Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 79
  1. #31
    Traveler of omniverses Thor-Ul's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Halfway between Asgard & Krypton
    Posts
    3,561

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Venceremos View Post
    why are you like this
    Because, according to Korath, Bendis makes no mistake!! And if you talk against something Bendis wrote, you are wrong and he will insult your preferences.
    "But was it worth it to try and appeal to new, younger readers if it meant alienating a large portion of the existing long-term fan base?"
    Arius_de_Galdri (reddit poster)

  2. #32
    Extraordinary Member Robotman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    9,245

    Default

    Superman and the Authority, Batman/Superman, and 78 for me. Looks like Iím gonna be saving money for the foreseeable future since Jon Kent is just everywhere.

  3. #33
    All-New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Because I'm tired of kid Jon's fanatics. And because it's true. Kid Jon never stood on his own. Never.
    Well, as a ďSuperman not having a kidĒ fanatic, can we get rid of Jon if adult Jon drops low in sales too?

  4. #34
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Posts
    266

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Forlorn View Post
    Well, as a “Superman not having a kid” fanatic, can we get rid of Jon if adult Jon drops low in sales too?
    Jon will never be erased

    That ship had sailed years ago

    If not the moment of his creation

    His failed legion book sold more than Conner’s solo books
    Last edited by kryptonian; 06-19-2021 at 09:35 PM.

  5. #35
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    7,088

    Default

    I have zero interest in a traditional superman.So,when and if jon goes.i would just drop the books as well.I grown past superman..
    "I swear to devote my life to the destruction of piracy, greed, cruelty and injustice! And my sons, and their sons, shall follow me!"

  6. #36
    Astonishing Member Blue22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    2,239

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    IF it makes you stop complaining all the time, all for the better.
    I can't speak for him but it'd just make me complain even more. I am a fanatic, after all. If there's one thing I'm good at doing with comics (and only comics. I feel like I should make that clear.) it's hold a grudge. Shit, it's years later and I can still rant for days about One More Day, War Games, Wanda and Pietro's retcon, Identity Crisis, Inhumans VS X-Men, and the absolutely awful way Bendis wrote both Civil War II and Iceman's coming out. Stuff like Jon's current direction and Franklin Richards' retcon are just more drops in the hat of things I can complain about for a looooong time.

    ...Well...not actually mad. More like...exaggerated internet mad. Which is closer to just being really annoyed. Point is, I can keep this going XD

  7. #37
    All-New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kryptonian View Post
    Jon will never be erased

    That ship had sailed years ago

    If not the moment of his creation

    His failed legion book sold more than Connerís solo books
    Iím not sure what Connor has to do with it, I just donít want Superman to have a kid.

    And Iím pretty sure you are right it wonít be changed, which is why at this point Iím thinking of dropping Superman & Company, because Superman has too much baggage I donít like nowadays, and no by seems to know what to do with Supergirl, at least not in any way I like.

  8. #38
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    7,088

    Default

    Jon is the only character in the industry that can unite both his fans and haters alike in wanting it to fail.Atta boy! now that has the makings of a superman...and it's funny..pissing of everyone since inception in 1930s...Anyways,it's the internet everybody is here to complain,poke holes...etc and talk about what they like on the side.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 06-20-2021 at 12:13 AM.
    "I swear to devote my life to the destruction of piracy, greed, cruelty and injustice! And my sons, and their sons, shall follow me!"

  9. #39
    Ultimate Member Sacred Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    18,400

    Default

    That's probably because he's the by far the weakest developed character in the industry that's receiving the push he's receiving. Each side pokes holes in the development because there's tons of holes on both sides of the development. Its as weak as as a wet paper towel. He's basically the DCEU's infamous rushed, poorly thought out developmental decisions made manifest into a single comic book character. Only difference is that unlike the DCEU, this character gets a major pass for it.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

