Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Doom is a scientist and sorceror who has outsmarted and defeated The Beyonder and Galactus and Silver Surfer.

Palpatine's little lackey is of no concern for Victor.

Vader never once won a battle in a fair fight with an evenly matched opponent in the Star Wars films.

The Jedis can move and levitate objects at will, can mentally rewrite memories and manipulate people's minds, can jump and move about very fast and they can do all that without calling their motions. Oh and Jedi have lightsabers and aren't shy about using that, and blasters.
    In Prisoner of Azkaban, wizards were shown to have telekinesis.

In Order of the phoenix, snape and harry potter manipulated each others mind but beyond that, Snape was teaching harry potter had to discipline his mind so no one, not even the all powerful Voldemort can interfere. Also dumbledore can choose to remove and store a memory at will. I am posting this clip because it is one of the magical abilities I liked a lot as I thought it was very creative

Jedis may jump and move fast, but wizards can teleport. this is still a far better advantage, I have seen this again with Buffy vs Dark Willow and Anya. Sure Buffy was very fast in running speed but Willow and Anya been teleporters because they knew basic magical spells meant they could reach Andrew and Jonathan on time far better than Buffy. that same logic would apply with Jedis and HP Wizards.

Also Dumbledore was teleporting alone with ease while Fred and George were just doing it for fun.

jedi had light sabers sure but wands can also block unfriendly spells, which I am guessing is the equivalent of gun blast in HP that light Sabers can block but again, star wars technology may be limited in the HP universe like every muggle technology.

While I like both HP and SW and even think their story is 70% similar Wizards just have far more feats. I think you also have to remember the Force is still seen more as a mystery or religion, while the magic of harry potter is just primary fantasy.

If I had to be a HP wizard or a Jedi going into a battle, I will be more comfortable with been a wizard than a jedi. at least if I am loosing I can teleport out and fast and doing other flaky magical tricks even if it is turning into a mouse and hiding from the bad guys.

Also I just remembered Rey and Klyo Ren were doing the mind game stuff in Episode 8 and 9, similar to Harry and Voldemort in HP 5.

I think what I have seen, so far in both series, Wizards can do everything Jedis can but Jedis cant do everything that Wizards can, so wizards still have the advantage.
    Last edited by Castle; 06-20-2021 at 03:53 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    What did I not see about Mystique in the movies?
    How does here manipulation of her cells make her as strong as Thor? Can she defeat the Hulk in a fight? If you cut off her head, or blow her up, does she live? I don't see how she is the top tier of power.
    Please ask the scientists since it is not about a MCU vs X-MEN debate although the irony is rich when you think the two strongest marvel characters are mutants and not even in the MCU yet.

Maybe you don't get to cut off her head, because she can choose to have none?
    Last edited by Castle; 06-20-2021 at 03:39 PM.

I guess the "scientists", really just student needs, have some strange criteria.

Honourable mentions go out to X-Men duo Wolverine and Mystique who were close contenders for the title of world’s finest in the student papers with their multitude of mutant abilities – including increased regenerative capacity and, in the case of Mystique, a mastery of gene manipulation to aid in disguise.
    It's not scientific, since there isn't any real data, it's just fan fiction.

7 years of papers and their list is no better or more valid than a group of fans getting high.
    Last edited by Kirby101; 06-20-2021 at 06:04 PM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

BANNED

While I may be labeled a "liar" as I really don't tend to care about who can beat who in a fight, I do see Batgod as possibly being able to be able to beat Superman in a fight even if Superman does want to take him down. Logically speaking Superman could just pick up a rock, throw it from thousands of feet away at his head, and take him out without much trouble. I feel like he'd probably want to do something face to face though, and up close in a world where magic and kryptonite and Fourth World technology exists I'm sure Batman has some nonsense he can pull out of his bag of tricks. Some contingency for when a speedster approaches, etc.

I honestly never asked myself this kind of question… I like stories when they are well-written, compelling, done by a talented professional, I trust him/her to do a good job and I get carried away…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Did you ever outgrow this argument of who would win a battle and just don't get into them anymore but care more about their story telling and character development?
    My interest waned greatly, but it didn't go away.

Buffy vs Blade
    Don't care

Goku vs Superman
    Superman, no question

Superman vs Sentry
    Superman is more level headed, so that helps greatly.

Magneto vs Darth Vader
    Never had that in mind

Batman vs Superman
    Have you read Death in the Family? Superman's depiction there is the most accurate it will ever be between these two.
    And nobody should be able to brainwash someone as fast moving and as clever as Superman.

Batman vs Iron Man
    Iron Man. His alien battling armor can take down the batmobile, batwing, bath and body, and melt his utility belt.

Dr Doom vs Darth Vader
    Never thought of this, it should be an interesting fight. But Doom has a greater chance of winning with all his knowledge and skills.

Jedis vs Harry Potter Wizards
    Potter wizards barely use magic in battles, Jedi knights are more skilled fighters. I don't even need to consider who wins.

Dumbledore vs Gandalf

Throw in Alice in Wonderland vs Dorothy from Wizard of Oz
    These last two are just fighting for the sake of fighting, isn't that the case?
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    They lost me at Mystique.
    Seriously. Great character, sure. But strongest?! At what? Maybe sex appeal.

I kind of stopped caring about VS fights when Spider-Man was beating Iron Man 2020 or Firelord with bare fists.

Buffy vs Blade
    Meh. My fight ends with them hooking up... because it makes more sense than Buffy and Spike.

Goku vs Superman
    My Dragonball knowledge is next to zero. I can barely tell Goku from Vegeta.

Superman vs Sentry
    As much as I loathe him, I'll probably have to give it to Sentry. At least, Marvel lets him do more crap than DC allows Clark.

Magneto vs Darth Vader
    Vader's cybernetic? Tsk tsk tsk.

Batman vs Superman
    My Superman outthinks the "Batgod."

Batman vs Iron Man
    Stark's got better toys.

Dr Doom vs Darth Vader
    Star Wars-verse doesn't really compete with superheroes.

Jedis vs Harry Potter Wizards
    Hogwarts FTW!

Dumbledore vs Gandalf
    Gandalf in all things that really matter.

Superman is factually the strongest comic book character of all time and strongest male. Mystique takes it for female.

1) Superman

2) Wolverine

3) Mystique

4) Thor

5) The Flash

6) Spider-Man

7) Batman

8) The Lizard

9) Iron Man

10) Silver Surfer
    I just can't take any of this list seriously.
    Last edited by MyriVerse; 06-21-2021 at 11:59 AM.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Boisterously Confused

I will try to be logical and objective by giving good reasons of who I think will win based on the factual cannon events

...Magneto for the reason that as powerful as the Force is, The Force cannot give Vader a new body and as long as Vader relies on machines and his suit is made of metal and irons. Magneto physically still has the advantage.
    Your logic is sound, except that we don't know what Darth Vader's armor is made of. We know what it looks like, but that's based on assumptions rooted in the technology we are familiar with. Could be it's made out of materials that have no relationship to magnetism or ferrous metals of any form. Not saying you're wrong, Just that there are enough ambiguities to make the outcome uncertain.
    Last edited by DrNewGod; 06-25-2021 at 08:06 AM.

Incredible Member

I never even cared that much as a kid and don't care now, except in one specific scenario.... when people are WRONG! (That list is trash).

The biggest arguments I remember from my childhood about comics were Marvel vs. DC. Once Jack Kirby moved over to DC with his New Gods, it didn't seem to matter as much.