View Poll Results: Should there be a new female teenage (or younger) Kryptonian?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

9 20.00%
  • No (why not?)

36 80.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Now that Supergirl is an adult, should there be a replacement?

Now that Kara is officially 21 (and even drinks), should there be another teenage Kryptonian to take up the Supergirl name?

I don't mean a replacement for Kara herself, but the addition of a new character to take up the role of being THE female teenage (or younger) Kryptonian, similar to how we had both Kon-El and Jon Kent (before the age-up).

Astonishing Member

DC couldn't figure out a good use for teenage Kara, so why would they want to replace her? The only reason I can think of is that Jon Kent needs help being Superman, because he's not as good at it as his Dad was.

Quote Originally Posted by seismic-2 View Post
    DC couldn't figure out a good use for teenage Kara, so why would they want to replace her? The only reason I can think of is that Jon Kent needs help being Superman, because he's not as good at it as his Dad was.
    Well, again, I don't mean replace Kara herself, but having another character take up the "female Kryptonian teenager" role. Especially since it seems DC is transitioning Kara out of that role into something new, regardless.

Astonishing Member

That's what I mean, too. DC never could figure out what to do with a teenage female Kryptonian when they had one, so now that they don't, why would they want another one?

Cir-el, revamped of course
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Amazing Member

As others said, she didn’t get good use as it is, so no need to replace that role.

I’m also, personally, really tired of making another legacy to fit a very specific role- why can’t Kara just have grown up? Why do we need a line of successors for every single hero around?

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

No. Being 21 doesn't meant aht Supergirl is a title that is necessarily a negative. It isnt as if she's 40.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Forlorn View Post
    As others said, she didn’t get good use as it is, so no need to replace that role.

I’m also, personally, really tired of making another legacy to fit a very specific role- why can’t Kara just have grown up? Why do we need a line of successors for every single hero around?
    I agree 100% , why can't Kara just grow up after so many years ? I still don't like that Jon is aged up .

Quote Originally Posted by The S0/\/\@7ic Si/\/\[]Dl370n View Post
    Now that Kara is officially 21 (and even drinks), should there be another teenage Kryptonian to take up the Supergirl name?

I don't mean a replacement for Kara herself, but the addition of a new character to take up the role of being THE female teenage (or younger) Kryptonian, similar to how we had both Kon-El and Jon Kent (before the age-up).
    This very fact makes me wonder how long it will be before the reboot.
    Power with Girl is better.

Spectacular Member

Not a bad idea, who should it be?

Quote Originally Posted by objectivewatcher2013 View Post
    Not a bad idea, who should it be?
    Well I was thinking....

How about Thao-La?

It'd actually be pretty cool to have a black Supergirl.

And I think most would agree a black Supergirl could be a prime driver towards helping DC with this problem:

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...ehind-Marvel-s
    Last edited by The S0/\/\@7ic Si/\/\[]Dl370n; 06-25-2021 at 12:51 PM.

Well I was thinking....

How about Thao-La?

It'd actually be pretty cool to have a black Supergirl.

And I think most would agree a black Supergirl could be a prime driver towards helping DC with this problem:

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...ehind-Marvel-s
    Already got Natasha Irons as the black female rep for the Superfamily. She’ll be in Superman & the Authority coming up too. I’ve got my hopes set on a Latina replacement because there’s no rep for that group in the Superfamily and Sasha is going to establish a Latina Supergirl on the film side.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Already got Natasha Irons as the black female rep for the Superfamily. She’ll be in Superman & the Authority coming up too. I’ve got my hopes set on a Latina replacement because there’s no rep for that group in the Superfamily and Sasha is going to establish a Latina Supergirl on the film side.
    Yeah, really, if you want to be "inclusive"... why not use what you already have?

Which is part of why I like the idea of Cir-El or Kingdom Come Supergirl(Kara Zor-El's daughter who has green skin because she's half-Coluan). They don't look like Kara Zor-El. Making a "new" Supergirl who looks like Kara Zor-El kinda defeats the purpose of making a new character.

BANNED

They can revamp supergirl matrix to be Latina

She deserved better than to be a placeholder for Kara that she ended up being because of DC’s mandate of “no kryptonians outside of Kal”
    Last edited by kryptonian; 06-25-2021 at 02:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Yeah, really, if you want to be "inclusive"... why not use what you already have?

Which is part of why I like the idea of Cir-El or Kingdom Come Supergirl(Kara Zor-El's daughter who has green skin because she's half-Coluan). They don't look like Kara Zor-El. Making a "new" Supergirl who looks like Kara Zor-El kinda defeats the purpose of making a new character.
    Hasn't Natasha also been aged up into an adult now, since she's been hanging with Dick's age group?

Have we gotten any details on Thao-la's (physical) age yet?

And again, there's also the fact that Natasha's not Kryptonian/doesn't have Kryptonian powers.

Actually seeing a Black Kryptonian who can rub shoulders with Supergirl and Superman power-wise would be absolutely HUGE for younger Black girls.

In fact, that scene with her as a little girl in chains playing with the Superman doll speaks volumes.

But a Latino Supergirl is definitely not a bad idea either.
    Last edited by The S0/\/\@7ic Si/\/\[]Dl370n; 06-26-2021 at 09:12 AM.