    "ďYour boos mean nothing, Iíve seen what makes you cheer!Ē

  10. #40
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Posts
    266

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    That's probably because he's the by far the weakest developed character in the industry that's receiving the push he's receiving. Each side pokes holes in the development because there's tons of holes on both sides of the development. Its as weak as as a wet paper towel. He's basically the DCEU's infamous rushed, poorly thought out developmental decisions made manifest into a single comic book character. Only difference is that unlike the DCEU, this character gets a major pass for it.
    Or because he is the only Superman legacy character outside of Kara that’s actually popular...unlike Conner whose a mess of ideas that never caught on outside of the teen Titans


    And there is a certain jealousy

  11. #41
    Kon-El "The Scion" SuperX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    1,068

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kryptonian View Post
    Or because he is the only Superman legacy character outside of Kara that’s actually popular...unlike Conner whose a mess of ideas that never caught on outside of the teen Titans


    And there is a certain jealousy


    Dang we got a hater here.kom was never meant to be positioned as supermans son or even next in line as superman. He was always created to be a independent and unique character. Jon was created as supermans son and the next in line from the start, and pushed to the sky by DC to be just that.
    Where is my damn Tactile Telekinesis?
    - Conner Kent /kon-el

  12. #42
    Ultimate Member Sacred Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    18,400

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kryptonian View Post
    Or because he is the only Superman legacy character outside of Kara that’s actually popular...unlike Conner whose a mess of ideas that never caught on outside of the teen Titans


    And there is a certain jealousy
    He's not nearly as popular as he's made out to be. Either version.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 06-22-2021 at 06:24 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

    "ďYour boos mean nothing, Iíve seen what makes you cheer!Ē

  13. #43
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    7,088

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    That's probably because he's the by far the weakest developed character in the industry that's receiving the push he's receiving. Each side pokes holes in the development because there's tons of holes on both sides of the development. Its as weak as as a wet paper towel. He's basically the DCEU's infamous rushed, poorly thought out developmental decisions made manifest into a single comic book character. Only difference is that unlike the DCEU, this character gets a major pass for it.
    ofcourse there is.But,the framework itself is pretty solid.There is atleast lois and clark(12 issues),tomasi superman(40 issues),supersons(12 issues atleast),superman issues with jon's backstory in space,bendis's legion,...etc.Any writer can expand on whatever period of jon's life they like.As if superman had long drawn out years to explain "ma kent taught to hope harder".Bullet point origins has always been a thing.Expanding on bullet points is what has always been done with superman.The thing about shared universe is that you can't do a timeskip without everyone along for the ride.Personally,would a time skip be more natural?yes.but,would it happen with american mainstream superhero comics?no.A relative timeskip is perfect device for growing up jon.
    "I swear to devote my life to the destruction of piracy, greed, cruelty and injustice! And my sons, and their sons, shall follow me!"

  14. #44
    Astonishing Member Korath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Toulouse, France
    Posts
    4,261

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Because, according to Korath, Bendis makes no mistake!! And if you talk against something Bendis wrote, you are wrong and he will insult your preferences.
    Actually, Bendis has nothing to do with it. It's just that Kid Jon is th emost uninspiring and uninteresting character that i've read in a very long time. Teen Jon offers a world of potential stories his kid version couldn't even dream being featured in, and said first version utterly ruined Damian Wayne, and then DC compounded it with his new series as "Robin".

    And yeah, i think that bendis has been largely doing awesome work ar DC be it with Superman, Naomi, Justice League and even the LoSH where he got to revamp it. His only fliunder has been Young Justice, but that's because he couldn't rewrite it from the ground up and was stuck with not many interesting characters.

  15. #45
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Posts
    266

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Actually, Bendis has nothing to do with it. It's just that Kid Jon is th emost uninspiring and uninteresting character that i've read in a very long time. Teen Jon offers a world of potential stories his kid version couldn't even dream being featured in, and said first version utterly ruined Damian Wayne, and then DC compounded it with his new series as "Robin".

    And yeah, i think that bendis has been largely doing awesome work ar DC be it with Superman, Naomi, Justice League and even the LoSH where he got to revamp it. His only fliunder has been Young Justice, but that's because he couldn't rewrite it from the ground up and was stuck with not many interesting characters.
    Tell me

    What stories can possibly be told with teen Jon


    I’m curious...because legion has shown quite the opposite

    He is more unwrittable than his father

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •