Page 15 of 41 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    It would be hard to do the comics version of Steven Grant without everyone and their dog yelling "Batman ripoff" and it's not like they'd be wrong either.
    Which is exactly what the character is. This MK purist would've preferred they do the character justice from an OG standpoint(meaning ignore all the DID retconning the last 15yrs) and let the chips fall where they lay. I firmly believe they could have, they just opted not to.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

The street performer that Steven was talking to is confirm to be Bertrand Crawley

BANNED

Watched yesterday.
    I'm VERY DISAPPOINTED!!!!!!!!
    I was expecting a silly, children-oriented, toy-selling parody like "Iron Man 3", "Thor: Ragnarok" or "Spider-Man: Far From Home", and instead I got an intense, brilliant and genuinely thrilling TV show.
    I think that MCU fans will boycott this. I feel sorry for Oscar Isaac (a true actor)...

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

First episode was absolutely fantastic, the action was solid and the world building they managed in just a single episode was great.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    First episode was absolutely fantastic, the action was solid and the world building they managed in just a single episode was great.
    You nailed it.

Quote Originally Posted by James T. Kirk View Post
    Could Ammit be a Pah-wraith?
    Haha, now that would be a twist!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Which is exactly what the character is. This MK purist would've preferred they do the character justice from an OG standpoint(meaning ignore all the DID retconning the last 15yrs) and let the chips fall where they lay. I firmly believe they could have, they just opted not to.
    Of course they could have done it that way, but they clearly thought this was the most interesting route to go down. I think it’s fair to say that the DID retcon has re-defined MK in modern times, and I think it works to set him apart. Personally speaking, I’ve got too much Batman shoved down my throat as it is, I don’t need Marvel adding to it haha

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

In this interview Issac said that he's only contracted for this series
    https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/moo...er-1235219568/

That's interesting. It isn't Marvel style to do a one and done.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post

It hasn't been. But now that the MCU is getting so large (from a character standpoint) they don't necessarily need to rely on everybody to keep coming back. Which maybe opens the door for more flexible options like what they seem to have given Oscar Isaac.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Interesting thing is, if they went with the original comics, we'd see Marc doing questionable things in a far-off land, partner up with someone who becomes like a brother, finds out that this brother is a bit more murderous than our hero would like, they have a falling out when the hero refuses to murder an innocent, they fight - one of them almost dies, then the hero returns home a super-rich guy who pretends to be an irresponsible playboy, while going out to fight crime at night. Where have we seen that in a movie? "Batman Begins", which is only loosely based on Batman's comics origins, but is exactly Marc's comic book origin. So who copied whom?
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 04-01-2022 at 09:39 AM.

I believe Feige recently said they’ve abolished their old model of massive contracts, they’re hoping that the stories, characters, work environment, and most importantly money, will keep actors coming back!

The street performer that Steven was talking to is confirm to be Bertrand Crawley
    I wonder if he'll actually talk to him...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Tripper View Post
    I believe Feige recently said they’ve abolished their old model of massive contracts, they’re hoping that the stories, characters, work environment, and most importantly money, will keep actors coming back!
    I can see the plus and the minus...maybe no one is guaranteed to come back, which could be a problem (or an excuse for renegotiation) but people don't get stuck with a daunting long-term commitment.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I can see the plus and the minus...maybe no one is guaranteed to come back, which could be a problem (or an excuse for renegotiation) but people don't get stuck with a daunting long-term commitment.
    Yeah definitely some pro’s and con’s, but I think more actors like Oscar Isaac will be willing to do this stuff if the cards are essentially in their hands - most actors seem to really enjoy working with Marvel because it seems to be quite collaborative for them, where they’re free to add ideas. I imagine for a lot of actors that’s a good selling point - I particular Can’t wait to see what Jonathan Majors gets to do with Kang!

Amazing Member

Great Start and I can't wait for the next episode. That they did not show what Marc did added to it and I wonder if we will get an episode from Marcs point of view down the line. But just 5 remaining episodes may leave no room for that. The scene in the bathroom was awesome and I felt almost sorry for the other one.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant 77 View Post
    Watched yesterday.
    I'm VERY DISAPPOINTED!!!!!!!!
    I was expecting a silly, children-oriented, toy-selling parody like "Iron Man 3", "Thor: Ragnarok" or "Spider-Man: Far From Home", and instead I got an intense, brilliant and genuinely thrilling TV show.
    I think that MCU fans will boycott this. I feel sorry for Oscar Isaac (a true actor)...
    I dont see that as a bad thing considering the show they have next is Ms Marvel, However I am not watching the show... for now, but I am following the coverage, reviews and fans feedback as I do with most comic stuff.

I still realized I am kind of a bit comic book fatigued when it comes to sitting down to watch the show/movies. However, some of the more in-depth reviews from the Hollywood reporter, IGN and comic book movie, they said the show was like a Disney take of FX Legion , which by any standard I will see as a good reception for the MCU than the status quo of Iron Man 3, Thor Ragnarok , Far from Home and so forth.
    Last edited by Castle; 04-01-2022 at 02:05 PM.