Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Default Question about DCUnlimited.

Does it have EVERY story ever published?
    Assassinate Putin!

Fantastic Member oneveryfineday's Avatar

Do you mean DC Universe Infinite? If so, then no

I’m not sure about the modern stuff but I’d guess almost all of it is digitized, but not all of the Golden or Silver Age stories.

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Does it have EVERY story ever published?
    No. It's catalog is basically the same as Comixology. There are a lot of gaps in the Superman lines (in most lines actually) as far as the older backissues. Like Action has about 400 issues I think? Even Post Crisis like Adventures of Superman is incomplete missing the Rucka run. It's definitely go a ton, and they do add more and more each month. But it is not complete.

Astonishing Member

Even within a particular series, the continuous runs jump around (rather than are just all sequential), so they will have several sequential runs with big gaps between them.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Thanks everyone. There are some SA stuff I can't seem to find anywhere.
    Assassinate Putin!

Follow up, if it doesn't have every story, then what is the appeal?

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    Follow up, if it doesn't have every story, then what is the appeal?
    20,000+ comics available in one place for a pretty fair fee (the price of under two comics a month). You can do a lot of reading for series you missed or are hard to find for cheap. Stuff like the Ostrander Spectre run, for example.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

It needs built in reading orders and which comics are referenced in other comics. Just having comics collected in one place isn't really enough of an appeal.

It needs built in reading orders and which comics are referenced in other comics. Just having comics collected in one place isn't really enough of an appeal.
    It has built-in reading orders. Click on an event and you'll see every tie in and they are placed in their correct spot in the story, for example.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

I save way more money using DCUI than buying monthlies. That's appealing enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    It has built-in reading orders. Click on an event and you'll see every tie in and they are placed in their correct spot in the story, for example.
    Just for events?

Just for events?
    It's not limited to just events. The Superman Triangle Era a chronological reading list that is broken up into three parts. There is a "Storyline" sorting option that lists out books via the storyline. Is it complete with every storyline DC has has across it's entire line over the last 83 years? No. But there's a lot there set out like that, and they are adding more each month.

God, I wish. No, it has a lot, but not nearly close to everything. There tends to be more coverage the more popular the characters, and the closer you get to modern day. So for example there's a lot more Golden Age Superman than Golden Age Flash, but almost all of the post-Crisis era is available for both Flash and Superman. That's just off the top of my head.

Also, the Bronze Age is disappointingly sparse. There seems to be more Silver Age than Bronze Age, if I recall correctly. I mean, I love the Silver Age, but there's a good fifteen years there with barely any representation at all - and frankly the Golden and Silver Ages could use a hell of a lot more coverage too!
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    It's not limited to just events. The Superman Triangle Era a chronological reading list that is broken up into three parts. There is a "Storyline" sorting option that lists out books via the storyline. Is it complete with every storyline DC has has across it's entire line over the last 83 years? No. But there's a lot there set out like that, and they are adding more each month.
    Do you think it will ever be complete, being as they're adding each month?