Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Ethan Hawke was interviewed about Moon Knight by Seth Meyers:

Some interesting tidbits:

Oscar Isaac asked him to star in the show via a chance meeting at a coffee shop.

Hawke had a lot of praise for the sets and cinematography, claiming they’re some of the best he’s worked with

He’s basing his character partly off of David Karesh (from this, I think he’s playing Sun King from the 2018 comic series)

He’s mentioned “Summoning ancient gods”

ALSO
    A photo of Moon Knight’s costume has leaked. I won’t share it here for obvious reasons, but it’s out there. Pretty comic accurate, and, IMO looks fantastic.

Very excited about the upcoming Moon Knight series. Sounds awesome so far.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Tripper View Post
    A photo of Moon Knight’s costume has leaked. I won’t share it here for obvious reasons, but it’s out there. Pretty comic accurate, and, IMO looks fantastic.
    I couldn't disagree more. Static images are always dangerous to judge, it could look a lot better in motion (if this is even the actual look at all). But I thought the leak looked awful. Maybe not Cap's "America's Ass" look bad, but not good.

That said, I'm fully prepared to like it more once we get an actual look at it, particularly in motion. Leaks rarely do these things justice.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    I couldn't disagree more. Static images are always dangerous to judge, it could look a lot better in motion (if this is even the actual look at all). But I thought the leak looked awful. Maybe not Cap's "America's Ass" look bad, but not good.

That said, I'm fully prepared to like it more once we get an actual look at it, particularly in motion. Leaks rarely do these things justice.
    That was my first thought as well.

(Goes double for when it hit me that they could simply have gone with the "Mr. Knight..." look.)

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post

(Goes double for when it hit me that they could simply have gone with the "Mr. Knight..." look.)
    Seems like people either love it or hate it. Is it the mummy wrap look that bothers you?

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Seems like people either love it or hate it. Is it the mummy wrap look that bothers you?
    Not really?

While I guess that there is a version of that take on it that works?

If it's that "Version..." of the suit, I am pretty partial to that white over black suit from the Ellis run.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post

That’s fair enough - I’m a big fan of it. I’m assuming it’s a first suit for him, maybe literally taken off of the statue of Khonsu. I’m also surprised they went so comic accurate, especially for a fully white (or light grey) costume. It’s also nice to see that the MCU isn’t just using their usual fabrics/looks for it. It being made out of rags/mummy wrap intrigues me. And hopefully we’re finally getting a superhero where we can have fully whited out eyes lol

I will say, my only real problem with the suit at this moment is the hood. But, as you said, I’m hoping that’ll look better . Im thinking the cape will be added in post too if the concept art is legit
    Last edited by Jack The Tripper; 08-15-2021 at 01:57 AM.

I’m thinking this is literally a costume that may be found in the ruins of the pyramid. So I think it’ll have a story reason. I’m sure other versions of the suit will be used in following seasons/movies!

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I saw the leaks and I'm not a fan of how the costume looks. He looks like Ragman to me

I hope that several trade paperbacks are made available by the time that the series is released. Also other merchandise, too. The baseball cap that's already out there is great, and the lounge pants.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I saw the leaks and I'm not a fan of how the costume looks. He looks like Ragman to me
    There's a few different costumes it looks like. I think he starts looking like Ragman but evolves into a more comic-accurate Moon Knight suit.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I hope that several trade paperbacks are made available by the time that the series is released. Also other merchandise, too. The baseball cap that's already out there is great, and the lounge pants.
    I think they will be. The epic collections have started to be reprinted (and an omnibus too). I’m sure we’ll get reissues of Huston and Lemire’s runs at least. Warren Ellis’ issues remain to be seen due to the allegations made against him! I’m sure there will be a lot of merch too! I’m excited!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    There's a few different costumes it looks like. I think he starts looking like Ragman but evolves into a more comic-accurate Moon Knight suit.
    Yeah, I’m looking forward to seeing progress. Not to mention every MCU hero gets a new suit with each new movie!

I don't think they want to do anything to remind anyone of Warren Ellis.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    You can't really remind Disney+ subscribers of a person that they have never heard of...

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Sad to hear we won't be seeing either of Ellis' versions of Mr. Knight or "ghost-busting" Moon Knight.

I suppose this'll probably allay any budgetary concerns, though.
    Last edited by K7P5V; 02-13-2022 at 08:49 AM. Reason: Corrected Grammatical Errors.