Page 30 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    He was shot because instead of leaving, his wife needed to stay and talk about what happen to her father. They would have been long gone before Arrow arrived if she didn't act so foolishly.
    It's a definite plot contrivance but it's hardly unique.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    It's a definite plot contrivance but it's hardly unique.
    Yes, a plot contrivance from the "things I hate in movies" thread. Plot contrivance = bad writing. Characters acting like idiots = bad writing.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    So Marc had no agency from that point? He also didn't have to engage her and could have just started leaving. You can say they both were stupid, but to put it all on Layla doesn't make sense to me. (and no, there's no "she made him do it" excuse - he's a grown man)
    They were both idiots. When he said, "You want to do this now? Okay" he doomed himself.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Yes, a plot contrivance from the "things I hate in movies" thread. Plot contrivance = bad writing. Characters acting like idiots = bad writing.
    It's certainly not great, but in my eyes as everything else is top notch its pretty easy to overlook.

I mean, could they have just had Harrow catch up to them without the confrontation? Sure, but the drama of their conversation was an important characterization development for the two of them even if it wasn't realistic.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

I don't know if you can even say if it's not realistic. I don't think you can necessarily expect people in high stress/tension situations to behave as logically as we might when we're calm and have plenty of time to think and consider the big picture. I mean, it's why you do combat drills and such, right? So as much as possible of what you do is reflex, how you would "normally" behave in that situation ... because when you are really in a combat situation, it won't be normal and you may not make the best judgment at the spur of the moment.

Layla had just fought off an undead guy of some sort and barely escaped falling to her death with him, then had Harrow suggest Marc killed her father. For Marc, he'd been locked away and wanting to be back in control the whole episode, and suddenly Steven is gone and Marc is back, when she asks about her father.

I mean, I can see feeling like we have to have this conversation now, in their situation, even though it does not make any sense. Heck, Layla has been rolling with her husband having super powers, being possessed by a God, and turning out to be two different people, all while working with him to stop some mad cult leader from freeing an evil god who will destroy the world.

You know, is it really so unrealistic, you might make a bad call or two, under all that's been going on? Yah, staying to have the conversation was dumb, and trying to fight the room full of guns pointed at you while you stand right in front of them, also not smart. Believable enough, all considered.
    Be kind to me, or treat me mean
    I'll make the most of it, I'm an extraordinary machine

BANNED

Absolutely brilliant episode. MOON KNIGHT is one of the few masterpieces that MCU/Disney ever released.

By the way, I just desperately need a full flashback episode about Marc's origins as both Marc Spector and Moon Knight.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I honestly thought for a second they were going to mention Rama-Tut in the tomb...
    Was I the only one to notice that the sarcophagus for "Alexander" had a lot of markings, especially on the face, that resembled Kang?

Quote Originally Posted by DarthBubba View Post
    Was I the only one to notice that the sarcophagus for "Alexander" had a lot of markings, especially on the face, that resembled Kang?
    The designer says they were being historically accurate.

https://comicbook.com/marvel/news/mo...s-hieroglyphs/

Amazing Member

The designer says they were being historically accurate.

https://comicbook.com/marvel/news/mo...s-hieroglyphs/
    Sure, I completely see that in the tomb and the hieroglyphs, but take a look at the face painted on the sarcophagus itself. Then line-work looks very similar to Kang's face/mask.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthBubba View Post
    Sure, I completely see that in the tomb and the hieroglyphs, but take a look at the face painted on the sarcophagus itself. Then line-work looks very similar to Kang's face/mask.
    I see that. But is it a matter of them copying Kang or Kirby using Egyptian reference for Kang?

Last edited by Kirby101; 04-25-2022 at 09:42 AM.

I see that. But is it a matter of them copying Kang or Kirby using Egyptian reference for Kang?

That doesn't look very Kang-like to me, honestly. He's consistently depicted with two vertical lines over his eyes, not outlines like this.

Amazing Member

Well, it seems I'm not alone in my thoughts.... https://screenrant.com/moon-knight-k...exander-great/

Fantastic Member TheCasualReader's Avatar

Episode 5

That was a great episode, but man, that was some heavy stuff and there were times I just got tense because it was so on point.

Oscar Isaac is an amazing actor, dear god.

Astonishing Member

Oscar Isaac can be so proud of the acting he has done this series. I mean he has gotten to really let loose and explore some good material. This one was pretty tough stuff getting into the deep psyche and seeing the trauma and triggers that led to where we are.

It reminded me of the Wandavision penultimate episode where she was forced to relieve her traumatic events as well.

Ultimate Member

Good lord, this episode was very, very heavy.

I'm surprised it didn't come with a "content warning" or something.

It went to some very dark places.