Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    Should come back? None of them

Will come back? The ones with talent. Hollywood will forgive a whole hell of a lot if you make them money
    Or those with connections. Or with fanbases who might forgive them and ignore their wrongdoings

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CellarDweller View Post
    It actually goes beyond Carpenter, Gellar, and Boreanaz. Julie Benz (Darla), Amber Benson (Tara), Emma Caulfield (Anya), Michelle Trachtenberg (Dawn), Eliza Dushku (Faith), Clare Kramer (Glory), Nicholas Brendon (Xander) and James Marsters (Spike) have all issued statements of support for Charisma. If you have this much of the cast coming out against you (imo), your behavior is really scummy and I don't think forgiveness should be given so easily.

Not to say that you feel Joss should be easily forgiven, I'm just piggy-backing my reply off of your post.

It depends on what you mean by no sexual accusation. Yes, no one has come forward and explicitly said: "Joss sexually assaulted me", however Michelle Tratchenberg posted this on Twitter in response to the conversation on Joss' behavior.

“Thank you @sarahmgellar for saying this. I am brave enough now as a 35 year old woman….To repost this. Because. This must. Be known. As a teenager. With his not appropriate behavior….very. Not. Appropriate.” “There was a rule, saying [Whedon] is not allowed in a room alone with Michelle again,”

Trachtenberg wrote, adding she would not be commenting further on the matter.

Yes, his behavior with everyone was inappropriate. However, if it was a matter of generally mistreating people verbally, why would it matter if he was alone with Michelle Tratchenberg? She was only 14 when she was on Buffy, and the fact that this 'rule' was put in place, leads me to believe that there was other stuff going on, or attempted.
    With Tratchenberg it felt more like intimidation than actual assault or even Grooming and as she is not specific exactly on what he did, we cannot have a true conclusion just more speculation but fact that he is professional douchebag

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    None of these men hurt me personally so I'm not in a position to give forgiveness. That's for their victims. Whoever, I think they still should make a living.
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Whether or not they should be forgiven is something their victims should decide not us.

While I agree that the victims should have the most important voice, however they are not the big public. the public decides the real forgiveness because they are people who will either watch their films or tv shows or not.

In a strange but a technical satisfactory outcome and I say technical because I understand the trauma does not go away for many of the victims but this is why the t one accused always settles the victims with money and sometimes money in the millions of dollars for exchange that they will not really speak of events anymore and in that sense, the actors are still protected.
    Last edited by Castle; 06-20-2021 at 03:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CellarDweller View Post
    “There was a rule, saying [Whedon] is not allowed in a room alone with Michelle again,”[/I]
    Gee, that's creepy.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

I'm pretty sure there's a rule that no adult other than a parent or guardian is allowed to be alone in a room with a minor on a film set.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    I'm pretty sure there's a rule that no adult other than a parent or guardian is allowed to be alone in a room with a minor on a film set.
    But the rule specifically being about Joss and not (so far) about any of the adult male cast members or other writers/producers doesn't bode well.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    There are plenty of ways to make a living that don’t involve either acting or directing
    I don't think they should be denied those jobs if want to continue to pursue those careers. Whoever hires them will need to be aware of the risk.

BANNED

I don't think they should be denied those jobs if want to continue to pursue those careers. Whoever hires them will need to be aware of the risk.
    Hmm. That seems a little like saying a child molester should not be denied a teaching position.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post
    Hmm. That seems a little like saying a child molester should not be denied a teaching position.
    Yeah. It's Hollywood and they are all fake and up their own ass.

Any apologies on their part are more than likely to be just for show, I wouldn't give them further opportunities to likely repeat their behavior. Because they'd learn that all they had to do was make a show of apology for the cameras and face no other consequences.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Yeah, there's a big difference between owning up to a normal mistake and getting a second chance and allowing sexual predators allowed to be back in their preferred element just because they said they were sorry.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Yeah, there's a big difference between owning up to a normal mistake and getting a second chance and allowing sexual predators allowed to be back in their preferred element just because they said they were sorry.
    This is an industry that still allows Roman Polanski to get work and be nominated for awards. He released a film back in 2019 iirc.

Ultimate Member

This is an industry that still allows Roman Polanski to get work and be nominated for awards. He released a film back in 2019 iirc.
    That's honestly disturbing

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    While I agree that the victims should have the most important voice, however they are not the big public. the public decides the real forgiveness because they are people who will either watch their films or tv shows or not.

In a strange but a technical satisfactory outcome and I say technical because I understand the trauma does not go away for many of the victims but this is why the t one accused always settles the victims with money and sometimes money in the millions of dollars for exchange that they will not really speak of events anymore and in that sense, the actors are still protected.
    If the general public wants to keep watching these peoples' movies and shows, that is their prerogative. They do not and should not have a say in whether they are forgiven.

Incredible Member

it's weird that all these accusations started flying towards whedon after fisher accusation. considering eliza dushku has worked with joss on multiple shows and considered him as a close friend and joss has people wanting to work with him when he did dr horrible or the self funded 'much ado about nothing' movie. if he is as toxic as some claimed , why would they want to work with joss ..?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by marshal88 View Post
    it's weird that all these accusations started flying towards whedon after fisher accusation. considering eliza dushku has worked with joss on multiple shows and considered him as a close friend and joss has people wanting to work with him when he did dr horrible or the self funded 'much ado about nothing' movie. if he is as toxic as some claimed , why would they want to work with joss ..?
    You think they all colluded to make up accusations?