Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BANNED

Default Men accused in the Me-Too movement that deserve Forgiveness???

I know this may be a controversial topic and I do agree that some men who have been accused and the women vindicated should perhaps never work again.

However with Kevin Spacy now getting work again as an actor in the industry. it feels as if some men would be consider for a second chance.

Which of the men accused do you think deserves a second chance. for me, it does depend. I think maybe the men who only harassed women should be considered for a second chance if they have greatly apologise and have shown remorse. including willing to change and maybe even paying those women compensation.

However, the men who are been accused of crimes like rape or sexual assault , should not be given a second chance, they wont even need one from tv- film-music fans because they should be in jail anyway.

three-time juror The Gold Stream's Avatar

i dont know anyone that completely quit working without any evidence, seems like all the big cases (weinstein/cosby) were pretty justified

wild spacey got work though i thought he was confirmed chomo since kid was 14

edit: i remember aziz ansari and chris hardwick caught some heat but they resumed work, i guess those would have been second chances. maybe accusations were inconclusive
    Last edited by The Gold Stream; 06-19-2021 at 06:30 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Gold Stream View Post
    i dont know anyone that completely quit working without any evidence, seems like all the big cases (weinstein/cosby) were pretty justified

Woody Allen is struggling to find work now, although he better just retire since he is in his mid 80s.

Ultimate Member

How exactly do any of these guys deserve forgiveness?

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    How exactly do any of these guys deserve forgiveness?
    Seriously...

It is going to need to be a pretty solid case for "Why?..." on a "Case By Case..." basis.

BANNED

edit: i remember aziz ansari and chris hardwick caught some heat but they resumed work, i guess those would have been second chances. maybe accusations were inconclusive
    I feel people like Joss Whedon are finished in the business. For Joss, it is sad because men like him I would have considered given him a second chance, but it feels as if Whedon has had a Patten of this behaviour for at least 2 decades, it was not a one time thing, also he seems to have shown no public remorse for his actions. Which makes it harder to forgive

three-time juror The Gold Stream's Avatar

i dont really know whedon's deal, are his accusations of a sexual/metoo nature? the wiki reads like it's more people just fed up with his power abusing

havent kept up with all that since i dont really watch the DCU

Ultimate Member

i dont really know whedon's deal, are his accusations of a sexual/metoo nature? the wiki reads like it's more people just fed up with his power abusing

That's what I heard. He was abusive and questionably portrayed female characters but I didn't hear anything of a sexually inappropriate nature.

Still, I think he's done with big budget movies

Astonishing Member

I don't think there was any sexual accusations there. Its just seems like he was a really rough guy to work for. But I don't know how unique that is in that business. I have been on some of those sets and there isn't a lot of PC stuff going on. Time is money. They don't mess around.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    I don't think there was any sexual accusations there. Its just seems like he was a really rough guy to work for. But I don't know how unique that is in that business. I have been on some of those sets and there isn't a lot of PC stuff going on. Time is money. They don't mess around.
    Didn't he threaten several of the cast members?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    No there was no sexual accusation but from everything I have read, I feel Whedon was just a cruel and toxic person, who belittled actors. if what Carpenter said is true that he mocked her weight when she was pregnant and still was around 120 pounds,which by the way I still see as a slim figure...a woman that weighs 120 pounds ain't fat to me and asked about her pregnancy, if she would have the baby and then mocked her faith because she got a tattoo that help heal her. all that sums up a person who is cruel, which by the way is disgusting behaviour. it is also bullying and I hate bullies.
    Last edited by Castle; 06-19-2021 at 12:50 PM.

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    I know this may be a controversial topic and I do agree that some men who have been accused and the women vindicated should perhaps never work again.

However with Kevin Spacy now getting work again as an actor in the industry. it feels as if some men would be consider for a second chance.

Which of the men accused do you think deserves a second chance. for me, it does depend. I think maybe the men who only harassed women should be considered for a second chance if they have greatly apologise and have shown remorse. including willing to change and maybe even paying those women compensation.

However, the men who are been accused of crimes like rape or sexual assault , should not be given a second chance, they wont even need one from tv- film-music fans because they should be in jail anyway.
    Kevin Spacey should absolutely be in the back of the line of actors that deserve forgiveness. He raped and drugged a kid.

Even with the Me Too movement exploding like it did, it seems like whether or not a celebrity suffers repercussions for their sexual misconduct is completely by chance. Everyone knows about the allegations against Michael Jackson, but how many people know about the vile things David Bowie or Don Henley did out in the open?

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Ummm....

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post
    Kevin Spacey should absolutely be in the back of the line of actors that deserve forgiveness. He raped and drugged a kid.
    I guess... he can be seen as like Polanski but Polanski got to win an award even after what happened. There is also Asia Argento and there are bits that leads me to believe she may deserve forgiveness. Another "child predator."
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 06-20-2021 at 12:08 AM.

Whether or not they should be forgiven is something their victims should decide not us.

I don't think Kevin Spacey should be forgiven, but I do think he's owed an apology by the people behind House of Cards.
    MAGNETO was right,TONY was right, VARYS was right.

Proud member of House Ravenclaw and loyal bannerman to House Baratheon

"I am an optimist even though I am told everything I do is negative and cynical" --Armando Iannucci