Page 8 of 41 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

I don't really see why Ethan Hawke needs to play a well known bad guy. As long as they make the villain compelling he doesnt have to be someone super noteworthy. The people who are watching the show most of them don't know any Moonknight Bad guys.

I have a feeling that Morpheus might be a major villain in this show since this take on Stephen Grant seems to have sleeping problems.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    I don't really see why Ethan Hawke needs to play a well known bad guy. As long as they make the villain compelling he doesnt have to be someone super noteworthy. The people who are watching the show most of them don't know any Moonknight Bad guys.
    Because Marvel's one off bad guys are lame?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    Because Marvel's one off bad guys are lame?
    Naa. The movies and the tv show can make a bad guy anything they want. I mean I don't know if he was good or not in the comics. But I don't really care. If he is good in the show then he is good in the show.

Ultimate Member

Naa. The movies and the tv show can make a bad guy anything they want. I mean I don't know if he was good or not in the comics. But I don't really care. If he is good in the show then he is good in the show.
    The movies could but they don't seem to. Guys like Thanos are good but he was in the comics too. Barely there villains like Darren Cross or Yon-Rogg aren't exciting in the comics and the MCU didn't make them any better.

I hope the mystery leaves more mystery to be solved by the end of the mini series. Marc shouldn't be "cured"-- or should he?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Common Writer View Post
    I have a feeling that Morpheus might be a major villain in this show since this take on Stephen Grant seems to have sleeping problems.
    I wouldn't be surprised. We know Midnight Man is also in it.

Astonishing Member

No one is saying that. But the character he IS playing isn't really that great of a character and is one dimensional because he only had the one appearance. That's why many assume there will be a twist. Either they combine rogues or him actually playing Harrow is a red-herring.

The movies could but they don't seem to. Guys like Thanos are good but he was in the comics too. Barely there villains like Darren Cross or Yon-Rogg aren't exciting in the comics and the MCU didn't make them any better.
    The TV shows nail that but they benefit from having more time. Occasionally the movies do make villians better like Ego or Whiplash but it's often the opposite like Ronan.

But Marvel tends to merge/condense villians more than heroes. So Harrow being a misdirect or merged with another character makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I hope the mystery leaves more mystery to be solved by the end of the mini series. Marc shouldn't be "cured"-- or should he?
    In real life you could cure DID so it could be worth exploring. I liked Hulk's DiD in Immortal Hulk-maybe Bruce went through something similar?

Unlikely but fun to think about.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-21-2022 at 07:17 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    No one is saying that. But the character he IS playing isn't really that great of a character and is one dimensional because he only had the one appearance. That's why many assume there will be a twist. Either they combine rogues or him actually playing Harrow is a red-herring.
    Yeah, fans often want to see villains they know are good in the comics be adapted to live action

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    The TV shows nail that but they benefit from having more time. Occasionally the movies do make villians better like Ego or Whiplash but it's often the opposite like Ronan.

But Marvel tends to merge/condense villians more than heroes. So Harrow being a misdirect or merged with another character makes sense.
    The show villains have been so-so. Agatha's not even evil in the comics and Wanda did worse than she did so Idk why she was villainized. And Flag-Smasher wasn't especially well made, which isn't a stretch considering they're not exactly a top-tier comics villain either. The best villains, oddly, were in Loki where the main character is a villain and the main villain at the end, Kang, was an instant hit (helps that he's actually someone in the comics, too)

I also wouldn't say Whiplash was especially great. But he was a condensed version, I'll give you that.

At the end of the day, execution is what matters most.

Yeah, fans often want to see villains they know are good in the comics be adapted to live action

The show villains have been so-so. Agatha's not even evil in the comics and Wanda did worse than she did so Idk why she was villainized. And Flag-Smasher wasn't especially well made, which isn't a stretch considering they're not exactly a top-tier comics villain either. The best villains, oddly, were in Loki where the main character is a villain and the main villain at the end, Kang, was an instant hit (helps that he's actually someone in the comics, too)

I also wouldn't say Whiplash was especially great. But he was a condensed version, I'll give you that.
    Whiplash is improvement to the comic version. But I guess going from D list to C list isn't huge.

The Netflix shows and Shield/Carter were pretty good at that. They had a few duds ie the Hand but the success rate was pretty good. Luke Cage made you care about a bunch of C list villians.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Whiplash is improvement to the comic version. But I guess going from D list to C list isn't huge.

The Netflix shows and Shield/Carter were pretty good at that. They had a few duds ie the Hand but the success rate was pretty good. Luke Cage made you care about a bunch of C list villians.
    I suppose you could see Whiplash like that. I guess it's just easier to get excited about an A or B list villain, or even a X lister who's at least recognizable enough that you'd look forward to seeing adapted

I’ve had a few days to mull over the trailer and I’m really excited for this show

I think most of the shots we’ve seen are from the first couple of episodes like a lot of Disney plus MCU trailers - I’m assuming the costume is on toward the end of episode 2!

As a lot of people online have pointed out - it’s an interesting way to do an origin story in that we are learning the origins at the same time as Marc/Steven, even though the origin has already happened. It adds a nice little wrinkle and is a great hook for the show.

It makes a lot of sense to start off with Steven, as I think a mercenary is hard for the General Audience to empathise with - using Steven as our starting point and working backwards is a good idea. I unironically love that accent too.

The shots of Khonsu and Moon Knight are very cool and really feels like a “no holds barred” approach to the character, so I’m happy with that!

Song choice was straight up great, especially considering art master Bill Sienkewicz created the cover art for the album that track is from.

I wish it was coming sooner but I’m glad it’s the first new Marvel stuff this year - it looks promising and I’m excited to see one of my favourite characters being played by one of my all time favourite actors!

March is looking to be a good superhero month. For me, The Batman is the appetiser, and Moon Knight’s double episode premiere will be my main course

Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Tripper View Post
    I’ve had a few days to mull over the trailer and I’m really excited for this show

I think most of the shots we’ve seen are from the first couple of episodes like a lot of Disney plus MCU trailers - I’m assuming the costume is on toward the end of episode 2!

As a lot of people online have pointed out - it’s an interesting way to do an origin story in that we are learning the origins at the same time as Marc/Steven, even though the origin has already happened. It adds a nice little wrinkle and is a great hook for the show.

It makes a lot of sense to start off with Steven, as I think a mercenary is hard for the General Audience to empathise with - using Steven as our starting point and working backwards is a good idea. I unironically love that accent too.

The shots of Khonsu and Moon Knight are very cool and really feels like a “no holds barred” approach to the character, so I’m happy with that!

Song choice was straight up great, especially considering art master Bill Sienkewicz created the cover art for the album that track is from.

I wish it was coming sooner but I’m glad it’s the first new Marvel stuff this year - it looks promising and I’m excited to see one of my favourite characters being played by one of my all time favourite actors!

March is looking to be a good superhero month. For me, The Batman is the appetiser, and Moon Knight’s double episode premiere will be my main course
    I'm curious how they'll reconcile it by the end because I assume he'll be Marc Spector again by the end of the season (if only so Oscar Isaac won't have to keep up a fake British accent).