Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I had high hopes for this run when I was tempted back by the Kindred buildup. Overall, thus far, it has been average or 2.5 out of 5 stars for me (nothing bad nothing great either, solid). Great, if not phenomenal, buildup with lackluster payoffs, IMO. I hope Spencer gets a chance to address Kindred that they don't leave the plot thread of "Peter's greatest sin he doesn't remember" dangling. If they do leave it out there, I freely admit, I'll be disappointed. *crosses fingers*

Edit - On the upside (hopefully) no more prominent "buddy" Boomerang. *yay*
    I would say 3.5 to 4.
    Again all this depends on the ending.If the ending is really bad then its a 2.5 or 2.
    They did a lot of character growth and undid almost all the Slott damage done on the character.Again I doubt they will undo OMD but I have almost no doubt they will address it.
    The flaw was they did way too much.Too many villains and supporting characters.I doubt they can give all of them a satisfying conclusion.
    If they can get a good conclusion for the Kindred OMD stuff we will be golden.
    MJ said she is aware about it.Kindred keeps saying it.We got a Mephisto and Strange scene as well.
    Also after Chameleon Conspiracy we will get Kindred focus on the main ASM issues while we get Sinister Six.They will merge by issue 4 of sinister war.

I wish the book would get an editorial shakeup more than anything, same editor's been on the book since Superior was ending.

Incredible Member

“Undid all the Slott damage.” Not to be rude or anything, but I’m sick of seeing the same line over and over again. I agree that a lot of the Parker Industries stuff was over the top but jesua Christ do you people really want to read more stories of a struggling and bummy Peter Parker with no money, moving every 6 months with room mates that are boring as hell?

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    I would say 3.5 to 4.
    Again all this depends on the ending.If the ending is really bad then its a 2.5 or 2.
    They did a lot of character growth and undid almost all the Slott damage done on the character.Again I doubt they will undo OMD but I have almost no doubt they will address it.
    The flaw was they did way too much.Too many villains and supporting characters.I doubt they can give all of them a satisfying conclusion.
    If they can get a good conclusion for the Kindred OMD stuff we will be golden.
    MJ said she is aware about it.Kindred keeps saying it.We got a Mephisto and Strange scene as well.
    Also after Chameleon Conspiracy we will get Kindred focus on the main ASM issues while we get Sinister Six.They will merge by issue 4 of sinister war.
    My thought as well. The 2.5 out of 5 star rating I gave it tentatively hinges on what happens at the end, mainly with Kindred. As things now stand I'd rate it as average assuming no resolution to Kindred's character and mystery. I'll be honest, Kindred getting suck into a "containment unit" (shades of Ghost Busters) utterly sucked for me. It also seemed like a cop-out following such an extraordinary, tense, high-stakes buildup.
    Last edited by Celgress; 06-18-2021 at 02:13 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    I wish the book would get an editorial shakeup more than anything, same editor's been on the book since Superior was ending.
    amen friend, amen
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    My thought as well. The 2.5 out of 5 star rating I gave it tentatively hinges on what happens at the end, mainly with Kindred. As things now stand I'd rate it as average assuming no resolution to Kindred's character and mystery. I'll be honest, Kindred getting suck into a "containment unit" (shades of Ghost Busters) utterly sucked for me. It also seemed like a cop-out following such an extraordinary, tense, high-stakes buildup.
    Yup.He set up other plots but i wish he would tackle them later.
    Although maybe he has a way that all this Kingpin and Chameleon stuff plays in that makes it better but I do doubt it.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    “Undid all the Slott damage.” Not to be rude or anything, but I’m sick of seeing the same line over and over again. I agree that a lot of the Parker Industries stuff was over the top but jesua Christ do you people really want to read more stories of a struggling and bummy Peter Parker with no money, moving every 6 months with room mates that are boring as hell?
    I am not talking about Parker industries.
    His peter was so out of character it was hilarious and attrocious at the same time.
    I am not going to spend time at all this again.Search it up and you'll get your answer.

Extraordinary Member

Not really gonna miss him. He pretty much took every opportunity to kick Pete in the gonads.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Not really gonna miss him. He pretty much took every opportunity to kick Pete in the gonads.
    I have had the same problem ( plus the “Damsel In Distress” stuff. I hope the Peter and MJ cover is real and positive and not something where I say WTF is this?

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I’ve been enjoying this run for the most part, but the Kindred stuff was wearing me out. It should have been fished by issue 25.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I’ve been enjoying this run for the most part, but the Kindred stuff was wearing me out. It should have been fished by issue 25.
    I'm still waiting to find out if Kindred's existence has anything to do with One More Day, and who the other Harry Osborn being held captive with Carlie by him actually is. As long as those questions get answered, and it doesn't end with Peter and Mary Jane breaking up, I'll live.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    ... do you people really want to read more stories of a struggling and bummy Peter Parker with no money, ...
    I want to see Spider-Man and his cast at their most charismatic and entertaining, that doesn't require Peter Parker to be very rich.

Spencer's run is a lot more charismatic than any Spider-Man run since JMS.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Yup.He set up other plots but i wish he would tackle them later.
    Although maybe he has a way that all this Kingpin and Chameleon stuff plays in that makes it better but I do doubt it.
    He does have plenty of time to tie up his loose ends. There's five regular issues, one-giant sized special, the four part Sinister War mini-series and one giant-sized final issue.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    I want to see Spider-Man and his cast at their most charismatic and entertaining, that doesn't require Peter Parker to be very rich.

Spencer's run is a lot more charismatic than any Spider-Man run since JMS.
    I don't want him to be rich either...I do want him to have a real career, a stable relationship with MJ, and more time having a life as Peter Parker.

Now if he moves in with MJ into a condo/house she owns outright and doesn't have to worry about NYC rent/mortgage payments I would not complain.
    Last edited by Chris0013; 06-18-2021 at 04:48 PM.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I'm still waiting to find out if Kindred's existence has anything to do with One More Day, and who the other Harry Osborn being held captive with Carlie by him actually is. As long as those questions get answered, and it doesn't end with Peter and Mary Jane breaking up, I'll live.
    I honestly want Kindred to turn out to be a deranged Bart Hamilton, who made a deal with the devil to wreak havoc on Spider-Man and Harry’s lives.