Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Armwrestling: Thor Odinson vs Carol Danvers

mcu versions for both characters here
    whatever Scientists tells us what they believes are the only things that exists in Reality(our world), they treats what US government and mainstream news media said about things like 9/11, CO2 Emissions, and so on as their gospel

https://lnk.bio/Masonicon

calling Real Life Martial Artists that can break walls "Comic Book Peak Human" is like calling Pre-new52!Cassandra Cain "Shounen Manga character"

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Carol, by a not-small degree. She's clearly much stronger than Thanos, Thor is not. Like, she could basically do the "OK, you can start now" trick that you do to your small girlfriend or child.

In the comics, obviously, this is reversed, but MCU is what the OP says.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

There is literally no point in the entire MCU that Thor outmuscles Thanos in any way (that includes "peak" post-Ragnarok Thor, who got his ass handed to him, as well as fat Thor in Endgame), and conversely, literally no point in the entire MCU that Thanos outmuscles Carol. The outcome is quite clear.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

I'm just imagining Thor using his free hand to "accidentally" lean Mjolnir on Carol's wrist just as the match starts.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    I'm just imagining Thor using his free hand to "accidentally" lean Mjolnir on Carol's wrist just as the match starts.
    That would be amazing.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by Twickster View Post
    There is literally no point in the entire MCU that Thor outmuscles Thanos in any way (that includes "peak" post-Ragnarok Thor, who got his ass handed to him, as well as fat Thor in Endgame), and conversely, literally no point in the entire MCU that Thanos outmuscles Carol. The outcome is quite clear.
    Not yet
    xn4ish55jq271.jpg

This. Thanos clearly outmuscles the Hulk who, in turn, it is implied is stronger than Thor in sheer physical strength though there is no proof of that other than that. Meanwhile, Carol Danvers seems to match Thanos in strength when they grapple.
    Power with Girl is better.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    This. Thanos clearly outmuscles the Hulk who, in turn, it is implied is stronger than Thor in sheer physical strength though there is no proof of that other than that. Meanwhile, Carol Danvers seems to match Thanos in strength when they grapple.
    I'd say she does more than match him. She's overpowering him and no selling his headbutts at the end. He does knock her around with his first couple punches but once she anchors herself he was pretty much helpless, needing to rip out the power gem for a punch to knock her back.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    I'd say she does more than match him. She's overpowering him and no selling his headbutts at the end. He does knock her around with his first couple punches but once she anchors herself he was pretty much helpless, needing to rip out the power gem for a punch to knock her back.
    Of course he knocks her around, she's a 120lb woman. It speaks nothing of her strength advantage over him whatsoever.

Yeah Carol is the only character I can think of that is actually stronger than Thanos.
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Cronus View Post
    Yeah Carol is the only character I can think of that is actually stronger than Thanos.
    Some candidates *might* be Hela and Kurse. Both have feats of no-selling Mjolnir hax on strength alone, something Hulk has demonstrably failed against. Both never faced Thanos though.

Some candidates *might* be Hela and Kurse. Both have feats of no-selling Mjolnir hax on strength alone, something Hulk has demonstrably failed against. Both never faced Thanos though.
    Oh good grief. How could I forget those two. Of course there's Surtur...
    Last edited by Cronus; 06-21-2021 at 09:49 PM.
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Cronus View Post
    Oh good grief. How could I forget those two. Of course there's Surtur...
    Arguably Ego as well.

And I’ve no idea where to place Endgame (Gi)Ant-Man. The guy looked notably stronger than Hulk by the end, IIRC (although I’ve only watched it once).

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Dormammu is *probably* up there as well, but who knows how much of his cosmic power can be translated to pure physical strength.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Dormammu is *probably* up there as well, but who knows how much of his cosmic power can be translated to pure physical strength.
    Comic book Furnace Face would be offended that you dare doubt his supremacy.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate