and it was done in mere hours. Same time it takes the big G to eat one up.

Of all the human heroes I would like to see hulks take on this or even the Asgardian Thor. I doubt they would have a negative reaction as the others.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    That's what I have been saying! If the avengers or a human nation or even humans in general did it no one would care, but mutants do it and you have people saying they are going too far. Like the avengers didn't already have an entire story dedicated to AVENGER WORLDS. Even in the NASA data page in the planet size x book NASA states that they wanted to terraform mars, guess who they would do that for humans and humans only. Throughout this era the mutants have done one thing and one thing only evolve ideologically, they are thinking interms of their entire race and it's future not interms of pleasing humans and that's what has gotten people pressed. I believe some enjoyed the mutants bing hunted and killed, being disrespected even after saving the world many times and being under the constant threat of genocide. They are going to thrive in this era yes there would be ups and there would be downs but in this era mutants are done apologizing for being born mutant.
    Nasa never stated they wanted to terraform Mars they said they just wanted to research it. There would be those who would object to anyone country with no consent from others to speak on billions of lives. Y’all just like to do the “what if’s” just because it seems like mutants should get to speak for all races in Sol due to this power trip you seem to be on and everyone should just sit back and let it happen.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    Nasa never stated they wanted to terraform Mars they said they just wanted to research it. There would be those who would object to anyone country with no consent from others to speak on billions of lives. Y’all just like to do the “what if’s” just because it seems like mutants should get to speak for all races in Sol due to this power trip you seem to be on and everyone should just sit back and let it happen.
    Isnt this what humanity does for EVERY species on the planet?? What humanity does actually does effect other species of life on this planet. All the factories and destroying whole ecosystems to accommodate human life without a second thought of, "oh should we consult the lions and the bears?".

Humanity could not revive mars in hours and settle there just as quickly just as animals cannot build cities, its just fact. Everything mutants have done humans have done as well on a planetary scale to animals and each other but with bloodshed and wars.

Mutantkind moved to mars during a party...
    Last edited by Stormultt Divine; 06-19-2021 at 04:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    Isnt this what humanity does for EVERY species on the planet?? What humanity does actually does effect other species of life on this planet. All the factories and destroying whole ecosystems to accommodate human life without a second thought of, "oh should we consult the lions and the bears?".

Humanity could not revive mars in hours and settle there just as quickly just as animals cannot build cities, its just fact. Everything mutants have done humans have done as well on a planetary scale to animals and each other but with bloodshed and wars.

Just because humans do the most morally bankrupt of actions that means mutants should start talking for a different race without their consent? I didn’t like it when human governments forced mutants into camps and dubbed it “for mutants protection”. I didn’t like that at all, though now because mutants have their own government it’s okay to talk for humans and other races in Sol to other ambassadors of galactic empires without consent and have them just accept it? That is wrong and it ain’t right just because you can do it doesn’t mean you should. Again NASA wanted to study Arakko with permission from mutants they weren’t trying or even thinking about terraforming Mars what they described was curiosity of something new with no underhanded motive. Brand just wants to make moves without truly thinking about the long term repercussion but short term gain.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Just because humans do the most morally bankrupt of actions that means mutants should start talking for a different race without their consent? I didn’t like it when human governments forced mutants into camps and dubbed it “for mutants protection”. I didn’t like that at all, though now because mutants have their own government it’s okay to talk for humans and other races in Sol to other ambassadors of galactic empires. That is wrong and it ain’t right just because you can do it doesn’t mean you should. Again NASA wanted to study Arakko with permission from mutants they weren’t trying or even thinking about terraforming Mars what they described was curiosity of something new with no underhanded motive. Brand just wants to make moves without truly thinking about the long term repercussion but short term gain.
    And lets stop saying, "talking for other races" in a way that makes it seem like mutantkind is about to start sending alien races to Earth in droves to collect human slaves.

There's nothing wrong with taking the INITIATIVE in defending the star system. If humans had done this there would be no backlash but when mutants do it then its call for war.

Humans have an entire space city of giant robots orbiting the sun and a sentinal city on Venus. Im sorry but mutants are not in the wrong.
    Last edited by Stormultt Divine; 06-19-2021 at 05:30 PM.

BANNED

Now go the rest like I said the avengers have avenger world why not berate them. Or humans taking charge of earth what about that. By your logic humans should be doing what they are doing to earth, I mean we pollute, destroy and harm entire ecosystems and species. Maybe before a building and construction work we should consult every species on the planet. Better yet before making laws we should take into account the various sealife and plant life inputs. I mean they are all of value and exist on the planet too... They live here too so before we get up and claim the earth is ours maybe we should consult them first.. oh wait we don't we do whatever we like wherever we like because we are more powerful and advance than they are. We literally have taken the planet from plants and animals and made it to suite us degrading it in the process. The mutants should only ask the humans permission for mars and the solar system once humans themselves put in the work to address every single living creature on the planet earth of their legitimacy to rule the planets. And they must all agree because then it is dictatorship.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post

Exactly I just made this point.