Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Default Hy-Brasil: A Modern Adventure/Mystery RPG Sign-Up and Discussion Thread.

Since DMB will be ending after Chapter 5 (which will be posted soon) I thought I might post a different type of RPG for the board. A more adventure/mystery themed one involving Earth’s secret past. I’ve wanted to do a smaller RPG again for a bit (like Pale Star was for those who recall) and I figured now would be a good time.

The Story:

The year is 2032, and after much strife the Earth has found balance. Climate change is being worked back as new environmental efforts surge, while conservation efforts redouble around endangered species and locations. Oil dependency slips as new, greener technology becomes cheap enough to mass produce and corperations start switching over more and more each day. Earth’s eyes turn further into space as well, and efforts will soon send the first manned colony mission to Mars in two years time. For once, the future of humanity starts looking brighter than ever before.

However, the past hides many secrets. Much of human history remains unknown, and before humanity can truly reach its pinnacle, the past demands its dues.

A mysterious storm front has arisen off the west coast of Ireland/England. A hurricane like storm that has persisted strangely for two weeks, never moving from the spot. Any attempts to breach it have failed to this point, and satellite imaging has only gotten one clear image so far, and it is this image that drives the following mission forward: A strange landmass sits in the middle of this storm, one not seen on nautical maps for hundreds of years. After much deliberation (and keeping the odd storm out of the news as much as possible, decrying it as merely a strange storm front), it has been agreed to attempt an expedition using an experimental submarine designed for deep ocean dives. The U.N. has assembled a team of noteworthy individuals (scientists, spies, scholars, historians, soldiers, etc…) to brave the mission and discover the how, why, and what of this place.

Are you one such individual?

————

The game will start with your characters being brought together for a mission briefing by the U.N. regarding the mysterious island (they’ll first meet each other on the helicopter bringing you to the base where the briefing will be held). Up to this point, you won’t have heard of anything other than the strange weather pattern as the islands’ existence is top secret. If there are any questions, please feel free to ask. I’m amenable to most things.

Hope to see you all on Hy-Brasil!
    Last edited by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade; 06-18-2021 at 06:03 PM.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Character Creation Sheet:

Name: (your designation)

Height/Weight: (general info)

Appearance: (what you look like)

Nationality: (where they hail from)

Occupation: (your job. Anything is allowable here/ soldier, teacher, doctor, scientist, etc……)

Skills: (five skills you are uncommonly good at)

Languages: (any languages you can speak/understand)

History: (anything relevant to the character’s past and why they might be here now)

Other: (anything special or different about your character)

Items: (anything they generally have on them, either casually or on the job: weapons, phones, etc…..)
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

A mysterious storefront has arisen off the west coast of Ireland/England. A hurricane like storm that has persisted strangely for two weeks, never moving from the spot. Any attempts to breach it have failed to this point, and satellite imaging has only gotten one clear image so far, and it is this image that drives the following mission forward: A strange landmass sits in the middle of this storm, one not seen on nautical maps for hundreds of years. After much deliberation (and keeping the odd storm out of the news as much as possible, decrying it as merely a strange storm front), it has been agreed to attempt an expedition using an experimental submarine designed for deep ocean dives. The U.N. has assembled a team of noteworthy individuals (scientists, spies, scholars, historians, soldiers, etc…) to brave the mission and discover the how, why, and what of this place.
    It took me a few minutes to realize you meant Stormfront.

I'll think on it.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Name: Hiroshi Yamauchi II aka Hiro, aka Agent Nuru aka Sasaki Kojiro II , aka Musashi Kiryu.

Height: 5'2"

Weight: 150 pounds

Appearance

Nationality: Japan

Occupation: Video Game Designer / PSIA Agent / Linguist ( uncovered job)

Skills: gaming, swordsmanship, archery, karate, espionage

Languages: Japanese, Chinese, Korean, Thai, Russian, Irish, English

History: Hiro's parents died when he was just an infant. He grew up with his supposed grandparents. he lived as the great-grandson of Hiroshi Yamauchi in Tokyo. playing video games, and learning swordsmanship, Archey, and Karate. Hiro also discovered one day he could speak in flute Chinese, Korean, Thai, Russian, Irish, English, Even though he doesn't remember being thought those languages.

Growing up Hiro, always wonder about the birthmark on his neck that looked like a barcode. He became a video game designer at the age of 23, and he still wonders about his birthmark. Hiro's life takes a twist when one day he gets a call from the PSIA telling him that he Agent Nuru will be awakened soon and that he will be going on an important mission and that he will be going undercover as a Linguist name Musashi Kiryu.

That the documents, paperwork, records of him being Musashi Kiryu have been filled out for him to presume the identity.

Other: Ubknowest to Hiro, he is secretly a sleeper agent and not actually the great-grandson of Hiroshi Yamauchi . a sleeper agent for the Public Security Intelligence Agency of Japan. His real history is that as a child Hiro was trained in espionage by the PSIA, and made a sleeper agent, and place into the care of Hiroshi Yamauchi's granddaughter Kimi Yamauchi, and her husband Shikanojo, when he was sixteen with false memories implanted in him.

all his memories of growing up in Tokyo mostly all lies. He's only living in Tokyo since he was sixteen. Even Hiroshi Yamauchi II isn't his actual name, that's made up by his implanted memories. his actual name Sasaki Kojiro and that he's the descendent of Saskai Kojiro is only known by the PSIA. In His code phase is Terranigma Trigger.

All of the records of Hiro's actual past before he sixteen are not in public records. They are kept in The PSIA's Top secret confidential records. So as far as the public is concern a man name Sasaki Kojiro II doesn't exist. Hiro's purpose as a sleeper agent was originally to gather evidence of the rumors of some workers at the popular multinational consumer electronics and video game company Nintendo being secretly a part of a doomsday cult known as Aleph
    However, that investigation never came to pass as the rumors proved to be false.

