First of all, I think I love this forum. You guys rock.

Secondly, my business partner and I are creating an online marketplace for selling your indie comics. I could really use your feedback and ideas in coming up with ways to overcome the hurdles of getting comics made and sold in a way that is profitable enough to make a living with it.

This platform promises to take a much smaller percentage, for starters. We are inspired to put the money back into the hands of the creators. We arenÂ’t trying to get rich off of your work. We just want to keep the lights on. So, if you arenÂ’t taking more than 50% of the profits, we are missing the mark. Also, we plan to cap our commission at a much lower rate so the more you mark up your price, the more you will make (assuming you donÂ’t overprice it, of course)

We are also developing an online project management platform that serves as a project manager, online comic creator community, job board and mentoring system to help new creators get started in the industry.

We are great at writing software, but we could really use your help! What are some other ideas that would help creators thrive? We really want to help this amazing industry by giving the power back to the people that drive it and we realize that it has to be taken out of the hands of some really big companies just a little bit in order to do that.

If you have never published your own book, your thought are welcome too!
What do you think? How can we take this industry back?

Thank you, everyone!