Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 313738394041

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Most of the shows have had pre-existing actors / characters, like Wanda, Falcon & Winter Soldier or Loki, so it's pretty amazing how strongly Isaac's has landed this performance, since he didn't have a built-in MCU fanbase. He really has killed it here.
    Definitely, he glided right in you could say! I'm sure it's not the last we've seen of him or Moon Knight, wherever else he shows up I'll be excited.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant 77 View Post
    Episode 6 was visually fascinating, but I just wanted Moon Knight in his full Moon Knight mode, fighting alone against evil. I did not want an Avengers-like sidekick helping him. Everything in the Disney MCU franchise must turn into a SUPERHERO-CROWDED FEST for the sake of the Almighty Disney Continuity and the next Avengers phase to be introduced. Formula, formula, formula.

I just wanted Moon Knight fighting Harrow and his men without Scarlet Scarab or any other Marvel superhero, and no "Jake Lockley Blackout" stopping us to see how much Moon Knight is able to save the day at the very end.

PLUS, I don't like that Marc and Steven are now able to switch in a matter of picoseconds, as well as Moon Knight and Mr. Knight co-existing in a fight.

The ending is very confusing, especially the Asylum scene.

So again, Disney screwed it.
    Although I understand not being into Layla becoming a superhero I don’t really understand how it links to setting up the next phase of Avengers or Disney continuity? She was always going to be part of the climax as we’ve seen her have fighting skill already, they just gave her powers. I personally love the blackouts, especially in the context of Jake Lockley being a mystery going forward. It adds to it imo

Which asylum scene? The first one was Marc/Steven’s organising principal- basically just them proving to themselves that they aren’t crazy and overcoming their paranoia, and the second one with Harrow in the wheelchair is real life.

The finale wasn’t the best episode in the season but it wrapped itself up neatly without feeling it missed anything, I personally wouldn’t consider Disney having screwed it

Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Tripper View Post
    The finale wasn’t the best episode in the season but it wrapped itself up neatly without feeling it missed anything, I personally wouldn’t consider Disney having screwed it
    One loose end, is what happened with all of Harrow/Ammit's followers? Did they face any repercussions for mass murder or did they get away? Are they just in hiding and plotting revenge and how did they not free Ammit from the asylum before Jake got there?

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    One loose end, is what happened with all of Harrow/Ammit's followers? Did they face any repercussions for mass murder or did they get away? Are they just in hiding and plotting revenge and how did they not free Ammit from the asylum before Jake got there?
    I think the implication was that they were all at the battle and Jake killed them all. At least anyone that traveled with Harrow but I think the implication was they all followed him.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think the implication was that they were all at the battle and Jake killed them all. At least anyone that traveled with Harrow but I think the implication was they all followed him.
    I mean.... there were a LOT of them...

Was that everyone else's takeaway?

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I mean.... there were a LOT of them...

Was that everyone else's takeaway?
    Part of the problem was Moon Knight and Layla being overwhelmed because there were so many of them, which is why they needed Deus Jake Machina to resolve the plot.

https://discussingfilm.net/2022/06/2...ive-interview/

Here's an interview with the showrunner.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    https://discussingfilm.net/2022/06/2...ive-interview/

Here's an interview with the showrunner.
    Nice to read that he also feels the current Jed Mckay run is really good. I feel it is also.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

Oscar was great in the role for sure. Still didn't care for the show as a whole tho. I was bored to tears.