Page 13 of 41 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Being at a London museum, I wonder if he'll run into Sersi (not knowing when this takes place) or more likely, Dane. (I don't recall what museum was used in "Eternals.")
    I don’t think it’s likely (at least in this show) unless it’s a post credits scene at the end. I imagine the gift shop won’t play a huge part going forward due to Marc becoming known to Steven

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I didn't like the Steven Grant personality. Bumbling and awkward is not what I want from Moon Knight. It doesn't feel right. Behind that I enjoyed the first episode. I have to question why Marc kept giving control back to Steven during the chase scene when they were still in danger.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I didn't like the Steven Grant personality. Bumbling and awkward is not what I want from Moon Knight. It doesn't feel right. Behind that I enjoyed the first episode. I have to question why Marc kept giving control back to Steven during the chase scene when they were still in danger.
    It’s an acquired taste I guess, but to me it makes sense - someone who is the complete opposite to Marc and has a completely different life. I think they haven’t really been able to crack MK’s alters in the comics in making them feel that different to Marc, so it makes sense to me. If I’m correct Marc did mention that Steven wasn’t letting him take control

Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Tripper View Post
    It’s an acquired taste I guess, but to me it makes sense - someone who is the complete opposite to Marc and has a completely different life. I think they haven’t really been able to crack MK’s alters in the comics in making them feel that different to Marc, so it makes sense to me. If I’m correct Marc did mention that Steven wasn’t letting him take control
    For the type of hero Moon Knight is having a persona that's a socially awkward doofus doesn't click. I would have preferred if the show went the cabbie route but I guess there's no way they can tie Egypt with that.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Being at a London museum, I wonder if he'll run into Sersi (not knowing when this takes place) or more likely, Dane. (I don't recall what museum was used in "Eternals.")
    Was it even named? I don't remember.

Bumbling and awkward is not what I want from Moon Knight. It doesn't feel right.
    This.

I have to question why Marc kept giving control back to Steven during the chase scene when they were still in danger.
    Excellent point. What the hell?

If I’m correct Marc did mention that Steven wasn’t letting him take control
    How could he, though? He didn't know Marc existed.

For the type of hero Moon Knight is having a persona that's a socially awkward doofus doesn't click.
    This again.

Mighty Member

I have to question why Marc kept giving control back to Steven during the chase scene when they were still in danger.
    What on Earth makes you think he was giving it? That's the problem. Steven has somehow become dominant and seems able to TAKE control back even at inopportune moments, without any conscious awareness of what is happening. Which is why Marc had to convince Steven to willingly give him control at the end.

Marc isn't giving Steven anything. He's losing control to him.

Quote Originally Posted by James T. Kirk View Post
    How could he, though? He didn't know Marc existed.
    It’s all subconscious right? There must be some part of Steven that realises, not to mention we actively see him trying to avoid sleeping because he knows he’s getting blank spots, which is seemingly when Marc takes over.

For the type of hero Moon Knight is having a persona that's a socially awkward doofus doesn't click. I would have preferred if the show went the cabbie route but I guess there's no way they can tie Egypt with that.
    For me it does. It’s cool to have him be completely different to Marc. It’s given a nice contrast between them and made it seem like Marc is a bit of an older brother, which I like. I also think Moon Knight/Marc can still be badass/capable without Steven being so too; again, I like them being opposites.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    I'm a bit surprised at the lukewarm reactions so far. This was fantastic. Oscar Isaac is killing it so far. There is great tension in the story, even if the "mystery" element is pretty obvious to comic book fans. I love using Steven as our entrance to this world. Somebody who is completely a part of what is going on, but who knows and understands absolutely none of it right along with the rest of the audience.

The bit with the replaced goldfish had me cracking up. The "replace it and he'll never notice" trope with the fish pet used to tremendous effect.

Overall this was a really strong start. And the suit looks fantastic. Really curious about the villain and what's going on here. Hopefully the rest of the run can maintain this level of quality.
    Agreed. I thought this was a great opening episode, and Isaac is giving it his all.

What on Earth makes you think he was giving it? That's the problem. Steven has somehow become dominant and seems able to TAKE control back even at inopportune moments, without any conscious awareness of what is happening. Which is why Marc had to convince Steven to willingly give him control at the end.

Marc isn't giving Steven anything. He's losing control to him.
    It’s all subconscious right? There must be some part of Steven that realises, not to mention we actively see him trying to avoid sleeping because he knows he’s getting blank spots, which is seemingly when Marc takes over.
    Fair enough, I guess.

For me it does. It’s cool to have him be completely different to Marc. It’s given a nice contrast between them and made it seem like Marc is a bit of an older brother, which I like. I also think Moon Knight/Marc can still be badass/capable without Steven being so too; again, I like them being opposites.
    I don't need him to be a total badass in his civilian identity as well. For who Moon Knight is I would have preferred Marc's parallel to be a down to earth everyman type than what Steven got turned into.

Extraordinary Member

I'm a bit surprised at the lukewarm reactions so far.
    Most of the audience and critics think its really good so far,so the reactions are not luke warm.

Moon knight RT scores
    SEASON 1 TOMATOMETER 84%
    AUDIENCE SCORE 92%

SEASON 1 > EPISODE 1 TOMATOMETER 92%

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/moon_knight/s01
    https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/moon_knight/s01/e01

Mighty Member

Loved the first episode.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Most of the audience and critics think its really good so far,so the reactions are not luke warm.
    *woosh, as context flies right over your head*

Take a look at the half dozen posts before mine, and you'll see why I made the comment I did.