Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default DC Comics September 2021 Solicitations

DC Connect for September is up so we have solicit text even if we don't have all the full size cover images:

DC Universe link: https://www.dcuniverseinfinite.com/c...7ff3dfa/reader
    Lunar link (PDF download): https://www.lunardistribution.com/fi...connect_14.pdf
    Imgur: https://imgur.com/a/4h7IHih

EDIT:

DC Comics September 2021 Solicitations
    Last edited by Hypo; 06-18-2021 at 09:23 AM.

Let's see after looking it over I'm reading the following this month

-I AM Batman #1, been following Jace so of course
    -Aquaman: the Becoming #1, because I like Jackson/Kaldur and Brandon Thomas
    -Robin #6
    -Green Lantern #6
    -Infinite Frontier #6
    -Superman: son of Kal-el #3
    -Titans Academy #7
    -The Flash 774
    -Swamp Thing #7
    -Wonder Girl #5
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member

Did we know Batman/Superman was ending?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Not that I'm aware of, I thought it would keep going since they're getting a annual in August.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Getting
    -Titans Academy
    -Shazam
    -Wonder Girl
    -Aquaman the becoming
    -Flash
    -Green Lantern
    -Swamp Thing
    -Justice League
    -Strange Adventures
    -Rorscharch
    Last edited by Johnrevenge; 06-18-2021 at 08:51 AM.

Amazing Member

I’m starting to worry that besides Wally they’re trying to change who is in charge on the League solos, and I’m definitely hoping I’m wrong.

Sad to see Batman/Superman going.

Otherwise it looks like the usual pickups.

Quote Originally Posted by Forlorn View Post
    I’m starting to worry that besides Wally they’re trying to change who is in charge on the League solos, and I’m definitely hoping I’m wrong.

Sad to see Batman/Superman going.

Otherwise it looks like the usual pickups.
    Turns out Infinite Frontier was secretly 5G all along huh

But in all seriousness there is still places to read the original heroes so we shouldn't worry.
    Words to live by.

Wonder Woman #779
    Wonder Woman: Black and Gold #4
    Superman '78 #2

Extraordinary Member

Deathstroke Inc. #1 Variant by Adam Hughes

Extraordinary Member

Incredible Member

While I think it was a little too early to do a Bat-family event, I'm excited for Fear State and I've been enjoying Tynion's run, so I'm excited to see how this goes. I'll be picking up Batman #112 and Batman #113, though I'm not sure how I feel about it going back to double shipping. I've been trying to limit how many monthly books I've been buying for my wallet's sake. I am really interested though, in the Clownhunter back-ups. I've liked the little bit I've read of him so far, and having been missing since December, it'll be fun to see him come back in August for his Secret Files issue, and then in September for the back-ups. I'm hoping this leads to a more consistent presence for him.

Miracle Molly is not who I would have expected for the next Secret Files issue, when I feel like there's a good amount of classic/pre-existing Bat-characters that could use some love. But she's been fun in Batman so far, and it makes sense to tie into Fear State. She seems to be following the Punchline/Clownhunter path, with Tynion writing a special to flesh out their origin story/backstory before launching more into the character. I wonder how long until we get Ghostmaker's origin story.

I think this'll be the first Urban Legends issue I don't pick up, as only one of September's stories interests me- Cass in Future State- and the rest don't hold any interest to me. I'm curious as to how long those stories will be, and how soon until we return to more present-day stuff.

The Joker seems to be digging in more, and I'm glad to see the Punchline back-up seems to be making some real progress. I'm enjoying both stories a lot, and am looking forward to seeing where they go. I am surprised it seems Babs is just now fighting against the Talon from the most recent issue. While #5 is a flashback, I figured that would be dealt with in issue #6.

Nightwing is joining Fear State, and I know that's likely to be controversial. While I don't think it was necessary, especially so early into Taylor's run, I think it'll be fun to see him join in on the action and flesh out the Fear State story more. I just hope they don't totally ditch and derail Taylor's story, otherwise, it'll start to feel like Higgins' run all over again.

Robin's just now getting into the tournament itself. It's definitely taken longer than I would have expected from the beginning, but the first couple issues were laying a lot of the groundwork and characters, while 3, 4, and 5 all seem fun and interesting in their own right. I'm just glad to see Damian getting some focus and his own story.

