Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Astonishing Member CellarDweller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    His poor treatment of Carpenter had been an open secret for years in the fandom though, and it's the main red flag that Joss "Feminist" Whedon didn't practice what he preached. Gellar not associating with him ever since the show should also have been a telling sign, and the small support for Carpenter that she offered still spoke volumes. Gellar at one point got a reputation as "being difficult to work with," but that is often code for "a woman who won't put up with abuse from male superiors." The other Buffyverse lead, Boreanaz, doesn't seem to have any love for him either, and is still friendly with Gellar and Carpenter.

It actually goes beyond Carpenter, Gellar, and Boreanaz. Julie Benz (Darla), Amber Benson (Tara), Emma Caulfield (Anya), Michelle Trachtenberg (Dawn), Eliza Dushku (Faith), Clare Kramer (Glory), Nicholas Brendon (Xander) and James Marsters (Spike) have all issued statements of support for Charisma. If you have this much of the cast coming out against you (imo), your behavior is really scummy and I don't think forgiveness should be given so easily.

Not to say that you feel Joss should be easily forgiven, I'm just piggy-backing my reply off of your post.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    No there was no sexual accusation but from everything I have read, I feel Whedon was just a cruel and toxic person, who belittled actors. if what Carpenter said is true that he mocked her weight when she was pregnant and still was around 120 pounds,which by the way I still see as a slim figure...a woman that weighs 120 pounds ain't fat to me and asked about her pregnancy, if she would have the baby and then mocked her faith because she got a tattoo that help heal her. all that sums up a person who is cruel, which by the way is disgusting behaviour. it is also bullying and I hate bullies.
    It depends on what you mean by no sexual accusation. Yes, no one has come forward and explicitly said: "Joss sexually assaulted me", however Michelle Tratchenberg posted this on Twitter in response to the conversation on Joss' behavior.

“Thank you @sarahmgellar for saying this. I am brave enough now as a 35 year old woman….To repost this. Because. This must. Be known. As a teenager. With his not appropriate behavior….very. Not. Appropriate.” “There was a rule, saying [Whedon] is not allowed in a room alone with Michelle again,”

Trachtenberg wrote, adding she would not be commenting further on the matter.

Yes, his behavior with everyone was inappropriate. However, if it was a matter of generally mistreating people verbally, why would it matter if he was alone with Michelle Tratchenberg? She was only 14 when she was on Buffy, and the fact that this 'rule' was put in place, leads me to believe that there was other stuff going on, or attempted.
    Last edited by CellarDweller; 06-19-2021 at 05:29 PM.

Warren Ellis. Marvel Comics can get him for cheap and they need good writers.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

**** 'em all and hope none come back.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    I know this may be a controversial topic and I do agree that some men who have been accused and the women vindicated should perhaps never work again.

However with Kevin Spacy now getting work again as an actor in the industry. it feels as if some men would be consider for a second chance.

Which of the men accused do you think deserves a second chance. for me, it does depend. I think maybe the men who only harassed women should be considered for a second chance if they have greatly apologise and have shown remorse. including willing to change and maybe even paying those women compensation.

However, the men who are been accused of crimes like rape or sexual assault , should not be given a second chance, they wont even need one from tv- film-music fans because they should be in jail anyway.
    Kevin Spacey should absolutely be in the back of the line of actors that deserve forgiveness. He raped and drugged a kid.

Even with the Me Too movement exploding like it did, it seems like whether or not a celebrity suffers repercussions for their sexual misconduct is completely by chance. Everyone knows about the allegations against Michael Jackson, but how many people know about the vile things David Bowie or Don Henley did out in the open?

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Ummm....

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post
    Kevin Spacey should absolutely be in the back of the line of actors that deserve forgiveness. He raped and drugged a kid.
    I guess... he can be seen as like Polanski but Polanski got to win an award even after what happened. There is also Asia Argento and there are bits that leads me to believe she may deserve forgiveness. Another "child predator."
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 06-20-2021 at 12:08 AM.

Whether or not they should be forgiven is something their victims should decide not us.

I don't think Kevin Spacey should be forgiven, but I do think he's owed an apology by the people behind House of Cards.
    MAGNETO was right,TONY was right, VARYS was right.

Proud member of House Ravenclaw and loyal bannerman to House Baratheon

"I am an optimist even though I am told everything I do is negative and cynical" --Armando Iannucci

Ultimate Member

[
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Whether or not they should be forgiven is something their victims should decide not us.
    Yeah, that's probably the best way to approach it

Quote Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
    I don't think Kevin Spacey should be forgiven, but I do think he's owed an apology by the people behind House of Cards.
    Why?

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Ummm....

I guess... he can be seen as like Polanski but Polanski got to win an award even after what happened. There is also Asia Argento and there are bits that leads me to believe she may deserve forgiveness. Another "child predator."
    Well then here is the question:

If Polanski had done what he did today, after Me Too, would he have still gone on to win awards? Or would he have become a pariah and been banished from Hollywood?

Quote Originally Posted by CellarDweller View Post
    Yes, his behavior with everyone was inappropriate. However, if it was a matter of generally mistreating people verbally, why would it matter if he was alone with Michelle Tratchenberg? She was only 14 when she was on Buffy, and the fact that this 'rule' was put in place, leads me to believe that there was other stuff going on, or attempted.
    You don’t see why a grown man yelling at a teenager he has a privileged position over in private location where she can’t leave and has no backup is a problem unless it’s sexual?

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Why?
    That was sarcasm. While the show was right to drop him, and had all the ingredients to close out the series successfully without him...it didn't. The hot mess that was House of Cards's final season caused many to believe the show just couldn't work without Spacey, which is probably not the message Netflix and the people involved with the show wanted to send.
    MAGNETO was right,TONY was right, VARYS was right.

Proud member of House Ravenclaw and loyal bannerman to House Baratheon

"I am an optimist even though I am told everything I do is negative and cynical" --Armando Iannucci

Should come back? None of them

Will come back? The ones with talent. Hollywood will forgive a whole hell of a lot if you make them money

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

None of these men hurt me personally so I'm not in a position to give forgiveness. That's for their victims. Whoever, I think they still should make a living.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    None of these men hurt me personally so I'm not in a position to give forgiveness. That's for their victims. Whoever, I think they still should make a living.
    There are plenty of ways to make a living that don’t involve either acting or directing

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
    That was sarcasm. While the show was right to drop him, and had all the ingredients to close out the series successfully without him...it didn't. The hot mess that was House of Cards's final season caused many to believe the show just couldn't work without Spacey, which is probably not the message Netflix and the people involved with the show wanted to send.
    Ok. I never caught the last season after the whole scandal