Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Okay I just remember Wasp/Ultron knocking him around. I guess he's powered up since then.
    Well, he has, actually, powered up a lot from there, but it doesn't matter. That was just a very low feat for that version of the guy, and here, we throw those in the trash and don't use them to judge characters. If we used them, regular-ish speed people could hit the Flash, or Batman could kick Wonder Woman or Hulk in the stomach to some valid effect, or Yellowjacket could dropkick Thor and stun him (all of these things have happened in comics). Sentry's first appearance is more than enough to beat the rest of the guys here, all at once. Adding his later stuff and it just gets worse.

So Sentry gets his high end feats, consistent with his presentation. His presentation is extremely high, and he's done things like will himself back from being atomized by the Molecule Man, more-or-less instantly, and then do the same thing in reverse to that guy. He's extremely fast compared to 99.99% of characters, but he's slow as molasses to the "fraction of lightspeed reaction" crew (and, obviously, their betters). It just doesn't matter if "all" those guys can do is dish out typical class 100 damage.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Well, he has, actually, powered up a lot from there, but it doesn't matter. That was just a very low feat for that version of the guy, and here, we throw those in the trash and don't use them to judge characters. If we used them, regular-ish speed people could hit the Flash, or Batman could kick Wonder Woman or Hulk in the stomach to some valid effect, or Yellowjacket could dropkick Thor and stun him (all of these things have happened in comics). Sentry's first appearance is more than enough to beat the rest of the guys here, all at once. Adding his later stuff and it just gets worse.

So Sentry gets his high end feats, consistent with his presentation. His presentation is extremely high, and he's done things like will himself back from being atomized by the Molecule Man, more-or-less instantly, and then do the same thing in reverse to that guy. He's extremely fast compared to 99.99% of characters, but he's slow as molasses to the "fraction of lightspeed reaction" crew (and, obviously, their betters). It just doesn't matter if "all" those guys can do is dish out typical class 100 damage.
    Hmmmm...guess he needs better competition than what's in here.

Hmmmm...guess he needs better competition than what's in here.
    Yeah, he's not really exactly a Superman knock-off, not like most of the rest of the gang here.
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Why is Hyperion posing like a moody, ginger, teenaged Will Ryker?

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Why is Hyperion posing like a moody, ginger, teenaged Will Ryker?
    Because Sentry is there.

Well, he has, actually, powered up a lot from there, but it doesn't matter. That was just a very low feat for that version of the guy, and here, we throw those in the trash and don't use them to judge characters.
    At least he has a CIS reason for it back then: his fragile mental state, which was indeed stated to be the reason as to why his powers fluctuated so radically.

Yeah, he's not really exactly a Superman knock-off, not like most of the rest of the gang here.
    Dude is kind of like a fusion ripoff of both Superman, and Miracleman.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

The one asterisk I'll point out is Mr. Majestic is actually capable of inventing and making comic book genius inventions thanks to his super speed and manipulation of matter via heat vision, so he might be able to whip up something to take out Sentry. Maybe.

Okay I just remember Wasp/Ultron knocking him around. I guess he's powered up since then maybe.

I'll note that's a unique, one off version of Ultron. We don't actually know how powerful it was as we have nothing else to compare it to.

Not that Sentry otherwise came off great there. He needed help catching a falling Hellicarrier and got stunned by Carol Danvers after she absorbed a nuke. But THAT is a low showing, where as the Ultron thing isn't really anything.
    Last edited by Captain Morgan; 06-22-2021 at 03:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    The one asterisk I'll point out is Mr. Majestic is actually capable of inventing and making comic book genius inventions thanks to his super speed and manipulation of matter via heat vision, so he might be able to whip up something to take out Sentry. Maybe.

I'll note that's a unique, one off version of Ultron. We don't actually know how powerful it was as we have nothing else to compare it to.

