Page 36 of 41 FirstFirst ... 26323334353637383940 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I want to see more of the Egyptian gods so I want more avatars. I also want to see the plans the team had for Bushman if we ever get a season 2

One thing's for sure I'm pretty sure we'll never see a live-action version of the Khonshu/Bushman from Around Civil War....
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

If there's a second season, having Bushman come in makes some sense because he gives us an opportunity to explore that part of Marc's life, which presumably would involve Jake, who I imagine would be a big part of the next chapter in Marc's journey. (and Frenchie, who was also name-dropped already, although they might just call him "DuChamp") Maybe they can do a bit of a mashup and give Bushman Morpheus's dream powers. (I don't imagine they'd want to actually use Morpheus between Morbius, and Mobius ... it could be confusing) Would his dream powers be too repetitive of the mindgames Marc went through in the afterlife or would be right on brand? I suppose it would be in the execution. It's difficult to imagine him (and Layla?) moving to NYC and being an urban vigilante there right away. Unless Jake or Khonshu forces them which would be contrived, but I wouldn't put it past them. There's been speculation about MK being part of the "Midnight Sons" with Blade and Black Knight - that would be cool.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    One thing's for sure I'm pretty sure we'll never see a live-action version of the Khonshu/Bushman from Around Civil War....
    You mean when Khonshu would appear to Marc as a faceless Bushman? I imagine we could get Jake tearing off his face but as a discretion shot.

Fantastic Member

Writing got worse and more generic with each episode..the hospital scene would have been good if legion had not done it already..and Layla getting powers just steals the show from the main character. Do better marvel…

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by obatalla View Post
    Writing got worse and more generic with each episode..the hospital scene would have been good if legion had not done it already..and Layla getting powers just steals the show from the main character. Do better marvel…
    Can't please 'em all.

I thought it was great!!

Watching the Egyptian Pantheon realize they screwed up and Harrow was freeing Ammit was kind of satisfying, even if it was also pretty vicious watching them all get killed without really doing anything.

Marc has a chance at salvation, but in true hero fashion he goes back for Steven, because Steven is a part of himself and the only person Marc had when things were hardest for him. And the two personalities coming together gives them access back when Osiris is spurred on by such a display.

Tawaret possessing random dead bodies that speak in her voice and Layla having to act as her was priceless.

"I knew you'd be back!" "Layla said no, didn't she?" Yeah, they've got Khonshu's number.

Moon Knight has mastered the secret weapon of heroes with the power to form-change...rapid form-changing on the fly! Now that Marc and Steven have found equilibrium with each other, they can now change bodies/Moon Knight forms on the fly, and Steven has access to Marc's combat experience so he's not useless in a fight as Mr. Knight.

What is Ammit's standards for taking lives? Like, why was that one Egyptian police officer spared while the rest weren't? What is it in someone that Ammit writes off someone's entire life on the potential that they'll turn evil? Although ultimately when Ammit was devouring all those souls a thought occured to me that she's not doing this out of a sense of justice but just so she can gain more power.

I wasn't expecting we'd get full CG Ammit. And that she never even had any access to Harrow, he was doing this all on his own terms and was fully prepared to be judged as a sinner for his past. Also seems like she really wanted Khonshu to give in and join up with her. And she didn't even mind that Khonshu had let himself go. That's godly romance for you.

Layla becoming a Superhero as Tawaret's avatar was...interesting. Like, on the one hand, she had a cool costume, neat to see an Egyptian Superhero, and her design and powers felt like DC's Isis, Wonder Woman, and Hawkgirl all rolled into one character...but on the other hand it feels like they always default to giving non-powered supporting characters superpowers or a costume to make them relevant and it felt very Arrowverse in that respect, and she almost stole the show from Moon Knight (which I guess isn't necesarilly a bad thing, but still). Layla says it's only "temporary," but there's probably a higher potential that she'll do it again if we get a continuation.

A grappling hook? They just couldn't resist that Batman staple.

How is Moon Knight going to get out of this one? He isn't because Jake will take over and resolve everything off-screen! Like, I figured Jake would be the ace in the hole, but it felt really anti-climactic way for them to beat Harrow. We didn't even get to see Jake's Moon Knight suit, but I guess that's something they will save for later...

Ah, the classic "I've dropped the bodies of several bad guys at this point but I draw the line at executing a named character in cold blood" approach to Superheroes. Or maybe Marc just wanted to finally stop and not listen to Khonshu anymore. But it became kind of moot because Khonshu just had Jake execute Harrow/Ammit anyways. It's like when the heroes in F&TWS apprehended the Flag-Smashers but then the "villains" ended up killing them so the heroes didn't have to.

Did Jake kill everybody in Harrow/Ammit's cult?

So...what's next for Marc and Steven? It seems like they're back in the UK, living in Steven's place, and seemingly retired (as far as they know) from being Moon Knight. Are they going to try and go back to normal? Work Steven's dayjob? Where's Layla? Did they file those divorce papers?

