Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Blackid View Post
    Wait so there's NO articles where he goes from one place to another in seconds, minutes, or lightspeed? Do his normal feats just kinda show him there and fighting? not traveling? Sucks they cut corners on him... but of course... this is Blue Marvel.
    Oh, I’m sure he has some perfectly respectable (but not light speed) travel speed feats, but not reaction speed feats, which are what matter for combat purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    You might be right on Blue Marvel, he seems pretty beefy as a class 100, but I don't know what speed feats he has.

But again, what feats does Shazam have for speed or durability that put him above Omniman? I did find a something which ranked him as the 9th fastest runner in DC, but he was notably a few places behind Wonder Woman on that list, and I haven't actually seen reaction feats to peg him as particularly up there.

Again, he's not the Captain Marvel, goes even with Superman guy anymore.
    Well if he is still the same guy as he was back in NU52, then surely he should at least be comparable to a NU52 Kryptonian which should still place him at a significant fraction of light with the strength to casually bench press a planet, shouldn't he?

Just because he is weaker than a Rebirth Kryptonian(who are comparable to NU kryptonians only when on the last dredges of their power), doesn't mean he shouldn't paste anyone else here.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Bench pressing a planet would look a lot like an ordinary push-up.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    Well if he is still the same guy as he w

s back in NU52, then surely he should at least be comparable to a NU52 Kryptonian which should still place him at a significant fraction of light with the strength to casually bench press a planet, shouldn't he?

Just because he is weaker than a Rebirth Kryptonian(who are comparable to NU kryptonians only when on the last dredges of their power), doesn't mean he shouldn't paste anyone else here.

You keep saying this and I have yet to see evidence that he is comparable. He knocked New 52 Superman down with a punch one time, was shocked he could do it, and then got bodied by Clark.

Edit: Having done some cursory research in the respect threads, I am pretty sure you are just conflating how Billy used to stack up to Clark with showings since then.
    Last edited by Captain Morgan; 06-24-2021 at 02:33 PM.

Ultimate Member

I think I'll put Plutonian and The Sentry at the top simply because they are ultimately not Superman knock offs.

Plutonian is a reality warper and The Sentry is something like that (his powers are ultimately ill-defined).

But these guys don't really strictly on physical abilities like Superman.

Ultimate Member

Last I saw of Billy, he and Black Adam beat up Superboy-Prime.

I haven't really seen much of Shazam since Rebirth.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Last I saw of Billy, he and Black Adam beat up Superboy-Prime.

I haven't really seen much of Shazam since Rebirth.

Went and looked up that fight, and I wouldn't over sell it. They were outclassed by Prime for raw power and only one by combining their name bolt. A move which risked killing Black Adam-- which indicates it was a desperation move. And Prime's durability has always been inconsistent.

Billy does manage to evade Prime's initial blitz that took out the rest of the Marvel family, but he only seemed to dodge one punch before Prime adjusted and nailed him. So that is an OK speed feat but nothing that really pings him up towards the lightspeed bracket.

Astonishing Member

I thought the Prime fight with Shazam and Black Adam was sad for Prime because IIRC it was brought up he was still resistant to magic, which only reminds he's inconsistent, even regarding a single stat like durability, or even from the same writer (without him having any disclosures like Sentry's mentality, which always seemed to influence the Sentry serum effects like more recently when his former sidekick drank it but that's another discussion tangent), since Geoff Johns in Infinite Crisis also wrote Adam punching Prime (IIRC even repeatedly) and only tickled him, but in the Shazam comic here he now drew blood and upset him with a single punch. All of which would maybe be fine for this thread if Shazam people were supposed to be stronger now like Rebirth Superman but I haven't seen any stuff supporting that.
    Last edited by Wildling; 06-29-2021 at 10:14 PM.