Not that Sentry otherwise came off great there. He needed help catching a falling Hellicarrier and got stunned by Carol Danvers after she absorbed a nuke. But THAT is a low showing, where as the Ultron thing isn't really anything.
    Sentry also proceeded to beat on Ultron and bend up the bodys face despite it being made out of Adamantium, iirc. Dude was have mental problems during that whole thing too I think. Been a while.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    Sentry also proceeded to beat on Ultron and bend up the bodys face despite it being made out of Adamantium, iirc. Dude was have mental problems during that whole thing too I think. Been a while.
    I don't remember it was said to be adamantium, but was some kind of malleable material after Ultron downloaded himself into Iron Man and assimilated/reshaped his armor and body. That story was weird all around, with Ultron making his new body be a naked metal Wasp lookalike for seemingly no other reason than being drawn by a cheesecake-friendly artist. And the Helicarrier stuff wasn't just a low showing but something this particular writer had a thing for, he launched another Helicarrier at Sentry in a different comic.

At least those comics still managed to slip in the bit about Sentry resurrecting his murdered wife without realizing he did it, as far as the thing about being some localized reality warper. And since she was later killed by Bullseye but in Sentry's third miniseries he mentioned to his former sidekick like it was no thing that she was around but just didn't want to talk to him anymore, he seems to have done it again.

The Recipe for Disaster Blackid's Avatar

OK... Scrapping out some of the All powerful's what would you guys rank the rest of the list:

Shazam
    Ultraman
    Icon
    Apollo
    Omniman
    Mr Majestic
    Blue Marvel
    Homelander

thanks!
    The Recipe for Disaster asks for Blasphemy, but as for me, ask for me, I give it gravity.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    I don't remember it was said to be adamantium, but was some kind of malleable material after Ultron downloaded himself into Iron Man and assimilated/reshaped his armor and body. That story was weird all around, with Ultron making his new body be a naked metal Wasp lookalike for seemingly no other reason than being drawn by a cheesecake-friendly artist. And the Helicarrier stuff wasn't just a low showing but something this particular writer had a thing for, he launched another Helicarrier at Sentry in a different comic.

At least those comics still managed to slip in the bit about Sentry resurrecting his murdered wife without realizing he did it, as far as the thing about being some localized reality warper. And since she was later killed by Bullseye but in Sentry's third miniseries he mentioned to his former sidekick like it was no thing that she was around but just didn't want to talk to him anymore, he seems to have done it again.
    If I remember correctly Ultron took Wasp's form because Stark was secretly in love with her. Yeah it was a really weird story.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post

Welp if we're comparing that Ultron to a low-end Sentry it is kinda impressive heh heh.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackid View Post
    OK... Scrapping out some of the All powerful's what would you guys rank the rest of the list:

Shazam
    Ultraman
    Icon
    Apollo
    Omniman
    Mr Majestic
    Blue Marvel
    Homelander

thanks!
    Mr Majestic
    Shazam (mainly because he has more feats than…)
    Ultraman
    Omni-Man
    Icon
    Apollo
    Blue Marvel
    Homelander

I realise Blue Marvel is much too slow for Homelander, but I don’t think Homelander can do a damn thing to hurt him.

The others probably can.

Also Prime from the Malibu Ultraverse is sad.

I mean he’d lose to pretty much everyone, but he’s sad.

And I can’t remember the name of that Superman analogue who debuted in Spider-Man books and then later showed up with Wonder Man and Goliath in the Revengers.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Mr Majestic
    Shazam (mainly because he has more feats than…)
    Ultraman
    Omni-Man
    Icon
    Apollo
    Blue Marvel
    Homelander
    Who is this Majestic cat anyway? What puts him above a guy who is currently physically comparable to current Supes, but magical in nature?

I realise Blue Marvel is much too slow for Homelander,
    Why do you think so? Homelander literally has zero speed feats to his name outside of travel. His reaction speed really isn't anything for a normal human, let alone when compared to everyone else here.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral