Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Venceremos View Post
    why are you like this
    Because, according to Korath, Bendis makes no mistake!! And if you talk against something Bendis wrote, you are wrong and he will insult your preferences.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Superman and the Authority, Batman/Superman, and 78 for me. Looks like I’m gonna be saving money for the foreseeable future since Jon Kent is just everywhere.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Because I'm tired of kid Jon's fanatics. And because it's true. Kid Jon never stood on his own. Never.
    Well, as a “Superman not having a kid” fanatic, can we get rid of Jon if adult Jon drops low in sales too?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Forlorn View Post
    Well, as a “Superman not having a kid” fanatic, can we get rid of Jon if adult Jon drops low in sales too?
    Jon will never be erased

That ship had sailed years ago

If not the moment of his creation

His failed legion book sold more than Conner’s solo books
    Last edited by kryptonian; 06-19-2021 at 09:35 PM.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I have zero interest in a traditional superman.So,when and if jon goes.i would just drop the books as well.I grown past superman..
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

IF it makes you stop complaining all the time, all for the better.
    I can't speak for him but it'd just make me complain even more. I am a fanatic, after all. If there's one thing I'm good at doing with comics (and only comics. I feel like I should make that clear.) it's hold a grudge. ****, it's years later and I can still rant for days about One More Day, War Games, Wanda and Pietro's retcon, Identity Crisis, Inhumans VS X-Men, and the absolutely awful way Bendis wrote both Civil War II and Iceman's coming out. Stuff like Jon's current direction and Franklin Richards' retcon are just more drops in the hat of things I can complain about for a looooong time.

...Well...not actually mad. More like...exaggerated internet mad. Which is closer to just being really annoyed. Point is, I can keep this going XD

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by kryptonian View Post
    Jon will never be erased

That ship had sailed years ago

If not the moment of his creation

His failed legion book sold more than Conner’s solo books
    I’m not sure what Connor has to do with it, I just don’t want Superman to have a kid.

And I’m pretty sure you are right it won’t be changed, which is why at this point I’m thinking of dropping Superman & Company, because Superman has too much baggage I don’t like nowadays, and no by seems to know what to do with Supergirl, at least not in any way I like.

Jon is the only character in the industry that can unite both his fans and haters alike in wanting it to fail.Atta boy! now that has the makings of a superman...and it's funny..pissing of everyone since inception in 1930s...Anyways,it's the internet everybody is here to complain,poke holes...etc and talk about what they like on the side.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 06-20-2021 at 12:13 AM.

That's probably because he's the by far the weakest developed character in the industry that's receiving the push he's receiving. Each side pokes holes in the development because there's tons of holes on both sides of the development. Its as weak as as a wet paper towel. He's basically the DCEU's infamous rushed, poorly thought out developmental decisions made manifest into a single comic book character. Only difference is that unlike the DCEU, this character gets a major pass for it.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    That's probably because he's the by far the weakest developed character in the industry that's receiving the push he's receiving. Each side pokes holes in the development because there's tons of holes on both sides of the development. Its as weak as as a wet paper towel. He's basically the DCEU's infamous rushed, poorly thought out developmental decisions made manifest into a single comic book character. Only difference is that unlike the DCEU, this character gets a major pass for it.
    Or because he is the only Superman legacy character outside of Kara that’s actually popular...unlike Conner whose a mess of ideas that never caught on outside of the teen Titans

And there is a certain jealousy

Or because he is the only Superman legacy character outside of Kara that’s actually popular...unlike Conner whose a mess of ideas that never caught on outside of the teen Titans

Dang we got a hater here.kom was never meant to be positioned as supermans son or even next in line as superman. He was always created to be a independent and unique character. Jon was created as supermans son and the next in line from the start, and pushed to the sky by DC to be just that.
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

He's not nearly as popular as he's made out to be. Either version.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 06-22-2021 at 06:24 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    ofcourse there is.But,the framework itself is pretty solid.There is atleast lois and clark(12 issues),tomasi superman(40 issues),supersons(12 issues atleast),superman issues with jon's backstory in space,bendis's legion,...etc.Any writer can expand on whatever period of jon's life they like.As if superman had long drawn out years to explain "ma kent taught to hope harder".Bullet point origins has always been a thing.Expanding on bullet points is what has always been done with superman.The thing about shared universe is that you can't do a timeskip without everyone along for the ride.Personally,would a time skip be more natural?yes.but,would it happen with american mainstream superhero comics?no.A relative timeskip is perfect device for growing up jon.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Because, according to Korath, Bendis makes no mistake!! And if you talk against something Bendis wrote, you are wrong and he will insult your preferences.
    Actually, Bendis has nothing to do with it. It's just that Kid Jon is th emost uninspiring and uninteresting character that i've read in a very long time. Teen Jon offers a world of potential stories his kid version couldn't even dream being featured in, and said first version utterly ruined Damian Wayne, and then DC compounded it with his new series as "Robin".

And yeah, i think that bendis has been largely doing awesome work ar DC be it with Superman, Naomi, Justice League and even the LoSH where he got to revamp it. His only fliunder has been Young Justice, but that's because he couldn't rewrite it from the ground up and was stuck with not many interesting characters.

BANNED

Actually, Bendis has nothing to do with it. It's just that Kid Jon is th emost uninspiring and uninteresting character that i've read in a very long time. Teen Jon offers a world of potential stories his kid version couldn't even dream being featured in, and said first version utterly ruined Damian Wayne, and then DC compounded it with his new series as "Robin".

And yeah, i think that bendis has been largely doing awesome work ar DC be it with Superman, Naomi, Justice League and even the LoSH where he got to revamp it. His only fliunder has been Young Justice, but that's because he couldn't rewrite it from the ground up and was stuck with not many interesting characters.
    Tell me

What stories can possibly be told with teen Jon

I’m curious...because legion has shown quite the opposite

He is more unwrittable than his father