Items: the latest Nintendo handle, pens, notebook, Bow and arrows, Katana, cellphone, and Chun-Li
    Waifu pillow.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 06-20-2021 at 02:47 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Character Creation Sheet:

Name: Lucas Dillon, PhD

Height/Weight: (general info)

Appearance: 6'2", Reddish-brown hair, green eyes, fair skin.

Lucas Dillon 2.jpg

Nationality: Irish [Republic of Ireland]

Occupation: Meteorologist, Profesor of Meteorological and Atmospheric Studies, University College Dublin.

Skills: (five skills you are uncommonly good at)

Languages: Irish, English

History: (anything relevant to the character’s past and why they might be here now)

Other: (anything special or different about your character)

Items: (anything they generally have on them, either casually or on the job: weapons, phones, etc…..)

I'll finish this up later. Just need more time to think about it.
    Last edited by Tami; 06-19-2021 at 07:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Name: Hiroshi Yamauchi II aka Hiro.

Height: 5'2"

Weight: 150 pounds

Appearance

Nationality: Japan

Skills: gaming, swordsmanship, archery, karate, dancing

Languages: Japanese, Chinese, Korean, Thai, Russian, Irish, Scottish, English ( both America and British), and Swedish.

History: Hiro's parents died when he was just an infant. He grew up with his supposed grandparents. he lived as the great-grandson of Hiroshi Yamauchi. Played video games, learn how to speak different languages. He even learned swordsmanship, Archey, Karate, and dancing.

Growing up Hiro, always wonder about the birthmark on his neck that looked like a barcode. He became a video game designer at the age of 23, and he still wonders about his birthmark.

Other: Ubknowest to Hiro, he is secretly a nanotech biosynthetic android, one of the first of his kind, and not actually the great-grandson of Hiroshi Yamauchi II. an android created by the Japanese government as a military weapon that was stolen.

Items: the latest Nintendo handle, pens, notebook, Bow and arrows, Katana, cellphone, hidden weapons inside his body that he's not aware of ( chargeable arm cannon, finger cannons, and photon mouth cannon), Chun-Li
    Waifu pillow.
    A bit too high tech. No androids please. And there would have to be a reason why a video game designer was brought on.
    Last edited by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade; 06-19-2021 at 07:14 AM.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    A bit too high tech. No androids please. And there would have to be a reason why a video game designer was brought on.
    change him from android to secretly being a sleeper agent like Jason Bourne
    My Forum check it out

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    change him from android to secretly being a sleeper agent like Jason Bourne
    In other words, he's a spy. That could be interesting. But, like Cleric said, how do you explain having a Video Game Designer on a scientific expedition?
    Last edited by Tami; 06-19-2021 at 02:19 PM.

Name: Selma "Funny" Valentine

Height/Weight: 5'6/112 lbs

Appearance:

Nationality: United States of America

Skills: Marksmanship with the Pistol and Rifle, Hand-to-Hand Combat, Stealth, Singing

Languages: English, Spanish

History: Selma Valentine was born in 2004 to Richard and Alice Valentine, the eldest of 3 daughters. A good student in school, she always had a desire to join the US Military, training herself both mentally and physically to pass the tests that would stand in the way of her dream. A dream she went after when she turned 18, enlisting into the United States Marine Corps. Going through boot camp, she was managed to overcome the hurdles that the training put before her to graduate, becoming a private. But Selma knew that she couldn't rest on her laurels just because she was a private, and did her best to be an exemplary marine. This dedication allowed her rise through the ranks, and by the time she was 28 she'd not only reached the rank of Sergeant, but her commanding officer had given her the opportunity to join special mission that she would only learn the details of if she accepted. Which she did without a second thought.

Other:
    - Selma has 3 tattoos: the letters USMC tattooed on her left bicep and the United States Marine Corp logo above the words "Semper Fi" on her back between her shoulderblades.
    - Selma got the nickname from a friend who was a major fan of the JoJo's Bizarre Adventure manga series. They'd started calling her "Funny" one day after they'd read the Steel Ball Run section of the manga due to her last name, and it just stuck.
    - A friendly and outgoing person, Selma is quick to try to befriend those around her. She is also a very protective individual, who will get physical if necessary to defend those in need.
    - Her phone ringtone is United States Marine Corps Hymn

Items: Smartphone, Marine dog tags, Ka-Bar utility knife, Sig Sauer M18 Handgun, M27 Infantry Automatic Rifle
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    In other words, he's a spy. That could be interesting. But, like Cleric said, how do you explain having a Video Game Designer on a scientific expedition?
    edit Hiro's history in his bio to state that his life takes a twist when one day he gets a call from the PSIA telling him that he Agent Nuru will be awakened soon and that he will be going on an important mission.
    My Forum check it out

I would say trim the languages down a bit (by like two), but seems fine Bruce.

Dog, Tami, looks good so far.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Thanks.

And I'm wondering why Bruce has both "American and British" English. They're the same language, barring a few terms and some slang. But that's true even within each country depending on what region you go to.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Thanks. Still struggling over the rest of the bio, trying to decide where on the boring<--------->dramatic scale to place him. I found a website that allowed me to make his image. I've been dabbling in Geneology on Ancestory.com and that is what inspired the name and location. Apparently, that is the name of my 13th great-grandfather, and I kind of liked how it sounded.

Trim Hori's languages down by 2 removed Scottish and Swedish.
    My Forum check it out

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Thanks.

And I'm wondering why Bruce has both "American and British" English. They're the same language, barring a few terms and some slang. But that's true even within each country depending on what region you go to.
    and a few different spelling of words like color vs colour and ax vs axe.
    My Forum check it out