Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The writing was on the wall with all these one-shots concluding story arcs.

I guess the question is how soon before we know the new writer.
    Yup.Called it and it was pretty obvious in hindsight

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Taylor's announcement is confirmed to be Dark Ages. "Where were you when the lights went out?" was on the original FCBD story last year.
    Is this promotional artwork for the nest run.

Fantastic Member

hearing its zdarsky but a strong possibilty there may be a co writer involved similair to the new venom book...would love for it to be mckay but think is schedule is already packed

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

With Spencer out, I might check Spidey again. With Zdarsky and/ Cates, ASM is gonna be in excellent hands, imo.

Astonishing Member

The writing was on the wall with all these one-shots concluding story arcs.

I guess the question is how soon before we know the new writer.
    We should know the next writer next week ( assuming the solicits come out). My prediction is Zdarsky for a year (giving him the chance to write ASM 900). There are three big questions that need to be answered. 1: How does Kindred end ( or does it)? 2: What happens with OMD ( if anything)? 3: How will Spencer’s final issues turn out? Will they be closer to Cates Venom or the JMS ending which gave us OMD and kept Sins Past? Beyond that, how will his run be viewed over time? I guarantee it will not be Ditko or Stern but it will likely not be Wolfman either. I am guessing between a Grade of C or D depending on how he “sticks the landing.”
    Last edited by NC_Yankee; 06-18-2021 at 09:19 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Zdarsky also does the FCBD and is heavily requested by fans.
    Would like him to do minimum 50 issues.
    Also can we just appriciate the fact that we are goin to get a ASM book almost every week for 2+months and then an 80 page epic
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 06-18-2021 at 09:39 AM.

I'm just not feeling Zdarsky doing ASM. Maybe I just didn't feel Spec or Life Story as much as other people did.

Extraordinary Member

I'm just not feeling Zdarsky doing ASM. Maybe I just didn't feel Spec or Life Story as much as other people did.
    I feel what you are saying.
    I am hyped because of how he wrote him in DD.
    Spec forced him to be much more jokey than he wanted to and life story while a great story was a bit rushed(again marvel's fault ) but the writing in both was still great.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    We should know the next writer next week ( assuming the solicits come out). My prediction is Zdarsky for a year (giving him the chance to write ASM 900). There are three big questions that need to be answered. 1: How does Kindred end ( or does it)? 2: What happens with OMD ( if anything)? 3: How will Spencer’s final issues turn out? Will they be closer to Cates Venom or the JMS ending which gave us OMD and kept Sins Past? Beyond that, how will his run be viewed over time? I guarantee it will not be Ditko or Stern but it will likely not be Wolfman either. I am guessing between a Grade of C or D depending on how he “sticks the landing.”
    It comes out September 22 so i doubt solicits will give it away.
    Although I just checked Marvel's site and it says we will get news next week for Spider-man's next era.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Oh man so Sinister War is the last arc then well based on the cover for 74 I'm guessing Peter and MJ are triumphant over thr kindred arc. Also looks like that MJ plot of her working with Mysterio won't lead to anything serious
    The Title “What price victory?”is something to keep in mind Think Pyrrhic victory where OMD is ended, but Peter’s secret identity is known and it puts MJ and (or) Aunt May in danger so he cannot be with them. It could mean that OMD is going away, but Aunt May or MJ is sent to “Sleep With The Fish.” It is entirely possible that OMD can be explained and erased by showing Peter what will happen ( including what happens to Harry, Ned etc) if let’s say Aunt May lives. Think “Ghost Of Christmas Future” from A Christmas Carol. Or MJ can sacrifice herself by doing a deal with Mephisto so Peter can be freed.
    Last edited by NC_Yankee; 06-18-2021 at 10:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    I feel what you are saying.
    I am hyped because of how he wrote him in DD.
    Spec forced him to be much more jokey than he wanted to and life story while a great story was a bit rushed(again marvel's fault ) but the writing in both was still great.
    Spec had probably my least favorite milestone issue of all time, but that was probably because it was hyped up more than it should have been.

His DD is great. Not sure how that would translate to ASM.

oh my god spencer is free from this garbage
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Also can we just appriciate the fact that we are goin to get a ASM book almost every week for 2+months and then an 80 page epic
    no because this nonsense is the reason this run was not good
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Extraordinary Member

Spec had probably my least favorite milestone issue of all time, but that was probably because it was hyped up more than it should have been.

His DD is great. Not sure how that would translate to ASM.
    Again he wrote Spec in a way more jokey say because marvel wanted him too.
    Also I meant how he wrote Spider-man in DD.That was the best Spidey we have seen in forever.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    no because this nonsense is the reason this run was not good
    Getting more issues is bad?
    I understand if you don't like the content of them but what does that have to do with pacing?
    Also everyone has been complaining that his run is too slow.