Page 6 of 41 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Well, that was certainly a bummer.

It's like someone saw Jessica Jones, and a light bulb went off.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

So Ethan Hawke is apparently playing Randall Sparrow, a very minor Moon Knight villain.

Arthur Harrow. Who appeared in exactly one issue from what I can tell.

The context in the trailer makes me almost certain they are merging the character with somebody else. The vibe makes me think of something like Sun King from the more recent Bemis run (what, two or three years ago?). Unless I'm misremembering, that character was never given a proper name, just mental health issues and super powers.

I just hope this trailer actually nails the tone of this beast. Because this was close to perfect. Unsettling, tense and with an undercurrent of unreality about it. The bit in the hallway/elevator with what looks to be a Khonshu-esque monster or maybe just an old lady was gold.

This has everything it needs to be awesome. Killer cast, excellent visuals (that suit is looking absolutely fantastic, and I say that as someone who was initially less than thrilled by the early leaked pics), radically different feel to anything we've seen in the MCU thus far. Just be as good as you should be and we'll all be fine.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They're definitely treating this as trippy as you would expect a Moon Knight series.

Like, you think it's a typical Oscar Isaac psychological drama and then - boom - Marvel Studios logo !

So it seems like initially we have Steven Lang, UK Native, insomniac and having strange dreams before being haunted by...Khonshu? Or some kind of moon creature? And he doesn't even realize he's Marc Spector until someone (Marlene?) calls him .

Definitely getting pretty trippy with the visuals. You won't know what's real or what's not as much as the protagonist does. Like, does Moon Knight actually transform? Is he actually fighting some kind of CGI monster?

So Ethan Hawke is apparently playing Randall Sparrow, a very minor Moon Knight villain.
    the closed caption said it was Layla that called him Marc

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Well, that was certainly a bummer.

It's like someone saw Jessica Jones, and a light bulb went off.
    Who had multiple personality in Jessica Jones? It has been awhile since i watched the first season and half of the second season.
    Last edited by Tofali; 01-18-2022 at 12:00 AM.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post

Who had multiple personality in Jessica Jones? It has been awhile since i watched the first season and half of the second season.
    Not really that...

Mostly that the "Villain..." component really had me thinking "Huh... This feels kind of familiar..."

Ultimate Member

My opinion on the modern take of Moon Knight is a bit contrary to what most people love.

I find the whole "Is Khonshu real or not" stuff in the comics to be unrealistic and comes across as a retcon. Seriously, the usage of different disguises doesn't lead to DID (although it's all been retconned to Marc having DID as a kid or something).

The Marvel universe is filled with all sorts of supernatural beings and the existence of Khonshu isn't a stretch at all. Not to mention that Khonshu himself powered up Moon Knight (originally) but all that seems to have been abandoned now. I have no problem with depictions of DID but the comics have sometimes "glamorized" this and it rubs me the wrong way.

Anyhow, the tv series looks fine I guess. Not sure about Oscar Isaac's British accent though, it sounds a little a parody.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Anyhow, the tv series looks fine I guess. Not sure about Oscar Isaac's British accent though, it sounds a little a parody.
    It might intentionally sound fake or exaggerated because he's not really British, this identity is.

Amazing Member

I like the idea of Oscar Isaac in the role of Moon Knight but my concern would be the follow up. Would he want to continue in what is essentially a TV role or is this a one and done season so he can resume being a film actor until the point down the line where Moon Knight might be used on the big screen? I've always dug Moon Knight and would like his series to continue
    Last edited by hbomb450; 01-18-2022 at 11:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hbomb450 View Post
    I like the idea of Oscar Isaac in the role of Moon Knight but my concern would be the follow up. Would he want to continue in what is essentially a TV role or is this a one and done season so he can resume being a film actor until the point down the line where Moon Knight might be used on big screen? I've always dug Moon Knight and would like his series to continue
    I think he might go in and out depending on where they can fit him in.

Quote Originally Posted by hbomb450 View Post
    I like the idea of Oscar Isaac in the role of Moon Knight but my concern would be the follow up. Would he want to continue in what is essentially a TV role or is this a one and done season so he can resume being a film actor until the point down the line where Moon Knight might be used on big screen? I've always dug Moon Knight and would like his series to continue
    I'm pretty sure that would have been covered prior to him accepting the role. At this point, everyone knows what the MCU is and how it will likely be a job involving multiple appearances in tv series/films. I wouldn't be concerned with that too much.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Not really that...

Mostly that the "Villain..." component really had me thinking "Huh... This feels kind of familiar..."
    The villain is in the trailer for maybe two seconds and says 1 sentence

Ultimate Member

Obscure 1 issue villain being promoted to main villain for some reason? Sounds like the MCU! I was hoping someone anyone's actually heard of might be the main antagonist

I'm always iffy on Americans attempting British or Irish accents, but I don't think this one is too bad, at least from the clips

I'm hoping Harrow is apart of the Cult of Khonshu like a recruiter/figurehead.

There's a good chance that it will wind up being another specific villain.

Would be interesting if they did something else, but this feels a bit like an existing villain.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    Obscure 1 issue villain being promoted to main villain for some reason? Sounds like the MCU! I was hoping someone anyone's actually heard of might be the main antagonist

I'm always iffy on Americans attempting British or Irish accents, but I don't think this one is too bad, at least from the clips
    It is not like Moon Knight has a big pool of villains to pull from. Most of his are pretty lame.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    It is not like Moon Knight has a big pool of villains to pull from. Most of his are pretty lame.
    I was expecting Bushman would be the primary antagonist of the show. He was the guy who killed Marc and sealed him in the tomb. He also infamously got his face ripped off in the Houston run.