But the real kicker is that...of course Khonshu wouldn't let Marc (or Steven) go without a backup plan, and he never seriously considered Layla as his next Avatar. Because he always saw his ideal avatar in Marc's 3rd personality that he never truly realized existed...Jake Lockley, who is basically a cab driver updated into a limo driver who assassinates anyone Khonshu needs him to as they drive around in his limo with Khonshu dressed all snazzy in a suit. So it never really ended for poor Marc.

I'm disappointed Jake doesn't have a big crescent-shaped mustache that instantly grows on when he's fronting.

You'd think at some point Layla would tell Marc what she saw when Jake defeated Harrow. Would Marc even register it or block it out? Here's hoping for a follow-up!

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I'm disappointed Jake doesn't have a big crescent-shaped mustache.
    I'm glad he still had the hat though .
    You'd think at some point Layla would tell Marc what she saw when Jake defeated Harrow. Would Marc even register it or block it out? Here's hoping for a follow-up!
    Marc and Steven both seem aware of the black-out but I guess they just...didn't care anymore? And we didn't see what happened with them and Layla after they left.

I loved this episode, to be honest. It's not episode 5, but it's better than episode one and two.

Honestly? I think Ammit was full of sh*t about how she decides to judge people and when. Hence why she didn't do a thing to Harrow. Also, probably, she was following ancient Egyptian standards, unlike Khonshu, who seems to follow a bit more up to date moral standards, I guess...

Man, the speech Marc gave* to Steven when he was freezing was so moving. No wonders Osiris let them* go back. An Orpheus Award for the man, now.

I loved that once Marc and Steven were "freed" from Khonshu's mission, they fell back to that mental place after the light. They were still healing under the suit, after all. I think that place must be inside Marc's and Steven's head, and Jake's head too, maybe. I was wondering if it was it, in episode 5. But now, I'm sure it is. I also suspect Jake was the one who got them back to Steven's apartment in London, and that's why they seem so confused about it. And why Layla is nowhere near. For me, Jake's task has been so far the one who overseers them, the one who makes dirty things and stays vigilant in case things get too dangerous and violent, or gathering info. More of a protector than Marc himself. A survivor who takes and says as he pleases. I guess he also is that here, besides being a pure force of destruction, it seems. I'm going to go and say that I think the reason he works with Khonshu at the back of the other two who are unaware is, besides his own choice (vengeance seems totally MCU Jake alley), because Khonshu is not going to leave Marc (the whole pack) ever alone. And Jake sees that like a potential danger for the other two. But who knows. I was wrong about the council of goods: they weren't in cahoots with Harrow. So, welp. We will see in season 2.

Please, Marvel Studios, give us more seasons.

Edit: I think that Marc always thought that those black outs were just him loosing control and dissociating* to nowhere and no one. And why he still felt upset when Khonshu asked him to kill Harrow. Marc is still pretty violent and can loose it without blacking out (see how he lost it in episode 5 and in episode 2 with Steven trapped* in the reflection). Layla could have thought there's something more, but not be sure yet. She heard Harrow and I think, Khonshu, imply Marc has more alters, or something else, in him. I guess the one who's going to finally uncover Jake is going to be Steven, who seems to be the most logical, funny enough. That, if Jake doesn't do it himself.

Edit 2: I read a lot of people in the Internet saying that Khonshu saw in Jake his perfect avatar. But I took that last scene in the limousine differently. I thought that what Khonshu meant was that Marc, the whole pack, was his perfect avatar. Because he was so, so messed. And then, he presents Jake to Harrow, an alter Harrow doesn't know yet. I could be wrong, because I saw this episode just once and not in English. I need to rewatch it in English yet.

Edit 3: Jake gave such a hitman vibe. Different from the comics, but I love it.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 05-04-2022 at 05:17 PM. Reason: mistakes were made

Spectacular Member Obeythemoderators's Avatar

Although I like the show I wish they would tone down the supernatural elements.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    I loved this episode, to be honest. It's not episode 5, but it's better than episode one and two.

Honestly? I think Ammit was full of sh*t about how she decides to judge people and when. Hence why she didn't do a thing to Harrow. Also, probably, she was following ancient egypcian standards, unlike Khonshu, whos seems to follow a bit more up to date moral standards, I guess....

Man, the speech Marc said to Steven when he was freezing was so moving. No wonders Osiris let then go back. An Orpheus Award for the man, now.

