Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    You can't age them up too much if you want Lois to have kids. Superman can't have been around in the thirties and still have a kid with Lois AND still have the Kents alive or whatever it was they were planning to do.
    Right, that was what I was thinking. You can't have the Kents having died 50 years ago or whatever and say it's in the same pre-Flashpoint continuity.

Astonishing Member

Jurgens linear verse has people not aging very much as time goes on from WW2 to up.

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    Jurgens linear verse has people not aging very much as time goes on from WW2 to up.
    Yeah, I'm not really a fan of that. If Clark and Lois have been in their prime since WW2, that makes for some radical storytelling. If people who look like they're in thirties are WW2 vets, it radically changes what society is like. To take that and then say the world otherwise looks the same, to me that distracts from whatever story you want to tell. That would mean that Jonathon and Martha could've come over on the Mayflower. The more I think about it the more ridiculous it is.
    And the whole "everything is canon" just makes a bigger mess than it fixes because too many details are contradictory.
    How can Lex be a teenage supervillain and a publicly respectable CEO years later?

BANNED

Okay this is how I would fix the contradictions in the timeline

Martha and Jonathan “die” during car accident in the 20s

Superman comes out during WW2 and becomes a public superhero till either the McCarthy hearings or the Vietnam war, causing Superman to become disillusioned and go into exile in space

Superman returns to earth and meets Batman and creates a new Clark Kent persona around the late 90s to 2000s

meets Lois lane and slowly falls in love with her till he marries her at around 2005/2006

2005-2011: kara arrives, Conner is born, Jon Kent is born

2016: the doomsday clock crisis occurs as Martha and Jonathan are both time traveled into the 21st century by doctor manhattan