Page 10 of 41 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

I've seen a lot of talk about what people hope they see in the show, but what appears to not be in this take seems to be more interesting to me. For one, I'm really glad that Marlene seems to be absent, as much as I love the classic stories and as much as I loved seeing those images of her parading around in night gowns and bikinis when I was growing up...I got a little skeeved out reading them last week as that's literally all she's there for; to patch up Marc when he comes home, have sex with him and admonish him for his activities, she has no real self motivation or agency at all.
    You could fix that in a modern take, make her a smart strong willed woman who helps with his investigations; maybe make her a SHIELD agent trying to make sure he doesn't go too far off the reservation...but part of me thinks it would be better if she just vanished all together.

I'm also okay with Frenchie going away too, he wasn't problematic but he didn't add much either.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I've seen a lot of talk about what people hope they see in the show, but what appears to not be in this take seems to be more interesting to me. For one, I'm really glad that Marlene seems to be absent, as much as I love the classic stories and as much as I loved seeing those images of her parading around in night gowns and bikinis when I was growing up...I got a little skeeved out reading them last week as that's literally all she's there for; to patch up Marc when he comes home, have sex with him and admonish him for his activities, she has no real self motivation or agency at all.
    You could fix that in a modern take, make her a smart strong willed woman who helps with his investigations; maybe make her a SHIELD agent trying to make sure he doesn't go too far off the reservation...but part of me thinks it would be better if she just vanished all together.

I'm also okay with Frenchie going away too, he wasn't problematic but he didn't add much either.
    I feel the same, although I do want Marc to have some sort of a supporting cast in the future. I like how Frenchie has been used since Huston’s run on MK. The show just has to make him less stereotypical and I think he could be a great foil. May Calamawy’s “Layla” could be interesting too, I wonder where they’re going with her.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Tripper View Post
    I feel the same, although I do want Marc to have some sort of a supporting cast in the future. I like how Frenchie has been used since Huston’s run on MK. The show just has to make him less stereotypical and I think he could be a great foil. May Calamawy’s “Layla” could be interesting too, I wonder where they’re going with her.
    I definitely want him to have a supporting cast, but I think Crawley and the Landers family would be better
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I definitely want him to have a supporting cast, but I think Crawley and the Landers family would be better
    I’d definitely welcome Crawley into the mix, but I’ve never really liked the Landers family as part of Marc’s supporting cast. Maybe just Gena on her own, or Ricky and Ray on their own. All three of them helping Marc always feels off to me for some reason

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I always liked the profile as a reluctant ally. I doubt we'll get him as this is an origin story but I want him in any follow ups.

I wonder if these Disney + Marvel shows will have a Night Nurse/Claire Temple that will connect them all together.

Quote Originally Posted by Common Writer View Post
    I wonder if these Disney + Marvel shows will have a Night Nurse/Claire Temple that will connect them all together.
    I doubt it. MK is basically 'Chapter 32' of the MCU. Not a sub universe like Defenders and Agents of Shield were.

Though I wouldn't rule out seeing Blade or Black Knight show up Nick Fury style if they're intent on setting up 'Defenders/Midnight Sons' cross over.

Quote Originally Posted by Common Writer View Post
    There's always Contessa.

Quote Originally Posted by Beantownbrown View Post
    I wonder if the big surprise is that it's not "parallel" but Marc is the original personality?

New issue of Empire features Moon Knight Exclusives (due out on the 17th February)

Including a new image of Moon Knight in a fan favourite costume and brief words from Feige saying it’s brutal and they didn’t hold anything back.

CBR won’t let me post the link but it’s on Empire’s website/all over Twitter.
    Last edited by Jack The Tripper; 02-12-2022 at 05:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Tripper View Post
    New issue of Empire features Moon Knight Exclusives (due out on the 17th February)

Including a new image of Moon Knight in a fan favourite costume and brief words from Feige saying it’s brutal and they didn’t hold anything back.

CBR won’t let me post the link but it’s on Empire’s website/all over Twitter.
    Sounds like they're going full Netflix.

Mr. Knight looks dapper .

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    I don't think they want to do anything to remind anyone of Warren Ellis.
    So much for that...

The "Mr. Knight..." thing made a pretty solid leap to the screen(from the looks of that..)

While I'm still not sure this will be for me, it is good to see that step forward from the "Comics..." side of things winding up in the show. Good that it will get out to what will likely be a wider audience.