Page 9 of 41 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm curious how they'll reconcile it by the end because I assume he'll be Marc Spector again by the end of the season (if only so Oscar Isaac won't have to keep up a fake British accent).
    I have a feeling it will end with a reference to the classic ending to Lemire’s run - the “We Are Moon Knight” bit. But we’ll see. I also wouldn’t be surprised if it set up a further delve into Marc as a character (not Steven), or throw a curve ball and introduce Jake Lockley to the mix as a cliff hanger. I don’t think they’ll get rid of the multiple personalities though, as it seems to be a major hook for the character in the promotion so far!

Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Tripper View Post
    I have a feeling it will end with a reference to the classic ending to Lemire’s run - the “We Are Moon Knight” bit. But we’ll see. I also wouldn’t be surprised if it set up a further delve into Marc as a character (not Steven), or throw a curve ball and introduce Jake Lockley to the mix as a cliff hanger. I don’t think they’ll get rid of the multiple personalities though, as it seems to be a major hook for the character in the promotion so far!
    That and it's the thing most people associate with Moon Knight.

That and it's the thing most people associate with Moon Knight.
    True true

I also think the ending may set up Bushman, as it seems that we won’t get to MK’s origin til later in the show (or bits and pieces throughout). Loic Mabanza (An actor that looks very similar to Bushman) is rumoured to have been cast. So we’ll probably get bits of him throughout it toward the end!

I’m wondering if we’ll end up with Marc in NYC or Chicago or something by the end of the series

Ultimate Member

It makes a lot of sense to start off with Steven, as I think a mercenary is hard for the General Audience to empathise with - using Steven as our starting point and working backwards is a good idea. I unironically love that accent too.
    I don't disagree with you, but then again, Loki is super popular and people even say "thanos is right" although Idk how many do

I'm curious how they'll reconcile it by the end because I assume he'll be Marc Spector again by the end of the season (if only so Oscar Isaac won't have to keep up a fake British accent).
    What do you think of his accent?

True true

I also think the ending may set up Bushman, as it seems that we won’t get to MK’s origin til later in the show (or bits and pieces throughout). Loic Mabanza (An actor that looks very similar to Bushman) is rumoured to have been cast. So we’ll probably get bits of him throughout it toward the end!

I’m wondering if we’ll end up with Marc in NYC or Chicago or something by the end of the series
    I don't have a problem with the origin not showing in chronological order if it's done like in Shang-Chi

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    What do you think of his accent?
    It sounds like an affected British accent, but serviceable enough.

Ultimate Member

It sounds like an affected British accent, but serviceable enough.
    It sounded real at some points to me and other points it sounded put on. I struggle to think of any American actors who can convincingly pull off any realistic British accents

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    I don't disagree with you, but then again, Loki is super popular and people even say "thanos is right" although Idk how many do

I don't have a problem with the origin not showing in chronological order if it's done like in Shang-Chi

I think supporting a mercenary may be a step too far for a lot of people who like those characters as mercenaries are real, bad people. Especially in today’s climate. Thanos and Loki are easy to separate from their villainous acts because they’re essentially aliens. Mercenary Marc Spector may be a harder sell due to him being a human with DID who is (presumably) Jewish - The character is closer to a real life being. I guess it’ll depend on how they tackle his childhood/mental illness really.

And yeah, I’m very hopeful that it doesn’t play at chronologically. Hopefully, like Wandavision, there’ll be a lot of mysteries to unravel

I think supporting a mercenary may be a step too far for a lot of people who like those characters as mercenaries are real, bad people. Especially in today’s climate. Thanos and Loki are easy to separate from their villainous acts because they’re essentially aliens. Mercenary Marc Spector may be a harder sell due to him being a human with DID who is (presumably) Jewish - The character is closer to a real life being. I guess it’ll depend on how they tackle his childhood/mental illness really.

And yeah, I’m very hopeful that it doesn’t play at chronologically. Hopefully, like Wandavision, there’ll be a lot of mysteries to unravel
    I assume it'll be a non-issue because he won't be a merc once he becomes Marc Spector again because he'll be more Moon Knight.

I assume it'll be a non-issue because he won't be a merc once he becomes Marc Spector again because he'll be more Moon Knight.
    Unfortunately you never know these days, Twitter is a very loud voice especially seeing as the MCU’s target demographic is mainly on there. There are still a lot of people who are vocal of their hatred of Hawkeye due to him killing Yakuza in Endgame (many calling it racist). I just wouldn’t be surprised if those same people were annoyed by a mercenary as a protagonist, with the added minefield of Jewish and mental illness representation.

I hope it works out and, particularly younger people find a way to connect with the show and realise it’s a work of fiction and don’t just write it off due to the main character’s MANY flaws as a human being. You just never know with the strangle hold social media has on headlines these days

Unfortunately you never know these days, Twitter is a very loud voice especially seeing as the MCU’s target demographic is mainly on there. There are still a lot of people who are vocal of their hatred of Hawkeye due to him killing Yakuza in Endgame (many calling it racist). I just wouldn’t be surprised if those same people were annoyed by a mercenary as a protagonist, with the added minefield of Jewish and mental illness representation.

I hope it works out and, particularly younger people find a way to connect with the show and realise it’s a work of fiction and don’t just write it off due to the main character’s MANY flaws as a human being. You just never know with the strangle hold social media has on headlines these days
    I never heard that one...

The Twitter crowd didn't stop Hawkeye from getting his own show, though. They don't really have as much power as people give it credit for. The vast majority of things that get "cancelled" are for good reason, not just because a few people on Twitter complain about it.

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    The Twitter crowd didn't stop Hawkeye from getting his own show, though. They don't really have as much power as people give it credit for. The vast majority of things that get "cancelled" are for good reason, not just because a few people on Twitter complain about it.
    I’m just saying, you never know - especially with a company like Disney!

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

The MCU is too mainstream to be sway by twitter naysayers. You say people won't be receptive to a hero who is a mercenary but that's who the main characters are in Disney+ various Star Wars shows. I haven't seen any complaints about it. The Falcon at the beginning of his show is doing contract work for the military. That technically makes him a mercenary since he's not an active member of the military.

I’m just saying, you never know - especially with a company like Disney!
    But we actually do know, is what I'm saying. We've seen it with your example of Hawkeye. Twitter didn't affect the show going forward in any way.

And, as Immortal points out, we have a show about a bounty hunter in the Mandalorian and a ex-bounty hunter/current crime boss in Boba Fett.

Amazing Member

Love the trailer and can't wait for the series. Wonder how they will handle the different personalities.