I enjoyed Second Son a lot, so I plan to pick-up I Am Batman as well. The solicit doesn't give much of an idea what the plan is currently for the book, but I like what Ridley's done and it feels like a fresh, new take that I'm excited a lot for. It reminds me a bit of the Batman Reborn era, with I Am Batman serving kinda like the Batman and Robin book, a chance to flesh out the new Batman and give them their own story and villains. I'm hoping that Ridley is able to build Jace his own rogue's gallery, rather than just leaning on existing Bat-villains.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post

BATMAN/SUPERMAN #22
    Writer: GENE LUEN YANG
    Artist: PAUL PELLETIER
    Cover: IVAN REIS and DANNY MIKI
    Variant Cover: GARY FRANK
    $3.99 US | 32 PGS | $4.99 US VARIANT (Card Stock)
    ON SALE 9/28/21
    SERIES FINALE!
    Mr. Mxyzptlk resurrecting Calendar Man from his death during A-Day is causing some reality-rattling consequences. If Superman and Batman are going to prevent a fifth-dimensional god-being from compartmentalizing all of existence, they’re going to need to turn to some unlikely allies.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

I just have one question - what is the deal with Catwoman's peekaboo-armpits costume? Is that a thing in fashion? Doesn't that cause the fabric around her shoulders to, like bunch up?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post

BATMAN/SUPERMAN #22
    Writer: GENE LUEN YANG
    Artist: PAUL PELLETIER
    Cover: IVAN REIS and DANNY MIKI
    Variant Cover: GARY FRANK
    $3.99 US | 32 PGS | $4.99 US VARIANT (Card Stock)
    ON SALE 9/28/21
    SERIES FINALE!
    Mr. Mxyzptlk resurrecting Calendar Man from his death during A-Day is causing some reality-rattling consequences. If Superman and Batman are going to prevent a fifth-dimensional god-being from compartmentalizing all of existence, they’re going to need to turn to some unlikely allies.
    No, I asked the question 'cause I saw the solicit text. It was unexpected.

Quote Originally Posted by ducklord View Post
    I just have one question - what is the deal with Catwoman's peekaboo-armpits costume? Is that a thing in fashion? Doesn't that cause the fabric around her shoulders to, like bunch up?
    Been wondering that since the costume debuted 3 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorkel567 View Post
    While I think it was a little too early to do a Bat-family event, I'm excited for Fear State and I've been enjoying Tynion's run, so I'm excited to see how this goes. I'll be picking up Batman #112 and Batman #113, though I'm not sure how I feel about it going back to double shipping. I've been trying to limit how many monthly books I've been buying for my wallet's sake. I am really interested though, in the Clownhunter back-ups. I've liked the little bit I've read of him so far, and having been missing since December, it'll be fun to see him come back in August for his Secret Files issue, and then in September for the back-ups. I'm hoping this leads to a more consistent presence for him.

Miracle Molly is not who I would have expected for the next Secret Files issue, when I feel like there's a good amount of classic/pre-existing Bat-characters that could use some love. But she's been fun in Batman so far, and it makes sense to tie into Fear State. She seems to be following the Punchline/Clownhunter path, with Tynion writing a special to flesh out their origin story/backstory before launching more into the character. I wonder how long until we get Ghostmaker's origin story.

I think this'll be the first Urban Legends issue I don't pick up, as only one of September's stories interests me- Cass in Future State- and the rest don't hold any interest to me. I'm curious as to how long those stories will be, and how soon until we return to more present-day stuff.

The Joker seems to be digging in more, and I'm glad to see the Punchline back-up seems to be making some real progress. I'm enjoying both stories a lot, and am looking forward to seeing where they go. I am surprised it seems Babs is just now fighting against the Talon from the most recent issue. While #5 is a flashback, I figured that would be dealt with in issue #6.

Nightwing is joining Fear State, and I know that's likely to be controversial. While I don't think it was necessary, especially so early into Taylor's run, I think it'll be fun to see him join in on the action and flesh out the Fear State story more. I just hope they don't totally ditch and derail Taylor's story, otherwise, it'll start to feel like Higgins' run all over again.

Robin's just now getting into the tournament itself. It's definitely taken longer than I would have expected from the beginning, but the first couple issues were laying a lot of the groundwork and characters, while 3, 4, and 5 all seem fun and interesting in their own right. I'm just glad to see Damian getting some focus and his own story.

I enjoyed Second Son a lot, so I plan to pick-up I Am Batman as well. The solicit doesn't give much of an idea what the plan is currently for the book, but I like what Ridley's done and it feels like a fresh, new take that I'm excited a lot for. It reminds me a bit of the Batman Reborn era, with I Am Batman serving kinda like the Batman and Robin book, a chance to flesh out the new Batman and give them their own story and villains. I'm hoping that Ridley is able to build Jace his own rogue's gallery, rather than just leaning on existing Bat-villains.
    I gotta say, when first reading the solicits,that the sheer glut of bat books, and their overall dystopian themes discouraged me from starting to collect comics again, for a second. I think I'm glad I get my books through mail order, so I can pick out the books I want with out some comic shop owner trying to sell me on anything bat related. I don't know why people want to read these books, when we have enough of their themes in real life.