Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Some pleasant surprises (Black Manta, Titans United), and a few disappointments (no LoSH or JSA).

Quote Originally Posted by ducklord View Post
    I just have one question - what is the deal with Catwoman's peekaboo-armpits costume? Is that a thing in fashion? Doesn't that cause the fabric around her shoulders to, like bunch up?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Been wondering that since the costume debuted 3 years ago.
    Well that makes three of us!
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Did we know Batman/Superman was ending?
    Ouch, I hadn't noticed that. That's a real shame, Yang's run is great.

Getting: Batman urban legends#7(Terry Mcginess), Icon & Rocket, Justice league infinity
    Maybe: Deathstroke inc, black manta, Titans united(is this based on the tv show?), Milestone compendium one, Loony tunes#262(Stupor duck).

Titans United has the roster from the TV show, but uses the comic book costumes. It's probably set in the same AU as Titans Together, the digital book from last year.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Nothing of interest.
    Not even a trade.

Astonishing Member

So. I guess all the leading lady's at dc are reduced to supporting characters now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    So. I guess all the leading lady's at dc are reduced to supporting characters now.
    Supergirl has a series? Wonder Woman? Catwoman? Harley?

I think you're referring specifically to Dinah in the Deathstroke series?

Astonishing Member

The premise of Deathstroke Inc. is alienating, feels like another attempt by writers to justify him and pretend he did nothing wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Barbara is also in a similar place right now, even if she's rumored to be part of the Batgirls book.
    Dinah always seems to get stuck in these supporting positions. Her last shot at a series was during DC You, then she immediately returned to GA's supporting cast. At least now she's a Leaguer again, but having her work with Deathstroke is probably one of DC's decisions I care least about in this new era.

One could also say Mera and the Hawkwomen also deserve to become leading ladies in their own right. It bugs me a lot how every Hawk ongoing is called Hawkman when they should be equal partners.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Eh, it's fair criticism - Supergirl, who is arguably DC's second biggest female hero behind WW gets a mini, so she'll be back on the bench before too long. Barbara is a supporting character in multiple books at the moment - yes I know we have a Batgirls book that is supposedly coming - and now Dinah is playing second fiddle to Deathstroke while King Shark gets a mini? Ehhhhh.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Barbara is also in a similar place right now, even if she's rumored to be part of the Batgirls book.
    Dinah always seems to get stuck in these supporting positions. Her last shot at a series was during DC You, then she immediately returned to GA's supporting cast. At least now she's a Leaguer again, but having her work with Deathstroke is probably one of DC's decisions I care least about in this new era.

One could also say Mera and the Hawkwomen also deserve to become leading ladies in their own right. It bugs me a lot how every Hawk ongoing is called Hawkman when they should be equal partners.
    Well once the batgirl actress is announced we will get the book, I’m noticing the books coming match up with the live action media
    Even scarecrow taking center stage matches up with the tv show
    Hawk woman got cut from black Adam and I wouldn’t touch Mera right now with the amber thing

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Just Batman by Taylor and Superman & The Authority for me.

I guess Batman/Catwoman by King has a skip month

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Titans United has the roster from the TV show, but uses the comic book costumes. It's probably set in the same AU as Titans Together, the digital book from last year.
    Starfire is actually wearing the top part of Anna's new costume just sleeveless and pantsless. I didn't notice till someone pointed it out.

Thoughts:

- "Can the new Dark Knight counterbalance their plan to inspire armed rebellion in the citizens of Gotham?! Can one man inspire a city?" This feels weird to say when Bruce is still around and active.

- Bill Willingham writing a Batman/Fables crossover involving Bookworm is...brilliant.

- I'm not sure what that "BATMAN—KNIGHTWATCH/BAT-TECH SPECIAL EDITION" is all about. It's using Rebirth era costumes and Batmobile, but it's a showcase of Batman's tech? Seems like a kids comic, too.

- So Slade is now a good guy working for a legitimate spy organization? Who count Black Canary as part of their roster? Well, I like Joshua Williamson and Howard Porter...

- Jackson just met Aquaman, and has only been Aqualad for maybe a year or two in-universe, and now he's getting his own mini so he can transition into being Aquaman. Jeez. Most of these new legacy mantles aren't even old enough to drink yet!

- Black Manta getting his own mini is cool (his own nemesis not having a book is kind of weird though). Looks like they're evoking Phil Bourassa's design of him. And Devil Ray showing up is hilarious.

- Nice to see Seeley bringing back Defacer for a team-up with King Shark.

- Damian's Titans back together for a Halloween anthology? Cool.

- Synergy Titans book is obviously there for synergy.

- Ted's cut off from his money? Hijinks ensues!

- "Who is the secret hero behind Checkmate?! Guest-starring Superman!" - Doesn't that basically spoil it, unless it's not Supes? And what's the big deal about Leviathan, again?

- Lobo locking his daughter up to serve his own prison sentence is patented Lobo, but also terrible parenting.

- Simon and Jessica finally reunite under less than stellar circumstances as she's now a Yellow Lantern. Yikes .

- Calendar Man worshiping a Martian Death God? Uh...okay.

- Who thought DC could still be publishing 262 issues of a Looney Tunes comic?

- I see we're keeping the New 52 designs for the New Gods.

- Damian facing off against the two ladies he's been focused the most with across this tournament? Natch.

- Couldn't resist the Starro homage with the RWBY cast.

- That Shazam mini seems so divorced from the actual mythos or what people would actually want to see from a Shazam book.

- Will Adam Strange survive his mini? Was this ultimately all about making Mr. Terrific look awesome at his expense?

- Ambush Bug joining the Suicide Squad just makes it feel like the book is throwing everything on the wall and seeing what sticks.

- I'm not sure of the logistics of a young Mystery Inc. meeting a young Bruce Wayne, but...a Pup Named Scooby-Doo .

- Wally spending time with Irey sounds really cute, liking the new costume and bringing back the white eyes, although Dr. Nightmare feels like he should be Dr. Destiny.

-Wonder Woman and Deadman don't interact a lot, come to think of it.

No Truth & Justice #8....anyone hear about this one getting canned?
    (At least Sensational Wonder Woman got a Final Issue!).