Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Infinite Frontier #1 Preview and Discussion

The Multiverse, the infinite frontier. This is the tale of a bunch of random heroes getting ready for a crisis. to fight on new worlds. to seek out Darkseid and potentially establish new series. To boldy go where some have gone before.

Alright I know the star trek joke may be a bit cheesy but I like to have fun when I make posts. Either way DC put up the preview for Infinite Frontier #1 and its already packed full of stuff, we got Flashpoint Batman crashing on Earth-23, we got the Totality smacking around Extant from Zero Hour, Internet forums debating the multiverse, to Alan Scott just flying through Gotham with his son. Looks like it should be cool and honestly Xeramico's art makes it cool.

https://www.dccomics.com/reader/#/comics/469245
    Last edited by sifighter; 06-18-2021 at 07:27 AM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Found the images to put into this thread. Only question now is how the heck did Thomas Wayne get from Earth-0 prison to a ship on Earth-23?

Last edited by sifighter; 06-18-2021 at 08:37 AM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Second half of the preview on Earth-0 coming up

Words to live by.

Is this the first time we've seen Ellis' Ma and Pa?

Talia, Luthor, and Savage seem so out of place here.

Is Hawkgirl still a former JSA member?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Is this the first time we've seen Ellis' Ma and Pa?

Talia, Luthor, and Savage seem so out of place here.

Is Hawkgirl still a former JSA member?
    1. No I believe we've seen Ellis' parents before, I definitely remember them in his recent secret files story.

2. I agree on Talia and Savage, but Luthor feels like he'd probably want to be a part of big multiverse shenanigans

3. Yes, that is Kendra Saunders Hawkgirl who is a former JSA member and the JSA are back and remembered.
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    1. No I believe we've seen Ellis' parents before, I definitely remember them in his recent secret files story.

2. I agree on Talia and Savage, but Luthor feels like he'd probably want to be a part of big multiverse shenanigans

3. Yes, that is Kendra Saunders Hawkgirl who is a former JSA member and the JSA are back and remembered.
    The Ellises were def part of Morrison's original pitch and layout, but it's been a minute so I don't remember if they were specifically depicted on panel or just implied in the Superman "Doomed Rocket" slightly different but very similar Earth-23 intro. They seem great! Kent-like in their kindness and sort of "What crazy Superman stuff is our son dealing with now?" way, but not completely Kent-like. We'll see how they differ, or if they differ, or maybe this is the only scene and we won't. But I like them.

Super Secret Society of Totality Prevention or not ... I feel like Extant-with-the-Worlogog is a a threat. I get the gist of the pitch; he's showing us that The Totality is uniquely suited to handling some serious business. Sidenote though; anytime you want to bring back or show Extant ... who the hell is Extant? Slightly secondary side note; does anyone know the Last Location of the Worlogog? Final Crisis obviously ... but I feel like we've seen it maybe since ... probably in Death Metal?

Something mildly poetic about Vandal - immortal, enacting his plans over eons, forgetting half of them until he remembers it's time to enact them for whatever comic he's in that month ... stomping triumphantly on a Time Villain - because to him, I feel like a Time Conqueror would be a total cheater. Here he is, immortal, invincible, playing the Long Games in this tangled web of history and happenstance, then these time travel jerks step on his well-laid Ultra-Schemes. I'm surprised Per Degaton isn't his Arch-Nemesis at this point.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

I know it's Kendra, I'm just wondering if her time with the team is back in continuity.

Of course, if it is, it would just make things with Carter weirder...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I know it's Kendra, I'm just wondering if her time with the team is back in continuity.

Of course, if it is, it would just make things with Carter weirder...
    I mean Carter is now back with Shayera last we saw who is now separated from Kendra so I don’t think it’s that much of a problem anymore.
    Words to live by.

Who is Extant these days?

Quote Originally Posted by ducklord View Post
    Who is Extant these days?
    Honestly at this point I’d just say he’s a completely separate entity. Because he was already confusing as Hawk from Hawk & Dove during Zero Hour but then New 52/Rebirth has made him a completely separate character from that but now all continuity is remembered so....Extant is Extant and let’s leave it at that for the sake of everyone’s sanity.
    Words to live by.

I mean Carter is now back with Shayera last we saw who is now separated from Kendra so I don’t think it’s that much of a problem anymore.
    Yeah, but they're still kind of the same person? And had a very involved romance? It's just weird .

Honestly at this point I’d just say he’s a completely separate entity. Because he was already confusing as Hawk from Hawk & Dove during Zero Hour but then New 52/Rebirth has made him a completely separate character from that but now all continuity is remembered so....Extant is Extant and let’s leave it at that for the sake of everyone’s sanity.
    Yeah, but there's somebody under the mask, right? I mean, even if it's a pre-52 Hank Hall remnant from a future that never existed, it's gotta be somebody. Otherwise, he's a blank slate with no rational motivation, just a "random guy who messes with time/reality for no apparent reason." And that would be kind of lame.

And hey, can I interest you in my theory that Monarch is actually Per Degaton?

I like Talia and Vandal Savage as characters but they don’t seem to fit on this team. They’ve never been shown to be multiverse experts. Yeah they’re intelligent villains but they aren’t on the level of Mr. Terrific or Lex. Vandal’s years of experience would come in handy I guess but they probably could have found a more suitable member besides Talia.

Also, what’s Hawkgirl bring to the table? They desperately needed someone to smash things with a mace?

Pre-Crisis Vandal Savage was King arthur of earth two and then traveled to earth one. So, in someway, he has certain multiversal pedigree.

But Agree on Talia being the odd man out.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

I'm not crazy about Thomas Wayne having a big role here. If they had to have a multiversal Bat, OG Earth-2's Helena Wayne would've been my pick.
    But I'm excited about the book. IF has been mostly solid so far and I'm really hoping this comic can finally launch a new JSA comic. It's long overdue.