Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    Why do you think so? Homelander literally has zero speed feats to his name outside of travel. His reaction speed really isn't anything for a normal human, let alone when compared to everyone else here.
    Oh, well if that’s the case then he’s even more hosed. But I always figured he had some degree of reaction speed, and able to recognise A-Train in full flow etc.

Blue Marvel is virtually speedless as far as I can recall.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Oh, well if that’s the case then he’s even more hosed. But I always figured he had some degree of reaction speed, and able to recognise A-Train in full flow etc.

Blue Marvel is virtually speedless as far as I can recall.
    What about that there Majestic cat? What are his feats, and where is he from?
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Mighty Member

He is from the Wild C.A.T.S. and has superman like powers (super strength/speed, energy vision, freeze breath, etc.) plus psi powers.

Well more specifically, drawing back on past threads Majestic is Superman but with some extra

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...t=mr.+majestic
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...t=mr.+majestic
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Mr. Majestic basically is Post Crisis Superman-ish, but faster (somewhat FTL instead of near-light) and with some psi powers.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Thanks for the info guys.

Isn't Shazam comparable to Rebirth Supes now? Shouldn't that make him too tough for someone as strong as Post crisis Superman?
    Last edited by Cody; 06-23-2021 at 05:32 PM.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Majestic iscalso strong enough to shove around planets, and made science gloves that kept said planets from tearing themselves apart in his grip.

Thanks for the info guys.

Isn't Shazam comparable to Rebirth Supes now? Shouldn't that make him too tough for someone as strong as Post crisis Superman?
    No, he isn't. At least not to my knowledge. Almost no one is comparable to Superman anymore-- the post crisis hierarchy has been shattered. But even aside from that, Shazam got a major power set overhaul in the reboot compared to Captain Marvel. He's less of a Superman clone and more of Thor analogue now. Less physical stat feats but a lot more magic and versatility.

I don't know if he has the power or speed to not just get blitzed by most of these dudes.

Mr Majestic
    Shazam (mainly because he has more feats than…)
    Ultraman
    Omni-Man
    Icon
    Apollo
    Blue Marvel
    Homelander

I realise Blue Marvel is much too slow for Homelander, but I don’t think Homelander can do a damn thing to hurt him.

The others probably can.
    I'd go:

Majestic
    Ultraman
    Omniman
    Shazam
    Blue Marvel
    Apollo
    Homelander.

Left Icon off because I know diddly squat about him. Apollo has always been a pretty weak sauce Superman. If this was Billy as Captain Marvel he'd rank higher thanks to his speed, but he only started using the Shazam monicer in the new 52 when he got the new power set.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Welp if we're comparing that Ultron to a low-end Sentry it is kinda impressive heh heh.
    The problem with Sentry being used a lot is, he was never meant to be used for low-end anythings in comics. When big_adventure posted about his first appearance being enough to beat the other guys here, it was about how in Marvel Knights Sentry the return of the Void was an end of the world event level threat that immediately gathered not only Earth's entire superhero community, but at least the saner supervillain community according to Doctor Octopus, in order to try to stop him (I assume the time period is peak pre-90s Bronze Marvel, since Thor was his classic self, Doctor Strange was Sorcerer Supreme and the X-Men had Professor X as headmaster). And when the Void launched his final attack it was treated as something completely unstoppable if not for the global mindwipe that left Bob Reynolds a harmless civilian until the New Avengers relaunch.

And even later comics, in-between these kinds of lower showings, actually amped his presentation as big_ adventure notes, because, as an example, Sentry was stated to be immortal in passing in Marvel Knights Sentry without any elaboration on how or if maybe it was just not being subject to dying of old age, and by the time Dark Avengers rolled around, it was elaborated to be something not even Molecule Man could instantly overrule.
    Last edited by Wildling; 06-23-2021 at 11:30 PM.

The classic example of Sentry’s power (before the Molecule Man thing) was several power-ups ago in his battle with Genis-Vell in the Microverse.

The energy they were throwing out was so ridiculous that plumes of it were visible in the main 616 universe, an actual different dimension. I mean I’d usually say that makes no sense whatsoever, but a) the Microverse’s relationship with the 616 universe is a bit different than other inter-dimensional relationships because you can actually shrink into it, so there’s a slight asterisk, and b) this is Sentry - compared to most of his showings this is entirely sane and rational.

Head. Cannon.

Astonishing Member

The classic example of Sentry’s power (before the Molecule Man thing) was several power-ups ago in his battle with Genis-Vell in the Microverse.

The energy they were throwing out was so ridiculous that plumes of it were visible in the main 616 universe, an actual different dimension. I mean I’d usually say that makes no sense whatsoever, but a) the Microverse’s relationship with the 616 universe is a bit different than other inter-dimensional relationships because you can actually shrink into it, so there’s a slight asterisk, and b) this is Sentry - compared to most of his showings this is entirely sane and rational.

Head. Cannon.
    For that matter, an incarnation of the Void immediately stopped a limited space portal rift fom closing, with his bare hands, and physically muscled it far beyond its initial intended scope. Talk about a Space Jam moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    I'd go:

Majestic
    Ultraman
    Omniman
    Shazam
    Blue Marvel
    Apollo
    Homelander.

Left Icon off because I know diddly squat about him. Apollo has always been a pretty weak sauce Superman. If this was Billy as Captain Marvel he'd rank higher thanks to his speed, but he only started using the Shazam monicer in the new 52 when he got the new power set.
    Omniman should not be above either Blue Marvel or Shazam, he can't harm them and he is only in the supersonic-hypersonic reaction speed territory.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

Omniman should not be above either Blue Marvel or Shazam, he can't harm them and he is only in the supersonic-hypersonic reaction speed territory.
    But Blue Marvel is in the ‘no particular super-speed at all’ territory, or at least he used to be.

The Recipe for Disaster Blackid's Avatar

But Blue Marvel is in the ‘no particular super-speed at all’ territory, or at least he used to be.
    Wait so there's NO articles where he goes from one place to another in seconds, minutes, or lightspeed? Do his normal feats just kinda show him there and fighting? not traveling? Sucks they cut corners on him... but of course... this is Blue Marvel.
    The Recipe for Disaster asks for Blasphemy, but as for me, ask for me, I give it gravity.

You might be right on Blue Marvel, he seems pretty beefy as a class 100, but I don't know what speed feats he has.

But again, what feats does Shazam have for speed or durability that put him above Omniman? I did find a something which ranked him as the 9th fastest runner in DC, but he was notably a few places behind Wonder Woman on that list, and I haven't actually seen reaction feats to peg him as particularly up there.

Again, he's not the Captain Marvel, goes even with Superman guy anymore.