Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Army of Tarzans vs Army of Zorros

Army of Tarzans comprising all versions

vs

Army of Zorros comprising all versions

Neutral arena, provides no advantage for either side. Last man standing wins for their team.

Which side takes it?
    Last edited by Tami; 06-30-2021 at 11:56 AM. Reason: Added links that might help.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Tough call because I don't know if it is possible to have an environment that is not advantageous to one but not the other.

No environment (the arena) favors Zorro hugely because Tarzan can't climb or use cover and camouflage.

Any environment where Tarzan can climb and swing or throw things favors him.

I would say draw because I am not sure there is any environment that doesn't give one of them a huge advantage.

Great idea for a rumble though.
    Power with Girl is better.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

how strong is zorro? because tarzan is bloody strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Army of Tarzans comprising all versions

vs

Army of Zorros comprising all versions

Neutral arena, provides no advantage for either side. Last man standing wins for their team.

Which side takes it?
    Well, Tarzan (I could very well be mistaken) would be very much at a disadvantage outside of the jungle. Whereas Zorro would be more adaptable.

Does Tarzan have his animal friends as backup? And does Zorro have his sword? Either would prove to be the game changer.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Well, Tarzan (I could very well be mistaken) would be very much at a disadvantage outside of the jungle. Whereas Zorro would be more adaptable.

Does Tarzan have his animal friends as backup? And does Zorro have his sword? Either would prove to be the game changer.
    Team Zorro get their swords.

If the choice of arena is problematic, we can change the setting to the middle of Central Park in Manhattan. It has a little of both worlds for each of them. Of course, there are no other people around to get in the way.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Standard equipment also gives Zorro firearms.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Not all of them, but yes (at least the original McCulley and the Fairbanks Zorro. I think some Serial versions have a firearm as well. It's been a while, but ISTR that Guy Williams Zorro used one a few times as well). Also, whips. They are going to need those weapons, since the Tarzans should be, on average, superior to the Zorros physically speaking.

I read some of the McCulley novels and short stories recently, while Zorro was good by real world standards in those, he wasn't that impressive. His standard MO when dealing with multiple opponents was basically sword in one hand, firearm in the other, and duel one guy while threatening to shoot the first person who would want to intervene. One of the few times I remember him fighting multiple opponents had him lose (The Further Adventures of Zorro, IIRC). Could be fun if I could gather some quotes regarding this specific version. The first version that was able to handle multiple opponents was the Fairbanks Zorro, during the final fight in "Don Q, Son of Zorro".

The three most impressive versions of Zorro that come in mind would be in that order Kaiketsu Zorro, Dynamite Zorro (not as fast as the Kaiketsu version, but I remember him being pretty good at stealth, and carrying extra stuff, like caltrops), and the Banderas version.

I am less familiar with the Tarzans, but I do have the first novel somewhere in my apartment, so I may take a look later.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Do Zoro from one piece and Zorro from Persona 5 count here?

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchGemini View Post
    Not all of them, but yes (at least the original McCulley and the Fairbanks Zorro. I think some Serial versions have a firearm as well. It's been a while, but ISTR that Guy Williams Zorro used one a few times as well). Also, whips. They are going to need those weapons, since the Tarzans should be, on average, superior to the Zorros physically speaking.
    Truth.

Tarzan wrestles with apes and gorillas, breaking their necks through a combination of superior technique and his own impressive strength. He does the same with leopards. He carries like...four times as much gold as other strong men do (bars of gold - Tarzan: The Jewels of Opar, if I recall correctly). He swings from trees and such, he tosses people around like toys.

The difficulty is in dealing with things like a sword in the hand of a skilled user, and firearms.

Then again, novel Tarzen also uses a bow and arrows with impressive accuracy.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Do Zoro from one piece and Zorro from Persona 5 count here?
    Gundam again.jpg

^_^
    Why are we here?

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

I mean, it is a fair question. I could see the One Piece Zoro not counting, but Zorro in Persona 5 is explicitly the manifestation of the idea behind the iconic literary hero. He's also a spell casting Stand, so.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    I mean, it is a fair question. I could see the One Piece Zoro not counting, but Zorro in Persona 5 is explicitly the manifestation of the idea behind the iconic literary hero. He's also a spell casting Stand, so.
    ...I will grant you the second point. ^_^
    Why are we here?

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    I'm okay with giving each Standard Equipment, if it will make things more interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I'm okay with giving each Standard Equipment, if it will make things more interesting.
    Tricky. I can't even begin to call this without seeing the list and equipment for each version of the two characters.
    Why are we here?

Extraordinary Member

didn't novel Tarzan end up immortal at some point?