Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    Edit: kinda hoping it's not Zdarsky replacing. Spectacular was a mess. A fun one, but still can't imagine enjoying a few years of that as the main title.
    I agree with you on that but Life Story is one of the best Spider-Man comics I've read in years + Zdarsky is killing it on Daredevil. I will give him the benefit of the doubt, he's the best avaliable writer (for Spidey) Marvel has rn.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    “Undid all the Slott damage.” Not to be rude or anything, but I’m sick of seeing the same line over and over again. I agree that a lot of the Parker Industries stuff was over the top but jesua Christ do you people really want to read more stories of a struggling and bummy Peter Parker with no money, moving every 6 months with room mates that are boring as hell?
    Man you hit the nail in the head ! It's time for Parker to grow some and not have the "Parker Luck " all the time.
    He's smart enough that he shouldn't be struggling all the time.
    Also MJ has to be the main squeeze .

Incredible Member

I really do not want to lose MJ and Spidey lose the Secret Identity .

Fantastic Member

No one here finds it super suspect that Spencer's run abruptly announces its conclusion in a way that doesn't seem to fit the way the main title's solicits were going for the last 3 months very shortly after his deal with sub.stack is announced and a boatload of plots still left to resolve? Surprised Bleeding Cool didn't ask about *that* one...

Why was the bold word censored when I dropped the period? Does this conspiracy go *even deeper*!?!?
    "Mutationem Aeternum"
    Krakoan and Proud

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I don't want him to be rich either...I do want him to have a real career, a stable relationship with MJ, and more time having a life as Peter Parker....
    This is what I want as well. It is time, IMO, especially with Miles filling the teenage Spider-Man role.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Jness View Post
    No one here finds it super suspect that Spencer's run abruptly announces its conclusion in a way that doesn't seem to fit the way the main title's solicits were going for the last 3 months very shortly after his deal with sub.stack is announced and a boatload of plots still left to resolve? Surprised Bleeding Cool didn't ask about *that* one...

Why was the bold word censored when I dropped the period? Does this conspiracy go *even deeper*!?!?
    Well it makes perfect sense, isn't it? He have found another job and wrapped up his run. I don't think he was fired. Spencer probably doesn't have time to work for two companies or thinks that another company will be more suitable for him, I dunno. The same happened with Bendis- he wrapped up Invincible Iron Man and left for DC.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    “Undid all the Slott damage.” Not to be rude or anything, but I’m sick of seeing the same line over and over again. I agree that a lot of the Parker Industries stuff was over the top but jesua Christ do you people really want to read more stories of a struggling and bummy Peter Parker with no money, moving every 6 months with room mates that are boring as hell?
    I enjoyed Slott until the end of Superior. If he had left after that, his run would be right up there for me. But the guy hung around for far too long and it showed. He fizzled out instead of going out on a high.

As for Spencer, I am pretty sure that him leaving was his own choice. The book is still in the top 10. But he is a writer where the grind of double (or triple) issues a month isn't for him. He also isn't a big "corporate comics" writer. Always been more independent.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dinosaur Hulk View Post
    Well it makes perfect sense, isn't it? He have found another job and wrapped up his run. I don't think he was fired. Spencer probably doesn't have time to work for two companies or thinks that another company will be more suitable for him, I dunno. The same happened with Bendis- he wrapped up Invincible Iron Man and left for DC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    As for Spencer, I am pretty sure that him leaving was his own choice. The book is still in the top 10. But he is a writer where the grind of double (or triple) issues a month isn't for him. He also isn't a big "corporate comics" writer. Always been more independent.
    Oh I wasn't trying to imply Spencer was fired - more that this doesn't look like it was the originally planned ending point for his run.
    "Mutationem Aeternum"
    Krakoan and Proud

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jness View Post
    Oh I wasn't trying to imply Spencer was fired - more that this doesn't look like it was the originally planned ending point for his run.
    I agree. I felt there were still too many threads to be wrapped up completely. Hence why I am feeling that we may get a rushed conclusion. I hope I am proved wrong.

Still, it isn't the first time a writer has finished their run up well before the time fans expect them to do so. JMS left Thor abruptly due to editorial interference and the constant pressure of having to tie Thor into the line wide events at the time. Peter David left X-factor the first time due to the constant inter-title crossovers.
    Last edited by Somecrazyaussie; 06-18-2021 at 11:06 PM.

Astonishing Member

Bendis was apparently upset because he originally wanted to have Riri as the lead in Invincible Iron-man longer. But issue 600 was looming and they wanted Tony back for it (there was also something to do with how they were promoting Riri as well). He had been dissatisfied for awhile and that was when Didio approached him. But Bendis wasn't going to leave for a lesser title. So they offered him Superman (Tomasi's and Jurgen's runs on Superman and Action were abruptly wrapped up to make way for him).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Tom Taylor is announcing a Marvel project today.

I hope I'm wrong, though, and we get Zdarsky, Al Ewing or Jed MacKay.
    Don't be surprised if Dan Slott returns.

Mighty Member

I don't know why People think Slott will be writing. He did amazing for a decade, Marvel wouldn't put him back in the book after 3 years.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

What a shame.
    This surely isn’t Spencer’s original planned ending - it feels like there’s still so much to do. Truly thought we’d get somewhere with OMD but now it looks like we may not get the answers.

I agree with you on that but Life Story is one of the best Spider-Man comics I've read in years + Zdarsky is killing it on Daredevil. I will give him the benefit of the doubt, he's the best avaliable writer (for Spidey) Marvel has rn.
    Agreed. I love Zdarsky but his Spec run wasn't for me. With that being said both Life Story and Daredevil have been fantastic!

As for Spencer, in general I have been a fan of his but this run on Amazing has been very underwhelming and I just find myself skimming through each book not really caring what happens. I'm ready for something new.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Agreed. I love Zdarsky but his Spec run wasn't for me. With that being said both Life Story and Daredevil have been fantastic!

As for Spencer, in general I have been a fan of his but this run on Amazing has been very underwhelming and I just find myself skimming through each book not really caring what happens. I'm ready for something new.
    Zdarsky does good work with Spidey. He has a great voice for him and the characterization is on point. Initially I felt that, after all his work, he might not have nothing new to say. But, after reading the comments about his Spectacular run, it got me thinking - satellite Spidey titles have to be different tonally from Amazing. You are very limited in what you can, or can't, do.

So, if Zdarsky DID get the keys to Amazing, it has me thinking that it COULD be vastly different to what he did in Spectacular. Add to that he has done the Life Story stuff in between and that has been the opposite to how he approached Spectacular. Dude has grown as a writer as well.

The question is: will it be a short or long run? Spencer leaves with 875 and that gives us 25 issues left until Amazing hits 900.