Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 103
  1. #1
    Astonishing Member Castle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    2,298

    Default Men accused in the Me-Too movement that deserve Forgiveness???

    I know this may be a controversial topic and I do agree that some men who have been accused and the women vindicated should perhaps never work again.

    However with Kevin Spacy now getting work again as an actor in the industry. it feels as if some men would be consider for a second chance.

    Which of the men accused do you think deserves a second chance. for me, it does depend. I think maybe the men who only harassed women should be considered for a second chance if they have greatly apologise and have shown remorse. including willing to change and maybe even paying those women compensation.

    However, the men who are been accused of crimes like rape or sexual assault , should not be given a second chance, they wont even need one from tv- film-music fans because they should be in jail anyway.

  2. #2
    *🅱️𝓤𝓢𝓢𝓘𝓝* The Gold Stream's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    298

    Default

    i dont know anyone that completely quit working without any evidence, seems like all the big cases (weinstein/cosby) were pretty justified

    wild spacey got work though i thought he was confirmed chomo since kid was 14

    edit: i remember aziz ansari and chris hardwick caught some heat but they resumed work, i guess those would have been second chances. maybe accusations were inconclusive
    Last edited by The Gold Stream; 06-19-2021 at 06:30 AM.

  3. #3
    Astonishing Member Castle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    2,298

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Gold Stream View Post
    i dont know anyone that completely quit working without any evidence, seems like all the big cases (weinstein/cosby) were pretty justified

    wild spacey got work though i thought he was confirmed chomo since kid was 14
    Woody Allen is struggling to find work now, although he better just retire since he is in his mid 80s.

  4. #4
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    8,884

    Default

    How exactly do any of these guys deserve forgiveness?

  5. #5
    Astonishing Member Castle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    2,298

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Gold Stream View Post
    i dont know anyone that completely quit working without any evidence, seems like all the big cases (weinstein/cosby) were pretty justified

    wild spacey got work though i thought he was confirmed chomo since kid was 14

    edit: i remember aziz ansari and chris hardwick caught some heat but they resumed work, i guess those would have been second chances. maybe accusations were inconclusive
    I feel people like Joss Whedon are finished in the business. For Joss, it is sad because men like him I would have considered given him a second chance, but it feels as if Whedon has had a Patten of this behaviour for at least 2 decades, it was not a one time thing, also he seems to have shown no public remorse for his actions. Which makes it harder to forgive

  6. #6
    *🅱️𝓤𝓢𝓢𝓘𝓝* The Gold Stream's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    298

    Default

    i dont really know whedon's deal, are his accusations of a sexual/metoo nature? the wiki reads like it's more people just fed up with his power abusing

    havent kept up with all that since i dont really watch the DCU

  7. #7
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    8,884

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Gold Stream View Post
    i dont really know whedon's deal, are his accusations of a sexual/metoo nature? the wiki reads like it's more people just fed up with his power abusing

    havent kept up with all that since i dont really watch the DCU
    That's what I heard. He was abusive and questionably portrayed female characters but I didn't hear anything of a sexually inappropriate nature.

    Still, I think he's done with big budget movies

  8. #8
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,680

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Gold Stream View Post
    i dont really know whedon's deal, are his accusations of a sexual/metoo nature? the wiki reads like it's more people just fed up with his power abusing

    havent kept up with all that since i dont really watch the DCU
    I don't think there was any sexual accusations there. Its just seems like he was a really rough guy to work for. But I don't know how unique that is in that business. I have been on some of those sets and there isn't a lot of PC stuff going on. Time is money. They don't mess around.

  9. #9
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    8,884

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    I don't think there was any sexual accusations there. Its just seems like he was a really rough guy to work for. But I don't know how unique that is in that business. I have been on some of those sets and there isn't a lot of PC stuff going on. Time is money. They don't mess around.
    Didn't he threaten several of the cast members?

  10. #10
    Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,794

    Default

    It is weird with Whedon because some actors love the guy to death and worked with him multiple times. Others talk about him like he is the worst boss they ever had. Is it the actors or is it Whedon? It is hard to say.

