Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Default Superman Rebirth Question

Trying to get the short version of his current status

Flashpoint happens, we get the New 52 Superman

Not sure what triggers Rebirth, but now we get "Super Dad" the one with the nearly all blue costume

Something else happens, and do these two Supermen merge into one being which is the Rebirth Suit?

Then Bendis takes over and puts Superman back in the classic costume?

If anybody can fill in the blanks or correct my mistakes I'd appreciate it.

Oh boy, ok here’s the timeline:
    Convergence - Reintroduces Pre-FP Supes and his family into continuity, they were taken outside of time by Brainiac One Million

Lois & Clark - After Convergence, the Superfamily lives in secret on Earth 0 (New 52 Earth)

Final Days of Superman - New 52 Superman dies from the effects of Darkseid War, Truth, and Hitch JLA

Superman Rebirth - Superman takes his counterpart’s spot while also raising his son Jon with Lois

Superman Reborn - The two Superman merge, nobody really remembers that there were two separate Supermen and continuity is a mess

The Man of Steel - Bendis takes over, Lois gets Clark’s “Reborn” outfit, Clark goes back to the classic look, Lois & Jon go off with Jor-El, leads into Bendis’ run on Superman and Action
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Perfect!

That's exactly the answer I was looking for. I appreciate you taking a messy transaction and making it a brief but easy to follow explanation.