Page 7 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They're definitely treating this as trippy as you would expect a Moon Knight series.

Like, you think it's a typical Oscar Isaac psychological drama and then - boom - Marvel Studios logo !

So it seems like initially we have Steven Lang, UK Native, insomniac and having strange dreams before being haunted by...Khonshu? Or some kind of moon creature? And he doesn't even realize he's Marc Spector until someone (Marlene?) calls him .

Definitely getting pretty trippy with the visuals. You won't know what's real or what's not as much as the protagonist does. Like, does Moon Knight actually transform? Is he actually fighting some kind of CGI monster?

So Ethan Hawke is apparently playing Randall Sparrow, a very minor Moon Knight villain.
    Depending on how this version of Moon Knight's powers work that CGI thing might appear to everyone else as a normal dude.

Hm. Depending on how nuts this version of Moon Knight is it might actually BE a normal guy ( I imagine they will try to keep us guessing on the "exactly how nuts is Moon Knight?" front).

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    It is not like Moon Knight has a big pool of villains to pull from. Most of his are pretty lame.
    Ikr. I'm not super familiar with him but personally I don't know of any major or even minor yet well-known Moon Knight rogues

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Depending on how this version of Moon Knight's powers work that CGI thing might appear to everyone else as a normal dude.

Hm. Depending on how nuts this version of Moon Knight is it might actually BE a normal guy ( I imagine they will try to keep us guessing on the "exactly how nuts is Moon Knight?" front).
    I suspect that he'll not be completely mentally well in the end,

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    Ikr. I'm not super familiar with him but personally I don't know of any major or even minor yet well-known Moon Knight rogues,
    His major rogues are - Bushman, Stained Glass Scarlet, Midnight, Black Spectre and his own brother, Randall Spector/Shadow Knight. I suppose Morpheus counts too. Likewise Sun God and Hunter's Moon.

Then you have lesser known enemies such as chainsaw, dead zone, profile. Then organisations such as the committee and Secret Empire. Cult of Khonshu too.

Bushman is his arch-nemesis. Although I prefer Black Spectre and Midnight more.
    Last edited by Somecrazyaussie; 01-19-2022 at 01:00 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    Arthur Harrow. Who appeared in exactly one issue from what I can tell.

The context in the trailer makes me almost certain they are merging the character with somebody else. The vibe makes me think of something like Sun King from the more recent Bemis run (what, two or three years ago?). Unless I'm misremembering, that character was never given a proper name, just mental health issues and super powers.

I just hope this trailer actually nails the tone of this beast. Because this was close to perfect. Unsettling, tense and with an undercurrent of unreality about it. The bit in the hallway/elevator with what looks to be a Khonshu-esque monster or maybe just an old lady was gold.

This has everything it needs to be awesome. Killer cast, excellent visuals (that suit is looking absolutely fantastic, and I say that as someone who was initially less than thrilled by the early leaked pics), radically different feel to anything we've seen in the MCU thus far. Just be as good as you should be and we'll all be fine.
    I love how people are saying Dr Harrow is a fan favourite villain and I was like, "dude was only a one off in Moon Knights second series!" I only remembered that he had a permanent snarl due to some condition that paralyzed his face.

I agree. They have to be merging him with another villain because there wasn't much to Harrow to begin with. Still, I guess that allows the tv series writers freedom to do something new with the character. He literally is a blank slate.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    It is not like Moon Knight has a big pool of villains to pull from. Most of his are pretty lame.
    Not all of them are lame. But there is only a handful that have been developed enough to be interesting. The rest are usually "one and done" because Moon Knight takes them out. He is a bit like the Punisher in that respect. He isn't meant to have a recurring rogues gallery.

In saying that, the fact so many are undeveloped gives the writers freedom to do something unique/original with them and aren't bound by strict continuity/characterization.

If you strip out the "Evil versions of Moon Knight", half his rogues' gallery disappears.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    His major rogues are - Bushman, Stained Glass Scarlet, Midnight, Black Spectre and his own brother, Randall Spector/Shadow Knight. I suppose Morpheus counts too. Likewise Sun God and Hunter's Moon.

Then you have lesser known enemies such as chainsaw, dead zone, profile. Then organisations such as the committee and Secret Empire. Cult of Khonshu too.

Bushman is his arch-nemesis. Although I prefer Black Spectre and Midnight more.
    There's also conquer lord from his first solo story.

Profile is suppose to be a villain? I thought he was a supporting character

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    If you strip out the "Evil versions of Moon Knight", half his rogues' gallery disappears.
    Which is also true of Batman.

RIP Gaspard Ulliel.

I've read rumors that Hawke is actually going to be Khonshu.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I've read rumors that Hawke is actually going to be Khonshu.
    There needs to be a twist to his character because he wasn't a noteworthy villain to begin with.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    There's also conquer lord from his first solo story.

Profile is suppose to be a villain? I thought he was a supporting character
    Conquer Lord! Yes... Well, he is the epitome of forgettable lol.

The Profile operates in a grey area. He has worked against Moon Knight and only helped Marc after he was blackmailed to do so. So he has been villainous.

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    There needs to be a twist to his character because he wasn't a noteworthy villain to begin with.
    I think he'd be a good Profile.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium