Page 27 of 41 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I'm curious to see if the series will have any references to Kang and Apocalypse. Oscar Issac should by very familiar with the latter
    Or with Thor coming out in a couple months having one of the Egyptian pantheon offed by Gorr the God Butcher at the end. That would be cool

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Apparently Marc's jacket had a Rama-Tut reference.
    I thought that was the kid on the roof's jacket.

Quote Originally Posted by James T. Kirk View Post
    I thought that was the kid on the roof's jacket.
    Maybe so .

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

I loved the ending of this episode, looks like they're going full on into Lemire's run for the next episode!
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Like an RKO the Lemire run came out of nowhere. I loved it.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I loved the ending of this episode, looks like they're going full on into Lemire's run for the next episode!
    As soon as we were in the psyche ward I had the same thought...enter portions of Lemire run. His run had the space faring/warmongering werewolves as an angle too, I'm guessing that won't be included.
    Anyone else feel we essentially were just told about Bushman?
    Anyone having doubts that Layla is a stand in for Marlene did this episode quell those?

Also, have the last 3.5 episodes all just been a dream? OR is there another power at work?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    As soon as we were in the psyche ward I had the same thought...enter portions of Lemire run. His run had the space faring/warmongering werewolves as an angle too, I'm guessing that won't be included.
    Anyone having doubts that Layla is a stand in for Marlene did this episode quell those?

Also, have the last 3.5 episodes all just been a dream? OR is there another power at work?
    Layla is the Marlene of the MCU. I think it's pretty clear now. She's egyptian, they probably thought it was better if they actually had some portion of the cast of characters be egyptian. A family of archaeologists sounds fine. But Marlene Arlaune doesn't sound very egyptian-ish, does it? Hence the chance, and also a little other things to make her a bit more interesting.

Name and cultural origin doesn't matter much in the end. Marlene's or Layla's role is the thing that mattters: she's a drive, a partner and a lover. And now, a straight action girl. She's pretty awesome, actually. Can understand why they love her.

About what's real and what's not, I think the series goes for all is real, even the asylum, in a sense. It just changes how Marc and Steven see it. I think all before was in the material world, but this new part was... in a less material world. Half inside Marc's head, half somewhere else. They're making their own thing with the series, but I wonder...
    Last edited by Zaresh; 04-20-2022 at 10:01 AM.

I thought it was a good episode but the ending through me for a loop. I'm hoping we meet Jake in the next two episodes just to complete the set. Unless he's a sequel hook.

spoilers:
    I thought the asylum was a prison world in the Overmind. It's where Khonshu is now banished to. Somehow Marc got transported there. Maybe Khonshu brought him?
    end of spoilers

Anybody else reminded of the novel/movie "I am the Cheese" at the end?
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I thought it was a good episode but the ending through me for a loop. I'm hoping we meet Jake in the next two episodes just to complete the set. Unless he's a sequel hook.

spoilers:
    I thought the asylum was a prison world in the Overmind. It's where Khonshu is now banished to. Somehow Marc got transported there. Maybe Khonshu brought him?
    end of spoilers
    I think Jake was in the other Sarcophagus. The one that neither Marc or Steven wanted to open.

Have to say it was nice to see Marc and Steven actually getting along for a moment

Mighty Member

Loved the hippo.

This is a great Indiana Jones series, and a passable Moon Knight series. Which is about right because I always viewed Moon Knight as a forgettable character who got REALLY LUCKY when it came to costume design. If you made a pie chart showing what made the character cool the entire pie chart would just be dedicated to the costume.

Ethan Hawke's villainy is movie level. He is a straight up Indiana Jones villain.

To the people who saw The Uncharted Movie, is this better than that?
    Last edited by Anthony W; 04-20-2022 at 07:42 PM.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

I really liked this ep more than the previous one. That mummy was pretty creepy and I loved the fight with Layla. I love that we don't really need an explanation - it's par for the course for this kind of adventure, so of course there's a mummy walking around gutting people.

That's...a lot of sealed up Gods. Have they all been acting up more than we previously assumed? Are we meant to find it suspicious that they have so many of their brethren sealed up like that? Will Marc have to free more than just Khonshu?

Marc's only good point is the suit? Come on Layla, give him more credit than that.

So the big question...does it count as cheating when it's technically a split-personality of yourself? I think even Layla and Steven are really unsure what their feelings for each other mean. At least Steven had the decency to try to explain Marc's position on the main thing Layla was mad about, even if it didn't stop the kiss or Marc punching him.

"It was his choice" - I mean, in a way it was more Khonshu's choice and how Marc reacted to that, but I guess Layla has to process it in her own way.

What...what are those things? Are those like...meant to be guarding Ammet's tomb and kill/harvest anyone who tries to go in? Are they even human?

Layla really knows how to effectively use those flares.

So the truth comes out...Marc was there when Layla's father died. Not that he actually participated it, it was presumably MCU!Bushman, and he died trying to make it right...but it does put a more morbid cover of Marc and Layla's entire romance that her fathers' death has been hanging over it since he met her. And basically makes her Marlene from the comics. I do wonder if we're going to see the origin proper in the next episode.

I honestly thought for a second they were going to mention Rama-Tut in the tomb...

Is Marc suicidal? It feels like he's torn up with so much guilt in himself over what happened, and his ultimate endgame was always fading away so Steven could be the dominant personality, that I wonder if this was basically a means of killing himself as penance.

What does it take for Jake to come out? They haven't seemed to properly address what makes him take over the body, other than I guess high stress situations that require even more violence than Marc can dish out. We obviously saw his sarcophagus in the mental space, and I'm assuming we'll free him next episode, but I'm just really interested to see what his deal is.

Well, points for trying Marc, but without the suit he can't tank bullets and he and Steven both die in real time. Although I guess this gives them an opportunity to finally sort through their differences and have another "rebirth."

I was honestly expecting them to end on Marc waking up in the institution and spend longer in it before he escaped and found Steven, thus indicating it's some kind of mental purgatory that they (and Jake) are stuck in, but I guess we've got to get the plot moving.

I love how, despite how often they snipe at each other or work against each other, the first thing Marc and Steven do when they're reunited is hug.

I know that the mental institution wasn't exactly real and was trying to re-frame everything Marc knew as being a delusion, but did he actually get the inspiration for Steven's identity and personality from that B-movie?

Looks like Marc and Steven are going to need the Hippo Goddess/Taweret's help to find life again and get back to stop Harrow, free Khonshu, and revive Moon Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post

Actually I think the twist will be that it was Jake Lockley who killed her father.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly