View Poll Results: Should there be a new female teenage (or younger) Kryptonian?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

9 20.00%
  • No (why not?)

36 80.00%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Since everyone now knows about the Multiverse, there are plenty of other Supergirls out there who could come to our earth and be ignored or misused by DC writers in the same way that Kara was. So there's no reason to create a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by seismic-2 View Post
    Since everyone now knows about the Multiverse, there are plenty of other Supergirls out there who could come to our earth and be ignored or misused by DC writers in the same way that Kara was. So there's no reason to create a new one.
    Can you list the current ones?

I only know of Cir-El, Peeg, and Linda Danvers/Matrix off the top of my head.
    Last edited by The S0/\/\@7ic Si/\/\[]Dl370n; 06-23-2021 at 11:37 AM.

I mean isn't there already a Superwoman

If DC hasn't replaced Batgirl yet despite Barbara pushing 40 and being older than Batwoman I don't see why DC would change things.

It's more about branding and copyright at this point.
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post

If DC hasn't replaced Batgirl yet despite Barbara pushing 40 and being older than Batwoman I don't see why DC would change things.

An evil one on Earth 3, but Lana lost her powers so there’s nobody using that title on E0.

No way is Barbara that old lol, both her and Dick look to be in their twenties, and Kate already has that title while Barbara has Oracle as her “adult” codename.

I still think we’ll see a Latina become Supergirl to coincide with Sasha. There’s currently no Latinos members of the Superfamily, so it would be a fine addition.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The S0/\/\@7ic Si/\/\[]Dl370n View Post
    Can you list the current ones?

I only know of Cir-El, Peeg, and Linda Danvers/Matrix off the top of my head.
    Presumably every other earth in the multiverse has a Supergirl, or at least most of them do. The fact that we have been introduced to so very few of them just shows that DC can't figure out what to do with the character. Let's just go with Kara as a young Superwoman, and consider the job slot of "Supergirl" as having been eliminated.

Heavens no! Kara is Supergirl, adult or not, and that's that. Why complicate it all by adding ANOTHER Kryptonian survivor to the mix (or would we be saying any super-strong heroine would do?)?

A main universe version of Kingdom Come Supergirl could be fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    An evil one on Earth 3, but Lana lost her powers so there’s nobody using that title on E0.

No way is Barbara that old lol, both her and Dick look to be in their twenties, and Kate already has that title while Barbara has Oracle as her “adult” codename.

I still think we’ll see a Latina become Supergirl to coincide with Sasha. There’s currently no Latinos members of the Superfamily, so it would be a fine addition.
    Cir-El was Hispanic tho.

I mean ACTUALLY Hispanic. Cir-El was a Human who was infused with Kryptonian DNA. Which caused her to resemble the way she looked before the infusion, which was a Hispanic human.
    Last edited by marhawkman; 06-23-2021 at 10:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    A main universe version of Kingdom Come Supergirl could be fun.
    Cir-El was Hispanic tho.

I mean ACTUALLY Hispanic. Cir-El was a Human who was infused with Kryptonian DNA. Which caused her to resemble the way she looked before the infusion, which was a Hispanic human.
    Didn’t know that, Kenan has a similar origin I wonder if Yang was inspired by that? Also sounds like a great reason to bring her back (she would need a revamp for the new continuity obviously).
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Cir-el for a Rebirth, that's my one and only vote.

Who is with me?
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

People theorize about Ryuthe from King's maxi series becoming the next Supergirl and I'd be open to it. I'm curious about the Supergirl mantle being applied to medieval fantasy-esque place like what her home seems to be.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 06-24-2021 at 12:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    I'd rather they don't replace her just yet so they don't have to walk it back if SW doesn't perform like they want it to.
    Her becoming Superwoman won't lower her sales. It might increase them temporarily, or not. But I don't think anyone will stop reading Kara just because she is now called Superwoman.

Didn’t know that, Kenan has a similar origin I wonder if Yang was inspired by that? Also sounds like a great reason to bring her back (she would need a revamp for the new continuity obviously).
    It's surprisingly common for Alt-U Supergirls and Supergirl analogues to be humans with spliced in Kryptonian DNA. But I suspect part of that is actually due more to Kon-El than Cir-El, since Kon-El has the "genetic tinkering" angle and is a lot more commonly used. I mean, Kon-El came first, and Cir-El actually ended up meeting him and working with him.

What makes Cir-El unique in terms of powers is that she was intentionally engineered to be able to make energy blasts that use RED solar energy, even though she absorbs yellow.... wait... CAN Cir-El absorb red? I'm not sure that ever got explored. But she didn't make herself weaker when discharging red solar energy, so... at least it doesn't weaken her the way it weakens most people with Kryptonian DNA.

Oh and what made Kingdom Come Supergirl unique is that she's half Coluan. So she was a blonde with green skin.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    Cir-el for a Rebirth, that's my one and only vote.

Who is with me?
    I'd read it! It's a way to have a "new" Supergirl while still using someone who already had the title previously. The black costume with red S is pretty boss.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    People theorize about Ryuthe from King's maxi series being the next Supergirl and I'd be open to it. I'm curious about the Supergirl mantle being applied to medieval fantasy-esque place like what her home seems to be.
    I'm not completely opposed to Ruthye taking the title eventually, but still way too early to tell. I do like the whole medieval fantasy thing she brings to the table so far though. Could be a cool dynamic long term.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    I don't think there's a need for or room for another Supergirl.
    If they were going to do it though, I'd use the Kristen Wells pre-Crisis character. A time traveler from the future who used futuristic tech to simulate powers, she was fun and distinct. She got her slang mixed up and came off as kind of kooky, avoided Jimmy Olsen's advances because he's her ancestor. She's also has a neat nostalgic factor that's probably helped by her being so underused.
    Wells? Too bad they haven't brought Harrison Wells from the Flash TV show into the comics, as they could've made her his descendant.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    What would make the most sense is the bring back Matrix, or rather reboot her. Not a Kryptonian, and hell with her protoplasm origins she's essentially non-binary. You can play up on that today if desired. But I would doubt this since this whole Infinite Frontier thing is based off new creations.
    Acttually, Tom King did mention on Twitter that fans of 90s Supergirl will like something in Woman of Tomorrow. I think Matrix will come up somehow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post

Babs was de-aged to match Dick, she's 30 at most, not 40. And roughly the same age as Batwoman, I believe.

Yeah, there's Donna Troy on Earth-3, who replaced Lois Lane in the role in the current Crime Syndicate series. Earth-0 though, the mantle has been vacant since Lana Lang was depowered.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by The S0/\/\@7ic Si/\/\[]Dl370n View Post
    Now that Kara is officially 21 (and even drinks), should there be another teenage Kryptonian to take up the Supergirl name?

I don't mean a replacement for Kara herself, but the addition of a new character to take up the role of being THE female teenage (or younger) Kryptonian, similar to how we had both Kon-El and Jon Kent (before the age-up).
    This very fact makes me wonder how long it will be before the reboot.
    Power with Girl is better.