Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    He's not nearly as popular as he's made out to be. Either version.
    He’s still more popular than Conner

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Superman and the Authority, Batman/Superman, and 78 for me. Looks like I’m gonna be saving money for the foreseeable future since Jon Kent is just everywhere.
    Other than some brief cameos, Action has been all about Clark. Once Clark goes cosmic I don’t think Jon will be showing up at all hopefully.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by kryptonian View Post

Your funny, kon has been around since 93,probably older than you, and has has 100s of issues starring him over the years. He is in 2 TV shows, and was a standout in the Reign movie.

Jon is only popular because DC pushes him so hard, hard enough to get to space, while kon isn't pushed at all, none, and still keeps his fan base
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Yeah I also highly disagree that Jon is more popular than Conner. As for his history, Conner right now is in a similar position to Clark himself, he's convoluted but not because its in his nature to be convoluted. He just became that way due multiple changes and foolery with his general upkeep. He indeed spent the first half of his existence quite simple and forthright.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

I'm gonna have to third that. Conner's got a loooooooooong history on his side in addition to a dedicated fanbase. I love Jon but right now Conner has a WAY better chance of still being around, years from now.

Astonishing Member

Yeah, no way Jon is more popular than Conner. Him getting the push doesn't equate popularity, it just means DC is promoting him well ahead of time and not as his own character but as a fill in, which hurts me as a Jon fan.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I am going to be honest.Conner as he is ,is an outdated character.They need to evolve the character from 90s.Moreover,that doesn't mean put him in jeans and t-shirts .i mean, that should have been Clark's thing.alas,if that's not then they need to give conner distinct and different vibes/functions.As for popularity,we can't know about that There isn't any reliable metric for judging that.Jon has rapidly gained access to other media and is constantly pushed.He is getting popular or at the very least known at a pace that conner isn't.With things like damiam, my hero and invincible. the shtick of "son/successor of flying brick" concept is getting out there as well and getting popularised.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Astonishing Member

If DC doesn't screw Jon over, he could eventually eclipse Conner, I don't doubt it. He is growing in popularity, not that he currently more popular.

I disagree Conner's outdated. There's nothing inherently outdated about the idea of a supporting/spin-off character that's a clone of the main character. Cloning is a rather timeless sci-fi trope. Furthermore there's nothing that outdated about a rambunctious, loud kid. Those are the main hallmarks of the classic character, and they're just as workable today as they were in 1993.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    I'm gonna have to third that. Conner's got a loooooooooong history on his side in addition to a dedicated fanbase. I love Jon but right now Conner has a WAY better chance of still being around, years from now.
    Keep telling yourself that

You say that like I want it to be the case. It's not really something I particularly need to tell myself. Because it's not something I particularly care about. It is what it is. Conner's been a popular part of the Superman mythos for decades. Long enough to gain an audience both in and outside of comics. Could Jon surpass him in time? Probably. Especially if DC keeps pushing him as Clark 2.0 while Conner and the rest of his generation are left floundering around for a purpose like they've been doing since they came back. But right now, I really don't think Jon's got a larger base than him.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kryptonian View Post
    What are you basing this on?
    Assassinate Putin!

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I disagree Conner's outdated. There's nothing inherently outdated about the idea of a supporting/spin-off character that's a clone of the main character. Cloning is a rather timeless sci-fi trope. Furthermore there's nothing that outdated about a rambunctious, loud kid. Those are the main hallmarks of the classic character, and they're just as workable today as they were in 1993.
    It's not the clone part.It ain't the personality being rambunction or loud,believe me(i would say conner hasn't been either.I guess,that's the kent effect).It's about putting that stuff in the current world..It's everthing else...the design,relevance,powerset..etc..It's not like they don't know conner needs revamp.geoff johns did it with his tshirt and jeans thing.But,i don't think it worked because the character came from different background.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 06-26-2021 at 06:28 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    It's not the clone part.It ain't the personality being rambunction or loud,believe me(i would say conner hasn't been either.I guess,that's the kent effect).It's about putting that stuff in the current world..It's everthing else...the design,relevance,powerset..etc..It's not like they don't know conner needs revamp.geoff johns did it with his tshirt and jeans thing.But,i don't think it worked because the character came from different background.

Of course us fans of kon knows a overhaul is needed, bendis brought him back, I appreciate thst, but he was brought back overly "punk", bland personality, and only kryptonian powers, so yeah he needs a overhaul, but he is still a great character
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Part of me wonders exactly how much credit should go to Bendis in regards to Conner's return. Wasn't Rebirth practically telegraphing his comeback WAY before Bendis was a thing?