Extraordinary Member

Default Kaido & Big Mom vs. Five Man Groups

In the current arc of One Piece, Kaido and Big Mom had a big confrontation with a five man group consisting of Luffy, Zoro, Law, Kid and Killer before everything went splitsville and everybody ran off/got sent falling in differect directions. This little setup was fun and I thought it would be fun to see how the Yonko duo handle some other five man groups.

- The fights all take place in on top of the massive skull dome of Onigashima and Onigashima is floating towards the Flower capital.
    - Besides that it's a standard rumble to the death, or incapcitation.

Kaido and Big Mom will face the following groups.

Shinigami Captains: Byakuya Kuchiki, Kenpachi Zaraki, Toshiro Hitsugaya, Yoruichi Shihoin and Mayuri Kurotuschi

UQ Holder: Touta Konoe, Karin Yuuki, Kuromaru Tokisaka, Santa Sakaki and Jinbei Shishido

Holy Knights: Howser, Gilthunder, Guila, Dreyfus and Hendrickson

Fairy Tail: Natsu Dragneel, Gray Fullbuster, Erza Scarlet, Gajeel Redfox and Juvia Lockser

Kages: Tsunade, A, Onoki, Mei Terumi and Gaara

Live-Action superheroes: DCEU Superman, DCEU Wonder Woman, MCU Thor (circa Infinity War), MCU Captain Marvel and MCU Scarlet Witch

How does the Yonko duo fair?

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Hmm... an interesting one.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Shinigami Captains: Byakuya Kuchiki, Kenpachi Zaraki, Toshiro Hitsugaya, Yoruichi Shihoin and Mayuri Kurotuschi
    Bleach Captains should take it I think. Their superior flight abilities mean they could just have Zaraki nuke the fortress so Linlin and Kaido have to divert their offensive game toward self-preservation over the open ocean. Mayuri's poisons should work, we've not seen a special defence from either Yonkou to poisons of his level. It's a slightly tough fight but the Captains have the terrain advantage.

In the arena, this would be a hell of a lot harder to call.

UQ Holder: Touta Konoe, Karin Yuuki, Kuromaru Tokisaka, Santa Sakaki and Jinbei Shishido
    Jinbei spatially moves Linlin and Kaido into the ocean. Game.

Holy Knights: Howser, Gilthunder, Guila, Dreyfus and Hendrickson
    Erm... I think Kaido and Linlin should takes this one. Howser, Gilthunder and Guila don't really add much, they are quite simply out of their depth here. Dreyfus and Hendrickson are quite powerful but I don't think they are capable of really hurting either one of their opponents to a significant degree.

Fairy Tail: Natsu Dragneel, Gray Fullbuster, Erza Scarlet, Gajeel Redfox and Juvia Lockser
    I don't know endgame Fairy Tail very well at all but, from how I've seen the characters discussed around here, I think this is pretty free for Kaido and Linlin.

Kages: Tsunade, A, Onoki, Mei Terumi and Gaara
    Really better hope Dust Release works. Otherwise, they might be able to gimmick them into the sea but they do not want to get touched.

Live-Action superheroes: DCEU Superman, DCEU Wonder Woman, MCU Thor (circa Infinity War), MCU Captain Marvel and MCU Scarlet Witch
    So... flight is a handy trick. Not sure where Superman sits in terms of speed to be honest. This is not an easy fight for the heroes. Scarlet Witch likely dies in the opening exchange because she's waaay to slow. Thor is also way too slow to matter here.

Though, if Wondy and Supes run defence he might be able to bifrost them for the BFR.

Agree with Nik on this. And in addition for the UQ Holder; they're all immortal in one way or another. With Santa being a literal ghost. So, not a whole lot they could really do to keep UQ Holder down.

Side note; UQ Holder is also entering its final stretch. Only a few more chapters left.

Extraordinary Member

In regards to Kenpachi blowing up the skull dome, I would argue that CIS would compell him to go for a Leeroy Jenkins rather than give his own side another tactical advantage, bloodlust or not which is kind of his default anyway. It might not change much but I figured I'd bring it up anyway.

As for Jinbei dumping both Yonko in the sea. He does have a range of 300 meters for his Switcheroo, which is impressive but considering the size of the skulle dome and the fact that it's floating well above sea level I'd say that they're too far away for Jinbei to do that, at least at the start of the fight. However...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Agree with Nik on this. And in addition for the UQ Holder; they're all immortal in one way or another. With Santa being a literal ghost. So, not a whole lot they could really do to keep UQ Holder down.

Side note; UQ Holder is also entering its final stretch. Only a few more chapters left.
    Their immortality and Santa being a ghost probably give them the means to straight up outlast the Yonko in a fight, though I was wondering i Big Mom's DF-power would allow her to manipulate their souls for a possible win. One really has to take a lot into account when putting UQ Holder characters in rumbles.

And yeah, they've got like 8 chapters left or so IIRC. And they're opponents will be heroes and villains from Negima. I hope both sides are well-presented in an epic battle. ...that's a lie, I mainly want Setsuna to do cool ****.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    In regards to Kenpachi blowing up the skull dome, I would argue that CIS would compell him to go for a Leeroy Jenkins rather than give his own side another tactical advantage, bloodlust or not which is kind of his default anyway. It might not change much but I figured I'd bring it up anyway.
    Oh yeah, in an arena match up and in character, Zaraki and Kaido are pretty much made for each other to just kick the hell out of.

I don't think it changes much, it's not going to be hard for the Bleach crew to force them off the skull and into the air.

As for Jinbei dumping both Yonko in the sea. He does have a range of 300 meters for his Switcheroo, which is impressive but considering the size of the skulle dome and the fact that it's floating well above sea level I'd say that they're too far away for Jinbei to do that, at least at the start of the fight.
    Jinbei is more than fast enough to chain throw whoever he decides to off into the ocean. It's not like they can really stop him from doing it. The other UQ Holder team occupy Kaido for like... ten seconds or so, which they are more than capable of doing, while Jinbei chain teleports Linlin into the bottom of the sea. He then comes back up and does it again.

I'm fairly certain he's also had occasions where he's obviously teleported people more than 300 metres. When his ability first manifested, he teleported much further than that to avoid the nuke at Hiroshima.

Like I say, you put these fights in the arena and they get a lot harder to unpick. Figuring out how Kaido's "only special Haki force can hurt me otherwise I don't care," durability would play with some of the more esoteric things on show is quite a complex thing to work out.

But with the proximity of the ocean, a bunch of these teams don't need to really worry about that.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

For what it's worth, Haki specifically provides resistance against being teleported against one's will, with someone like Law only recently getting powerful enough that his teleportation-based Devil Fruit can work against someone like Virgo when he goes full out, which is pretty much the only reason that the massively more powerful Doflamingo, much less Big Mom and Kaido (who each could swat Doflamingo like a gnat) didn't all get teleported into the ocean, or have all their limbs dumped on separate ends of the island, or get their hearts crushed in Law's hands, etc., etc... at the start of their fights.
    Last edited by The Drunkard Kid; 06-20-2021 at 09:13 AM.