Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Minor Grinchin'...

Whatever it is that they are doing here? It feels decidedly un-"Moon Knight" to me.

I don't get your complaint.
    Hand to hand combat. Mixed martial arts wouldn't be out of Marc's wheel house.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Minor Grinchin'...

Whatever it is that they are doing here? It feels decidedly un-"Moon Knight" to me.

Idk, looks pretty cool to me. As a mercenary, Marc should be able to handle himself in a fight - and it reminds me of that issue from Ellis' run where he works his way through the thugs in the building

Astonishing Member

Minor Grinchin'...

How does it look "un-Moon Knight"? Marc know how to fight in the comics. The fight choreography here is on point. We just need for him to be wielding crescent darts and sound effects of bones breaking and we are in business.

Forgot to mention in the initial post, but Gregory Middleton is the cinematographer and he’s done some of the best episodes of Watchmen and GoT!

Fantastic Member

How do you feel about the casting of Spector…thought they might choose a bigger and more athletic guy. Their choices for mk and manor have been puzzling..

Quote Originally Posted by obatalla View Post
    How do you feel about the casting of Spector…thought they might choose a bigger and more athletic guy. Their choices for mk and manor have been puzzling..
    I'm surprised they didn't get someone younger, but I'm happy with it. The most important thing to me is the acting, not his build.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Long ago, 1989, I realized that when Hollywood convinced me(so many of us) that Michael Keaton could pull off Batman that indeed the talent of said actor was the most important thing.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Yeah, like the other posters above I feel it's more important to look at the acting skill as opposed to their height/build. Charlie Cox as Daredevil is a good example imo - he's quite short and not super built but he still convinced me he was able to beat people to a pulp. Oscar Isaac has some really great performances under his belt too, so I think he can bring justice to MK.

Mighty Member

How so? Acting should ALWAYS come first. Stunt performers and good choreography can make almost anyone into a believable badass. And frankly, I've been impressed by Oscar Isaac in virtually everything I've seen him in. He oozes charisma in the SW ST, even if the movies suck. Hell, he even almost managed to make Apocalypse interesting in an otherwise terrible X-men film.

I'm super excited about him playing MK. Honestly, the D+ casting has all been amazing so far, at least on paper. Give Marvel Studios credit, they almost always seem to find the right person for the role. (Note to Marvel Studios, find a way to keep Charlie Cox and Vincent D in their Daredevil roles and you'll get another cookie in that department.)

I'm hard pressed to think of a major Marvel role that I've ended up being disappointed in. Finn Jones as Iron Fist is their only real miss, and that was Marvel TV, not Marvel Studios proper. And hell, there is a case where they cast for the look and completely missed the boat on the performance.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    How so? Acting should ALWAYS come first. Stunt performers and good choreography can make almost anyone into a believable badass. And frankly, I've been impressed by Oscar Isaac in virtually everything I've seen him in. He oozes charisma in the SW ST, even if the movies suck. Hell, he even almost managed to make Apocalypse interesting in an otherwise terrible X-men film.

I'm super excited about him playing MK. Honestly, the D+ casting has all been amazing so far, at least on paper. Give Marvel Studios credit, they almost always seem to find the right person for the role. (Note to Marvel Studios, find a way to keep Charlie Cox and Vincent D in their Daredevil roles and you'll get another cookie in that department.)

I'm hard pressed to think of a major Marvel role that I've ended up being disappointed in. Finn Jones as Iron Fist is their only real miss, and that was Marvel TV, not Marvel Studios proper. And hell, there is a case where they cast for the look and completely missed the boat on the performance.
    Disagree on the Apocalypse part. Iono what he was going for and its probably all on the people behind the camera. That was horrible. I'd throw his suckered punch performance in instead of Apoclypse. Cause that movie and everyone in it is awful, except Isaac's. The character is nothing special but he brings some charisma to a despicable character.

Astonishing Member

I don't know if they casted Iron Fist wrong. They wrote the character as a bozo. I mean I don't know if the guy is a good actor or not but how can any actor deal with how they wrote him?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Disagree on the Apocalypse part. Iono what he was going for and its probably all on the people behind the camera. That was horrible. I'd throw his suckered punch performance in instead of Apoclypse. Cause that movie and everyone in it is awful, except Isaac's. The character is nothing special but he brings some charisma to a despicable character.
    In fairness, I did say almost.

And no, there is nothing remotely redeemable about Sucker Punch. An awful movie in literally every way.

In fairness, I did say almost.

And no, there is nothing remotely redeemable about Sucker Punch. An awful movie in literally every way.
    When I saw it I literally thought to myself that was garbage but I hope to see more of that guy(Oscsr Isaac's, though I didn't know his name until Ex Machinea I think). Anyway I had huge crushes on Jamie Chung and Vaneesa Hudgens and that film made me second guess that.

In terms of physicality, I don't think you need someone to convey "athleticism" any more than any other action star. Marc Spector was a mercenary, not a martial artist. He's somewhat nimble, but closer to John Wick than Daredevil. MK's a good fighter, but he drops down from the Moon Copter to bash people's skulls in, not dance around rooftops. So I have zero problems with Oscar Isaac's physical appearance.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/comic...-midnight-man/

Gaspard Ulliel has apparently been cast as Midnight Man! Will be interesting to see how he fits into the narrative seeing as Hawke is supposedly the main villain.

Oscar Isaac also spoke about the show the other day, calling it “wild”.