Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default These Superman Knock Offs fight who comes out the winner?

og-image.jpg Who comes out the victor?

Sentry. It's not close.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Sentry. It's not close.
    Wasn't Plutonian also some kind of mega reality warper at the end?

I forget his peakiest stuff but otherwise, yeah, Bob with the clean sweep here.

If you take out Plutonian and Sentry, then it gets a bit more interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Wasn't Plutonian also some kind of mega reality warper at the end?

I forget his peakiest stuff but otherwise, yeah, Bob with the clean sweep here.

If you take out Plutonian and Sentry, then it gets a bit more interesting.
    Oooh. If the Plutonian is a reality warper it probably swings the other way just as severely.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Oooh. If the Plutonian is a reality warper it probably swings the other way just as severely.
    Did a quick bit of googling.

He can go intangible, it's more matter manipulation - messing with atomic structures and the like.

He also is a durable son of a gun, he was still standing and walking around in a prison that had a superdense gravity that was turned up 100 times to "the weight of a star system," level and he was fine. He was made to bleed by someone who was literally burning an entire star as fuel to empower every punch she landed on him.

I don't think he's quite as potent as Bob is when he's on his **** but he's definitely got some nasty powers that the other bricks don't want none of.

I'm only kind of surprised that Goku wasn't put on there. Or Great Saiyaman Gohan. Goku's origins are now literally a mirror Superman's (except the Saiyans being exterminators of other races rather than scientists). And Gohan has done the superhero thing, costume, secret identity, and even had a movie made about his Saiyaman exploits.

Mighty Member

Sentry or the Plutonian should be the obvious choices, it would be probably more interessting to do the ranking.

Astonishing Member

Just Gladiator from this list already did his best in comics recently (during Annihilator Scourge) to muscle distract an incarnation of Sentry* (along with other characters helping him on panel, at least Beta Ray Bill being also a rock solid class 100 cosmic brick within Marvel, and let's just say Invisible Woman who was also heavily featured there as well was able to shield against the Sentry with shields that could hide a planet for days against the Cancerverse armies then also resist several Sentry punches before growing weak), in order for a version of Silver Surfer, fused with original Bob's knowledge, to defuse the danger he presented without outright being able to kill or contain the guy for good, and admitting they all had a 50/50 chance about it. And Doctor Strange was also double invited by the Fantastic Four and Beta Ray Bill to deal with this, IIRC having at least a cameo too when the Negative Zone portal opened.

*incarnation of Sentry meaning a Celestial-slaying poor event villain older than the Universe can still swoop in and kill Sentry for event points for the King In Black's disappointing event hopefully forgotten soon after.
    Last edited by Wildling; 06-18-2021 at 11:33 PM.

Not familiar with some...I'm thinking Gladiator for the second spot followed by Hyperion?
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cronus View Post
    Not familiar with some...I'm thinking Gladiator for the second spot followed by Hyperion?
    1 and 2 should be for Sentry and Plutonian, barring any Hyperion or maybe Shazam outliers (he fought Superboy Prime recently). Excessive durability regardless of his own speed remains one of Sentry's top secret weapons for this across years, along with general immortality, mentality top high showings, and all kinds of other super powers displayed. And that's true enough for Plutonian too with higher speed even if less comics compared to Sentry.
    Last edited by Wildling; 06-21-2021 at 10:04 PM.

Not sure how Homelander’s ego would cope with being in this fight. He’s an utter irrelevance.

He’s not alone in that, but he’s definitely one of the absolute barrel-bottom scrapings here.

And unless he’s gained some serious speed-feats in the last few years, Blue Marvel is a statue to everyone else.

Mr Majestic had some good feats iirc. Should allow him to easily take out Homelander and Apollo too. He then gets pasted by top 2, and Gladiator too unless I'm mistaken
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Extraordinary Member

How much faster is Sentry than Shazam and Ultra Man?

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    How much faster is Sentry than Shazam and Ultra Man?
    He’s not. He’s much, much slower.

But it doesn’t matter.

They can’t harm him and he can very much harm them with a wave of AoE.

They’d just have a relative eon to contemplate their own inevitable demise.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    He’s not. He’s much, much slower.

But it doesn’t matter.

They can’t harm him and he can very much harm them with a wave of AoE.

They’d just have a relative eon to contemplate their own inevitable demise.
    Okay I just remember Wasp/Ultron knocking him around. I guess he's powered up since then maybe.

Last edited by CliffHanger2; 06-22-2021 at 06:02 AM.