Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Once you begin disliking current comics, tv shows or music, it just means that your generation has aged.
    To some degree for sure. But, for example, I'm currently watching the animated "Batman: the Brave and the Bold" and loving it. It's clearly not how Batman was done when I was a kid (the 1960s Batman television show). It's actually better, a great blend of drama and lightheartedness.

Some of the appeal is the lightheartedness which plays to "when I was a kid". But some of it is just the style, the lightheartedness, which is hardly owned by one generation. It's just not a style that is commonly done with Batman anymore. That it's clearly designed to appeal to children while still having quality and not being utterly condescending is also a big bonus.
    Power with Girl is better.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TiaraPenny View Post
    That is true for some, but it represents a very simplistic understanding of YouTubing as a medium for comics journalism. It plays off the trope of the term YouTuber conjuring a mental image of one individual working out of home producing all content single-handedly from start to finish and whose popularity is fueled significantly through cult of personality rather than quality. This depicts how a number of YouTuber critic start their operation but not how successful ones evolve. You describe what my team calls “low-rent” YouTubers who have failed to produce quality content over time and have elected the way of gossiping and grifting. These individuals do exist, no question, and they give everyone a bad name, but they do not represent the YouTubers who truly wish to be their better selves. And they do exist.

Many established, successful YouTubers who do comics journalism -- certainly the one who I produce for but I know a few others – are dedicated to producing quality content that is accurate, well-researched, and honest while also appealing to a wide audience. I know personally that my boss will never publish content that he does not feel proud to attach to his name on.
    The real problem is not the low rent YouTubers, it's the successful ones who are still full of bs and borderline psychotic like Grace Randolph. It is these cretins that really give them all a bad name.

Mighty Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaC9rfHA_Ao

Well, here is the channel I recommended need to know if he really pull that off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQfXNe9T5kY

All the information he just search are based on the source he found.

And look at the comments.

InkedUntitled_LI.jpg

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaC9rfHA_Ao

Well, here is the channel I recommended need to know if he really pull that off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQfXNe9T5kY

All the information he just search are based on the source he found.

And look at the comments.

InkedUntitled_LI.jpg
    I wouldn't take yellowflash seriously. It caters to the comicsgate and bigoted crowd. That's also one of the reasons I also stopped watching perch.

Mangas are cheaper and their chronology is easier to follow than the Big 2. You don't have to worry about the next writer messing up your favorite character because it's the same writer and the quality is consistent. I notice a lot of comic YouTubers bring up the SJW/Woke point but I find there are mangas with a lot of things the anti "SJW/Woke" YouTubers complain about. I wonder if the people who hate political stuff in comics and praise manga for lacking them ever read Golden Kamuy, Blue Flag, A Silent Voice, or Firepunch.
    But there are comic YouTubers who are comic book fans outside of baiting in culture wars.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    I wonder if the people who hate political stuff in comics and praise manga for lacking them ever read Golden Kamuy, Blue Flag, A Silent Voice, or Firepunch.
    I wonder if they've even read any comics. Comics have always had political stuff.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    Mangas are cheaper and their chronology is easier to follow than the Big 2. You don't have to worry about the next writer messing up your favorite character because it's the same writer and the quality is consistent. I notice a lot of comic YouTubers bring up the SJW/Woke point but I find there are mangas with a lot of things the anti "SJW/Woke" YouTubers complain about. I wonder if the people who hate political stuff in comics and praise manga for lacking them ever read Golden Kamuy, Blue Flag, A Silent Voice, or Firepunch.
    But there are comic YouTubers who are comic book fans outside of baiting in culture wars.
    Manga has a whole LGBTQIA sub-genre.

It's been more socially relevant to their society than American comics. Particularly superhero comics.

Heck, even bigger manga like Attack on Titan and My Hero Academia have black characters. Even in an almost entirely homogenous society like Japan, creators over there understand that modern societies are becoming increasingly diverse and their work is starting to reflect that.

Incredible Member

Manga(at least Shonen) is filled with garbage as well so I dunno what they're getting at. I used to be an avid reader, but went back to Western comics after a while.

Also, These guys WANT to believe people are buying manga because it's not "SJW", but that's simply not true. Manga is successful because anime is at peak popularity and has been the trend for almost over a decade. Anime and Manga appeal to wide demographic of people from all races, genders and creeds. I know people who never been avid reader of western comics, read manga.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    I wonder if they've even read any comics. Comics have always had political stuff.

I wish people would stop using "political" as a catch all term. These people don't seem to mind when comics have commentary on suicide, PTSD, government corruption and prying.etc. It's really only when race or gender is involved they have issues. I wish they would just be honest and up front about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Morph View Post
    I wish people would stop using "political" as a catch all term. These people don't seem to mind when comics have commentary on suicide, PTSD, government corruption and prying.etc. It's really only when race or gender is involved they have issues. I wish they would just be honest and up front about it.
    I very much agree.

Ultimate Member

Quoted for truth.

Manga(at least Shonen) is filled with garbage as well so I dunno what they're getting at. I used to be an avid reader, but went back to Western comics after a while.

Also, These guys WANT to believe people are buying manga because it's not "SJW", but that's simply not true. Manga is successful because anime is at peak popularity and has been the trend for almost over a decade. Anime and Manga appeal to wide demographic of people from all races, genders and creeds. I know people who never been avid reader of western comics, read manga.
    Manga is just easier for newcomers to get into than comics, indie comics are fine for newcomers but the Big Two can be jarring to some people. I just feel like those guys don't read manga outside of Naruto/DBZ/MHA.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?