  11. #11
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    8,884

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    It is weird with Whedon because some actors love the guy to death and worked with him multiple times. Others talk about him like he is the worst boss they ever had. Is it the actors or is it Whedon? It is hard to say.
    After everything I've read about this guy, I think it's Whedon. I don't recall anyone coming to his defense after all this came out. Either people supported the accusers, or stayed silent, like most of the Avengers cast

  12. #12
    Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    4,635

    Default

    Ray Fisher, as far as I can tell, decided he wanted to co-direct the movie (or his character, at least) and when told no, considered that "abusive." Which unfortunately is par for the course nowadays.

    His behavior toward Charisma Carpenter, and incidents mentioned by James Marsters and Gal Gadot seem to indicate that Whedon can be a real dick if you get on his bad side (or if he puts you on his bad side). But he is clearly not like that all the time or to everyone. He does seem to hold Zack Snyder, and DC movies in general, pretty much in contempt and so shouldn't work on any. If being a dick gets you cancelled though, we also have to cancel Hitchcock, Kubrick, Von Stroheim, Bernardo Bertolucci, David O. Russell. Quentin Tarantino supposedly spat on Uma Thurman while filming Kill Bill.

    But the one I think should come back is Warren Ellis. He sounds like kind of an alley cat, but these were grown-ass women with working vocal cords capable of saying "no," and I don't see any evidence he ever tried to force himself on anyone. He was just a writer, not a publisher or even editor, so it's not like he could Harvey Weinstein anybody. He may have given the impression he would help some women's careers and then ghosted when they wouldn't put out, but that makes him a selfish bastard and a fake friend. Adults need to be able to deal with people like that, honestly. His accusers say they aren't trying to wreck his career, but that's kind of disingenuous given today's climate.

    As for me, none of these men need my forgiveness... I'm not the wronged party. And I'm going to go right on watching and reading the things that give me a little bit of pleasure amid the horrorshow this world has become.

  13. #13
    Extraordinary Member Jackalope89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    7,821

    Default

    Johnny Depp was falsely accused by Amber Heard. And later evidence showed that it was Heard that was actually quite abusive (verbally, emotionally, and physically).

  14. #14
    Invincible Member numberthirty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    21,262

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    How exactly do any of these guys deserve forgiveness?
    Seriously...

    It is going to need to be a pretty solid case for "Why?..." on a "Case By Case..." basis.

  15. #15
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    8,884

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    Ray Fisher, as far as I can tell, decided he wanted to co-direct the movie (or his character, at least) and when told no, considered that "abusive." Which unfortunately is par for the course nowadays.

    His behavior toward Charisma Carpenter, and incidents mentioned by James Marsters and Gal Gadot seem to indicate that Whedon can be a real dick if you get on his bad side (or if he puts you on his bad side). But he is clearly not like that all the time or to everyone. He does seem to hold Zack Snyder, and DC movies in general, pretty much in contempt and so shouldn't work on any. If being a dick gets you cancelled though, we also have to cancel Hitchcock, Kubrick, Von Stroheim, Bernardo Bertolucci, David O. Russell. Quentin Tarantino supposedly spat on Uma Thurman while filming Kill Bill.

    But the one I think should come back is Warren Ellis. He sounds like kind of an alley cat, but these were grown-ass women with working vocal cords capable of saying "no," and I don't see any evidence he ever tried to force himself on anyone. He was just a writer, not a publisher or even editor, so it's not like he could Harvey Weinstein anybody. He may have given the impression he would help some women's careers and then ghosted when they wouldn't put out, but that makes him a selfish bastard and a fake friend. Adults need to be able to deal with people like that, honestly. His accusers say they aren't trying to wreck his career, but that's kind of disingenuous given today's climate.

    As for me, none of these men need my forgiveness... I'm not the wronged party. And I'm going to go right on watching and reading the things that give me a little bit of pleasure amid the horrorshow this world has become.
    You say adults need to be adults, but shouldn't that also apply to filmmakers and not just actors?

    Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Seriously...

    It is going to need to be a pretty solid case for "Why?..." on a "Case By Case..." basis.
    They already have people online defending them anyway. It's not like they died or in most cases went to prison.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •