Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by bishop66 View Post
    hearing its zdarsky but a strong possibilty there may be a co writer involved similair to the new venom book...would love for it to be mckay but think is schedule is already packed
    hearing where? two weeks ago you said Spencer had a lot of issues left after Amazing 75 lol

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I honestly expected Spencer would stay on the book also at least till 100, sinister war doesn't seem like a big enough story to end things on. I'm guessing all those redacted solicitations means kindred will play a big role in those issues and wrap up that plotline.

Put my vote in for zdarsky to take over the title also, he's mentioned not doing anymore DC work after a brief stint this year and I wonder if it's because Marvel got him to come back full time on ASM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I honestly expected Spencer would stay on the book also at least till 100, sinister war doesn't seem like a big enough story to end things on. I'm guessing all those redacted solicitations means kindred will play a big role in those issues and wrap up that plotline.

Put my vote in for zdarsky to take over the title also, he's mentioned not doing anymore DC work after a brief stint this year and I wonder if it's because Marvel got him to come back full time on ASM.
    Agreed.
    He is writing DD and what else rn?
    Also writing Spider-man FCBD which can sometimes decide who the next writer is.
    And so many people want him to write it.
    And even though he said he's done with Spidey he still is writing Spider's Shadow and the annual.
    We'll find out next week

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

I thought this too, I really wanna know what his deal is with Substacks; it must be big for him to leave a flagship title (assuming he left on his own accord)
    Last edited by charliehustle415; 06-21-2021 at 06:53 AM. Reason: CENSOR FIXED, thanks mods

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    I thought this too, I really wanna know what his deal is with Subst@cks; it must be big for him to leave a flagship title (assuming he left on his own accord)

PS: why is it being censored?
    I have the same question - ran into the same issue.
    "Mutationem Aeternum"
    Krakoan and Proud

Quote Originally Posted by Jness View Post
    The Stacks that must not be Subbed!

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jness View Post
    Okay, I thought it was just me.

I went over to the Q&A Thread and let the mod know.

Astonishing Member

We should find out this week who is moving over to ASM. I do think it will be Zdarsky based on: 1: Cates wrirting Hulk and not getting his “Dream job” on ASM. 2:,Zdarsky co-writing the FCB issue with the new Venom team. I said this before, I will say it again. I think this is Zdarsky on a short run ( maybe a year). I go back to his statement about being finished telling his Peter Story. Maybe, just maybe he has a story he never expected to be allowed to tell ( like Slott and RYV), and ( or) complete control coupled with a nice financial bonus? Whoever it is, I want more quips, and no more Peter as a “Damsel In Distress” and ( or) constantly getting his ass kicked ( especially by those who do not come to his power level). That is my single biggest problem with the Spencer run. I do not watch Islanders hockey and Yankees baseball to see my treams lose ( and look bad doing it), and I do not read ASM to see Peter lose ( the Damsel in Distress and Slott Charlie Brown comparison bothered me no end)

Mighty Member

Another reason Zdarsky might want to come back now is a tighter Kingpin story told across both ASM and DD. Wouldn't be that hard to have ASM 900 and DD 50 come out about the same time if they really wanted to (double ship DD a couple times, have ASM 900 start an event, let DD 50 finish it a month or so later). Rose's resurrection and Ned's return could even be Spencer helping queue up a gang war story for after his run rather than something that ends during Chameleon Conspiracy or Sinister War. Kingsley, for example, has been conspicuously absent from Spencer's run
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    Another reason Zdarsky might want to come back now is a tighter Kingpin story told across both ASM and DD. Wouldn't be that hard to have ASM 900 and DD 50 come out about the same time if they really wanted to (double ship DD a couple times, have ASM 900 start an event, let DD 50 finish it a month or so later). Rose's resurrection and Ned's return could even be Spencer helping queue up a gang war story for after his run rather than something that ends during Chameleon Conspiracy or Sinister War. Kingsley, for example, has been conspicuously absent from Spencer's run
    Zdrasky already has made plans for DD 50.Cool idea though

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    Awful idea. Both characters have almost nothing in common. And Spider-Man fans want to read a book about Spidey, specially being the flagship title; not a team-up book with far less interesting characters.
    Jessica Drew and Peter Parker are friends. A shame that Spencer didn't use Jessica during his run on ASM in a reoccurring guest spot as an alternative to Black Cat. Jessica and Peter have a potential dynamic that would be unique from Spider-Man x Black Cat. I could see Jessica in a supporting role in the pages of ASM that is not a crossover event between Spider-Woman and ASM series. If Peter appears in the pages of Spider-Woman, he could be a supporting character who creates spider-tech devices for Jessica that would only work with her Venom Blast powers, which would be a huge selling point for the series. Peter would appear in a non-Spidey role in a cameo spot talking to Jessica in their civilian guise as she does with Carol Danvers.

Could you envision Kelly Thompson taking over the reins of ASM or Jason Aaron working on the series?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Zdrasky already has made plans for DD 50.Cool idea though
    What is the Daredevil 50 plan of Zdarsky? By the way, if Zdarsky takes over Amazing, does he continue with Daredevil? It would mean writing 3 issues per month ( 2 for ASM and one for DD). That is not easy. It is also possible that if he gives up DD, he can switch his DD 50 plan to Amazing, because Fisk is both a Peter and a Matt enemy.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    What is the Daredevil 50 plan of Zdarsky? By the way, if Zdarsky takes over Amazing, does he continue with Daredevil? It would mean writing 3 issues per month ( 2 for ASM and one for DD). That is not easy. It is also possible that if he gives up DD, he can switch his DD 50 plan to Amazing, because Fisk is both a Peter and a Matt enemy.
    He hasn't said what it is.Just that he has planned upto issue 50.
    I am confused by that as well.Specially since he has some other stuff going on as well.I wouldn't mind him doing a co-writing on DD and be full time ASM although it is probably bound to be the other way round.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    He hasn't said what it is.Just that he has planned upto issue 50.
    I am confused by that as well.Specially since he has some other stuff going on as well.I wouldn't mind him doing a co-writing on DD and be full time ASM although it is probably bound to be the other way round.
    I would also add Marcel’s desire to have ASM 900 coincide with the 60th Anniversary of Amazing Fantasy 15 ( probably with a Giant Sized issue): I would also note the comment of Dan Slott “Spider-Man is a young man’s comic.” Why? I would bet because of the pressure to get multiple issues out per month ( which is certainly one reason why Spencer is getting a copy-writer), and for that reason if Zdarsky takes over Amazing, I could see him leaving Daredevil.
    Last edited by NC_Yankee; 06-21-2021 at 06:35 AM.

Mighty Member

Nah, Zdarksy has said that he has more years of Daredevil left. He wouldn't just cut out of the run now.
    He could still be writing Amazing however, but I doubt it. He seems happy enough to do one on-going and a few minis a year
    Cates and Ewing already have a lot on their plate.
    I'm guessing Leah Williams could be a potential candidate. She's coming off of X-Factor and she has already done a MJ series. So for a run where Peter and MJ are back together, she'll be someone who would keep them together and explore their relationship a bit more by focusing on Peters supporting cast, of which the comic really needs right now.