Page 1 of 41 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Moon Knight TV Show

Apologies if this thread has already been made - If it has I couldn't find it anywhere! I thought it would be a good idea to give the tv show its own thread so that people can post news/rumours relating to it.

Here's what we know so far:

Moon Knight is coming to Disney+ in 2022. Although we don't have a specific release window, it looks like it will be Spring/Summer, after both She Hulk and Hawkeye premiere.

Oscar Isaac is playing Marc Spector/Moon Knight, who will have Dissociative Identity Disorder. Kevin Feige has said it's an action adventure series that takes some influence from Indiana Jones and heavily features Egyptian iconography. Feige has also indicated that whether or not Moon Knight has powers will be a plot point.

Ethan Hawkes is allegedly playing the antagonist, however it has not been confirmed who he will be playing.

May Calamawy has also been cast, although her role has also not been confirmed.

Head Writer on the series is Jeremy Slater who has previously worked on Umbrella Academy for Netflix.

The directors for the series are Mohamed Diab (Clash, Cairo 678), and Aaron Moorhead & Justin Benson (The Endless, Spring, Synchronic). Diab is an Egyptian film maker whose works are often gritty, grounded commentaries on Egypt's Government and Society, so it will be interesting to see how much this informs the approach for Moon Knight. Moorhead & Benson however have made their names directing low budget horror movies, with psychological twists to them - often involving cosmic horror and otherworldly beings - It will be interesting to see how they depict Khonshu (if they do so at all).

Rumours suggest that this will be a darker entry into the MCU (Although don't expect faces being cut off etc etc) and Marc's mental illness will play a big part in it.

I'm particularly excited for this show - I've been a fan of Moon Knight for years, I've had Oscar Isaac in mind to play him for a couple of years, and I really love the directors that have boarded the project. I really hope it's great.

Can't wait to see the costume .

If they spend too much time on the mythology and not enough on the adventure, it will hurt the show.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Can't wait to see the costume .
    Same, I'm excited to see what route they go with - He's one of the rare characters where any of his costumes would make me happy!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    If they spend too much time on the mythology and not enough on the adventure, it will hurt the show.
    I agree, but I'd be surprised if they spend too much time on mythology. The only reason I say that is because Feige has labelled it as "Action/Adventure" with Egyptian iconography as a backdrop.

I'm also interested in what could be MCU's first vigilante.

looking forward to the show. I wonder what will be the tie-in merchandise.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Tripper View Post
    I'm also interested in what could be MCU's first vigilante.
    Well, Spider-Man, but they don't really focus on that aspect that much.

I guess Hawkeye's Ronin tenure counts as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I'm more concerned with the psychological aspects of the show.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    I'm more concerned with the psychological aspects of the show.
    Its Disney but I hope it gets a little dark and dirty. I really need to reread Lemire's run since I don't remember any of it and his Black Hammer is a great read. MK is my favourite thing in production from Marvel theese days.

three-time juror The Gold Stream's Avatar

seems cool but im still expecting a delightful PG romp like the other marvel shows so far

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Moon Knight is in my personal top 10 favorite Marvel characters so I'm beyond stoked about this show.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Its Disney but I hope it gets a little dark and dirty. I really need to reread Lemire's run since I don't remember any of it and his Black Hammer is a great read. MK is my favourite thing in production from Marvel theese days.
    I think they can go relatively dark as long as it’s not gore/nudity etc. And yeah Lemire’s run was great and really nice, unique follow up to the mister knight stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by The Gold Stream View Post
    seems cool but im still expecting a delightful PG romp like the other marvel shows so far
    To me, the additions of Mohamed Diab and Moorhead & Benson point to it maybe being considerably darker than the other D+ shows. Obviously I could be mistaken and it definitely won’t be as dark as, say Huston’s run on the character, but the talent involved points to something different to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Moon Knight is in my personal top 10 favorite Marvel characters so I'm beyond stoked about this show.
    Me too. The MCU needs some grimdark in their repertoire (IMHO):

Last edited by K7P5V; 06-21-2021 at 05:45 PM. Reason: Added Clarification.

Minor Grinchin'...

Whatever it is that they are doing here? It feels decidedly un-"Moon Knight" to me.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Me too. The MCU needs some grimdark in their repertoire (IMHO):

Who would have predicted based on Characters in the MCU not anyone's fault with the Netflix stuff and the all the rights issues, that Moonknight would be the first mainstream MCU viglante
    Last edited by inisideguy; 06-22-2021 at 12:42 AM.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Minor Grinchin'...

Whatever it is that they are doing here? It feels decidedly un-"Moon Knight" to me.

Mayhaps this is what a mercenary fighting style should look like according to the MCU? MK could use Crescend Darts like knives... To me it looks like a Dark Knight behind the scenes video. I really loved the drunken style from Daredevil.