I loved that once Marc and Steven were "freed" from Khonshu's mission, they fell back to that mental place after the light. They were still healing under the suit, after all. I think that place must be inside Marc's and Steven's head, and Jake's head too, maybe. I was wondering if it was it, in episode 5. But now, I'm sure it is. I also suspect Jake was the one who got them back to Steven's apartment in London, and that's why they seem so confused about it. And why Layla is nowhere near. For me, Jake's task has been so far the one who overseers them, the one who makes dirty things and stays vigilant in case things get too dangerous and violent, or gathering info. More of a protector than Marc himself. A survivor who takes and says as he pleases. I guess he also is that here, besides being a pure force of destruction, it seems. I'm going to go and say that I think the reason he works with Khonshu at the back of the other two who are unaware is, besides his own choice (vengeance seems totally MCU Jake alley), because Khonshu is not going to leave Marc (the whole pack) ever alone. And Jake sees that like a potential danger for the other two. But who knows. I was wrong about the council of goods: they weren't in cahoots with Harrow. So, welp. We will see in season 2.

Please, Marvel, Studios, give us more seasons.

Edit: I think that Marc always thought that those black outs were just him loosing control and dissociate to nowhere and no one. And why he still felt upset when Khonshu asked him to kill Harrow. Marc is still pretty violent and can loose it without blacking out (see how he lost it in episode 5 and in episode 2 with Steven trapper in the reflection). Layla could have thought there's something more, but not be sure yet. She heard Harrow and I think, Khonshu, imply Marc has more alters, or something else, in him. I guess the one who's going to finally uncover Jake is going to be Steven, who seems to be the most logical, funny enough. That, if Jake doesn't do it himself.

Edit 2: I read a lot of people in the Internet saying that Khonshu saw in Jake his perfect avatar. But I took that last scene in the limousine differently. I thought that what Khonshu meant was that Marc, the whole pack, was his perfect avatar. Because he was so, so messed. And then, he presents Jake to Harrow, an alter Harrow doesn't know yet. I could be wrong, because I saw this episode just once and not in English. I need to rewatch it in English yet.

Edit 3: Jake gave such a hitman vibe. Different from the comics, but I love it.
    I think we can assume Jake is the one who asked the girl out in the first episode, not Steven or Marc.

I think Khonshu ultimately saw Marc as the ideal Avatar for one reason or another...his skillset, his temperament, how desperate he was, and that his messed up mental state made it easy to use him. And Jake was always the backup plan if Khonshu couldn't keep using Marc, like he wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think we can assume Jake is the one who asked the girl out in the first episode, not Steven or Marc.

I think Khonshu ultimately saw Marc as the ideal Avatar for one reason or another...his skillset, his temperament, how desperate he was, and that his messed up mental state made it easy to use him. And Jake was always the backup plan if Khonshu couldn't keep using Marc, like he wanted.
    Yeah, seems to be. Jake is that kind of people in the comics too.
    I think the replaced goldfish was Marc. But the girl, it was Jake most probably.

The funiest thing about using Jake is, it's so absolutely going to backfire. If Khonshu thinks he can't control and manipulate Marc, this version of Jake seems to be wilder. I hope I'm right. It could be so much fun. Painful, but fun.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 05-04-2022 at 06:12 PM.

never read the comics but my understanding is that Marc was more of a Daredevil or Batmanish street level NY character. Given his supernatural background, glad they made him more of an adventuring around the world types. Thats what really turned me off on the Iron Fist show. You take this character, give him an origin of getting powers punching a dragon after growing up in some other relm, and then make the show about him fighting drug dealers or those stupid ninjas in brooklyn. It works for Daredevil, Batman, Punisher or even Spider-man since their backgrounds really aren't all that out there compared to being the avatar of an egyptian god or some immortal iron fist type. I really liked the direction they went, and really hope they make a season 2 especially with all the Jake setup.

Mighty Member

Wondering if Kevin convinced Oscar to renegotiate that original contract and make a cameo in a post credit scene for a future MCU movie.

Mighty Member

This was excellent all around. Totally called the Jake stinger back during the first couple episodes. Isaac needs to win some kind of award for this performance or I'm going to be salty.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post

Edit 2: I read a lot of people in the Internet saying that Khonshu saw in Jake his perfect avatar. But I took that last scene in the limousine differently. I thought that what Khonshu meant was that Marc, the whole pack, was his perfect avatar.
    I mean, it's both. Marc is the perfect avatar, at least in part, because Jake exists. Marc and Steven HAVE both been freed. But Jake is still on the payroll, and seems content to do whatever is asked of him. So it's like Khonshu gets to have his cake and eat it too. He gets 'Marc,' but Marc doesn't know or understand it.

Jake is interesting here. We don't get much sense of his personality. But he's clearly the most violent of the three. So, figure in the same way Marc spun off Steven to be his innocence, a place to hide when he was abused or stressed, he also spun off Jake. To survive. To do whatever it takes. Marc doesn't seem to revel in the violence, though he'll use it. So Jake is the one he lets loose when he might get squeamish. And both Marc and Steven are, almost willfully, ignorant of him in the same way Steven was unaware of Marc.

Very interesting how both Marc and Steven are aware of the third during the final fight against Harrow, but neither so much as questions it. And it's forgotten almost as fast.