7 3.78%
  • Magik

4 2.16%
  • Dazzler

3 1.62%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    That's reductive. Laura is very much her own distinct character, that contrasts greatly with Logans (At least when being written competently.).
    He's fire, she's ice; he's a samurai, she's a ninja; he's berserker, she's surgical and precise.
    Though, it would be disingenuous to not acknowledge a modicum of coat tail riding.
    I get when you dig into the character's background she has her own personality but again she is a derivative of the most post character who even took the mantle "the wolverine" and still has it if I'm not mistaken. it's the same for supergirl and Batgirl, it is not meant to be reductive but point to the fact she isn't unique in a way that would make her stand out or a part in a meaningful manner.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    It might have initially attracted interest, but a character does not retain popularity simply by being a copy; those are the ones that fade into obscurity and disappear.
    She had her own ongoing and 2 mini series before adopting the title, and has had very little to do with Logan in her 16 years in the comics.
    Exactly this. A character doesn’t establish themselves well enough to hold down solo books if all they have going for them is a connection to an established character.

Although, all are great choices on this list, but hands down Storm period.

No other x-men stands out more than her than Wolverine.
    Favorite Characters: Wolfsbane, Storm, Psylcoke, Beast, Feral, Tempo, Nightcrawler, Quicksilver

Favorite Titles: X-Men Red, Legion of X, Marauders, Hellions

Taking into account the OP (best objective guess, not one's favorite character), it's Jean Grey, no contest.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    hello and thank you. x-23 popularity literally is due to her being a Wolverine derivative. she's literally his clone, there's nothing in that to brag or boast about when you take the xmen most popular character and then make a female version of him. I mean what do you expect? Popular yes, stand out hardly as the lack of originality respective to x-23 makes it extremely difficult to support her being a standout character.
    Well, she started out a minor character created for a cartoon (a criminally forgotten cartoon, too, I might add), and was not only incorporated into the comics, but keeps getting her own series and is arguably the last new character added to the franchise with a decent level of staying power. She was also one of the breakout characters of the movies, however we may factor that in. You could fairly argue that other characters have more name recognition and/or more importance to the franchise as a whole (e.g., Jean Grey above), but this is a standout character, if nothing else given the improbable origins and that we're still talking about her. Harley Quinn characters are pretty rare.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Taking into account the OP (best objective guess, not one's favorite character), it's Jean Grey, no contest.

Well, she started out a minor character created for a cartoon (a criminally forgotten cartoon, too, I might add), and was not only incorporated into the comics, but keeps getting her own series and is arguably the last new character added to the franchise with a decent level of staying power. She was also one of the breakout characters of the movies, however we may factor that in. You could fairly argue that other characters have more name recognition and/or more importance to the franchise as a whole (e.g., Jean Grey above), but this is a standout character, if nothing else given the improbable origins and that we're still talking about her. Harley Quinn characters are pretty rare.
    The funny thing is, Kitty and Jubilee began their comics lives even MORE Wolverine-adjacent than X herself did, as they both really got their starts as his sidekicks and developed from there. However even if Laura shared his power set, it's really not until recently that writers have tried to do something truly meaningful with that relationship. She had largely been left to do her own thing, and didn't have many significant interactions with Logan until X-Force.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post

Is she not a derivative of Wolverine, was she not introduced as such? Does she not go by his moniker currently? Wasn't she in Logan - the movie you mentioned she was a breakout character in - because she was his derivative? Using derivatives of popular male characters in the world of comics isn't a novel concept; its pretty common and even expected hence why characters such as aqualad, Robin, super girl, Batgirl, wonder girl, spiderwoman, she-hulk, etc., are well received by the fandom and continue to thrive. x-23 is no different.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 06-19-2021 at 11:42 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Is she not a derivative of Wolverine, was she not introduced as such? Does she not go by his moniker currently? Wasn't she in Logan - the movie you mentioned she was a breakiut character in - because she was his derivative? Derivatives of popular male characters in the world of comics isn't a novel concept; its pretty common and even expected hence why characters such as superglue, Batgirl, wonder girl, spiderwoman, she-hulk, etc., are well received by the fandom.
    Off topic, but I chuckled at superglue. Lol
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Off topic, but I chuckled at superglue. Lol
    auto correct is NOT my friend lol

Rogue 😍😍😍😍

Rogue> jean> emma>storm>Kitty>psylocke

BANNED

For those giving me a hard time because I left out Laura, it was sort of on purpose. Laure to me is still quite new, and also she is a kid. I will always see her as a kid. Kitty and Jubilee were teenagers to me, maybe 16-19. Laura to me is 11-13 years old.

Additionally I wish I could have put many more characters. Domino, Magma, Blink, Stepford Cuckoos, Rachel Summers, Danielle Moonstar, Husk, Sage.

Let's all just be happy that X-MEN just had a wonderful list of awesome female characters.

BANNED

If I had know in hindsight, I would have exempted Storm from the poll. Storm is maybe the one female character in X-Men that seems to have a higher above everyone factor without needing a Phoenix Force like Jean.

Storm has never appeared as a standard human-mutant like the rest. Storm has always felt like a demi god-mutant. Storm is what you call a naturally exalted character.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    For those giving me a hard time because I left out Laura, it was sort of on purpose. Laure to me is still quite new, and also she is a kid. I will always see her as a kid. Kitty and Jubilee were teenagers to me, maybe 16-19. Laura to me is 11-13 years old.
    She's 20. Possibly even 21. Hell, she was two years OLDER than Kitty was in their respective first appearances (Kitty was 13 when she first appeared, Laura was 15). And she's been in the books for 17 years now. So she's not a kid and frankly isn't even that new. She just wasn't created or her character profoundly influenced by Lord Claremont (while he DID write her, those early Uncanny X-Men issues have been largely retconned out. And frankly did her characterization no favors).

Is she not a derivative of Wolverine, was she not introduced as such? Does she not go by his moniker currently? Wasn't she in Logan - the movie you mentioned she was a breakout character in - because she was his derivative? Using derivatives of popular male characters in the world of comics isn't a novel concept; its pretty common and even expected hence why characters such as aqualad, Robin, super girl, Batgirl, wonder girl, spiderwoman, she-hulk, etc., are well received by the fandom and continue to thrive. x-23 is no different.
    If true, how does that change anything?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

Wild Thing stand out...

..to be featured in Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness perhaps?