Page 38 of 41 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Points for Moon Knight maintaining his secret identity by virtue of killing virtually everyone who knew he was Moon Knight save for his wife.

I guess if you take what Khonshu said about her being a possible avatar at face-value (which he actually lied about) and her general competency...but is it so wrong to just have a normal-powered person involved in this stuff and just be a competent fighter? It reminds me of people speculating Zendaya would end up putting on a suit at some point.

I'm not sure they put everything on the table...like, plenty, but not everything. But I think Isaac will just wait out for when they have something good to entice him back, which I guess is the plan moving forward.

(Kind of funny he mentions Steven and not Marc though...who is the true main character of Moon Knight?).
    I thought it was Marc while Steven was a POV character. But Steven gets his own arc and learned to coexist with Marc. So it's a buddy story like Falcon and Winter soldier.

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    Moon Knight reminded me just how de-powered Loki was in his series where he was basically normal human-level with martial arts skills. The Egyptian gods' avatars were more powerful than a Norse god. Put him against a giant crocodile lady and he'd be squashed like a bug.
    Moon Knight, Layla, and Harrow probably would've wrecked Loki and Sylvie.

Moon Knight, Layla, and Harrow probably would've wrecked Loki and Sylvie.
    Loki and Sylvie showed more than decent magic in their series, hey. I wouldn't say that.

On the other hand, Layla showed her fighting skills in episode 3 already. And she wasn't a powered avatar then.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    spoilers:
    so what language was Jake speaking when he appeared? I wonder what his assumed nationality is.

I hope that the character(s) appear in some form in the future.

the character Layla becomes reminds me of those Earth Force characters that first appeared in the Thor comics.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Spanish. Latin american Spanish. Can't say which specific accent, he sounded central american. I guess it's Oscar's own accent, but I cannot say for sure.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Zaresh; 05-05-2022 at 03:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Loki and Layla showed more than decent magic in their series, hey. I wouldn't say that.

On the other hand, Layla showed her fighting skills in episode 3 already. And she wasn't a powered avatar then.
    I'd say they showed it inconsistently. It wasn't like Loki when he fought Thor in the first Thor movie.

I'd say they showed it inconsistently. It wasn't like Loki when he fought Thor in the first Thor movie.
    I guess it wasn't (can't remember the movie that right. Watched it once, and I didn't like it enough to repeat). But I would take the series as the new standard for him or Sylvie from now on. It will depend on the different writers and directors, but, my guess is that the series is the new standard. They shown King Loki being quite impressive, too. I guess they know now which kind of stuff they can pull with him. They have the whole MCU way more coordinated and worked now, I think.

Edit: Darn, I said Loki and Layla before. Meant to say Loki and Sylvie. I'm too tired already to write properly.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 05-05-2022 at 03:22 PM.

I guess it wasn't (can't remember the movie that right. Watched it once, and I didn't like it enough to repeat). But I would take the series as the new standard for him or Sylvie from now on. It will depend on the different writers and directors, but, my guess is that the series is the new standard. They shown King Loki being quite impressive, too. I guess they know now which kind of stuff they can pull with him. They have the whole MCU way more coordinated and worked now, I think.

Edit: Darn, I said Loki and Layla before. Meant to say Loki and Sylvie. I'm too tired already to write properly.
    It feels more like a baseline dependent on the plot, and with them fighting a bunch of mooks they had to powerscale them down.

It feels more like a baseline dependent on the plot, and with them fighting a bunch of mooks they had to powerscale them down.
    Strength-wise, Loki and Sylvie didn't even compare to Sif and Lorelei when they appeared on "Agents of SHIELD." (which seemed comparable to MK and Layla as avatars)

My least favorite MCU show. I liked Isaac and Hawke, but didn’t really care about most of it. I didn't get why they were back in the Mental hospital that was part of the afterlife?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    My least favorite MCU show. I liked Isaac and Hawke, but didn’t really care about most of it. I didn't get why they were back in the Mental hospital that was part of the afterlife?
    It's in Marc's and Steven's head. A place in their mind. That's my take, at least.

From other bits they showed, I think that part was meant to take place earlier, but then they decided to be clever and mess with us by showing us that last asylum scene after Marc was out of the afterlife, even if it doesn't make the most sense. Easiest explanation is that Marc was just dreaming.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    From other bits they showed, I think that part was meant to take place earlier, but then they decided to be clever and mess with us by showing us that last asylum scene after Marc was out of the afterlife, even if it doesn't make the most sense. Easiest explanation is that Marc was just dreaming.
    spoilers:
    I think it was simultaneous in episode 5, at least the ones after the first one time, they where there. Steven was key to help me realize about it. When he's breaking down after Marc tells him about his mother's death, he screams to be let out (of the afterlife, which is their reality plane at that time). Then, he appears in the asylum, and follows the scene naturally, as if the one before was, well, what just happened. The same happens when Marc the second time that episode, I think. And in episode 6, they're back there when they loose the suit. I think they were still healing when it happened, and when they lost it, they collapsed. Afterwards, hmmm... Perhaps Layla moved back to London with an unconscious Marc. I mean, when Marc wakes up, he seems a bit confused. Maybe he didn't know they were back to London.
    Maybe that place is now in between their subconscious and dream. Or maybe is where Jake leaves them when he takes over the body. And that's why they see Harrow bleed.

That asylum (not the one in the ship) may be that organized whatever place Doctor Harrow (Marc's subconscious, I guess. Or maybe Khonshu) talked about in episode 5. And because they were also dead and in the afterlife, all of it, subconscious and afterlife (which is based in their mind too) mixed and blended together. I don't know...

Also, unrelated, but a fun thing to think about. When Steven fell to awakeness, he said something about saving the world.

And, wherever it is, it seems like they can't be there as sepparate beings, unlike what happens in the afterlife.
    end of spoilers

Full thoughts in a couple of days when I’ve rewatched the finale but I really liked it

My 13 year old self would not be able to comprehend that we were gonna have a finale to a great moon knight show and a Doctor Strange movie releasing in the same week!

It's in Marc's and Steven's head. A place in their mind. That's my take, at least.
    It could have been more clear, but it was not the same hospital.

The one with "Dr. Harrow" is in their head, and the doctor is actually an aspect of them. He is not real-world Harrow; he is actually trying to help. He's just wrong about Khonshu and Taweret and all the Moon Knight stuff not being real -- and his being real, as far as an independent person outside of Marc goes. But, his guidance really did help Marc and Steven come to a better understanding and acceptance of each other, and allow them to work together.

Anyway yeah, the mid-credit scene hospital is in the real world. Everything from staff uniforms on is different. So apparently, Jake took control of the body and took real-world Harrow out of the hospital and shot him.

I started out very meh on this show, but the last few episodes really pulled it together, and ultimately I think it seems a more consistent story start-to-finish than probably any other D+ Marvel show. Definitely one of my favorites ... even just Taweret would get them that, though!

Taweret the friendly hippo goddess was the best part of 'Moon Knight'
    Be kind to me, or treat me mean
    I'll make the most of it, I'm an extraordinary machine

His mind is his own purgatory while he awaits his fate.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I want to see more of the Egyptian gods so I want more avatars.
    I'm on the opposite side of that proposal. Yes, I do want to see more of the Ennead and the other Egyptian deities. But I don't want to see more human avatars. I want to see the gods themselves. Even if it's just a 20 second snippet of them.

But with Layla becoming the new avatar of Taweret, I guess the horse is already out of the barn.