View Poll Results: Should there be a new female teenage (or younger) Kryptonian?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

9 20.00%
  • No (why not?)

36 80.00%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by The S0/\/\@7ic Si/\/\[]Dl370n View Post
    Now that Kara is officially 21 (and even drinks), should there be another teenage Kryptonian to take up the Supergirl name?

I don't mean a replacement for Kara herself, but the addition of a new character to take up the role of being THE female teenage (or younger) Kryptonian, similar to how we had both Kon-El and Jon Kent (before the age-up).
    Not a bad idea, who should it be?

Quote Originally Posted by objectivewatcher2013 View Post
    Not a bad idea, who should it be?
    Well I was thinking....

How about Thao-La?

It'd actually be pretty cool to have a black Supergirl.

And I think most would agree a black Supergirl could be a prime driver towards helping DC with this problem:

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...ehind-Marvel-s
    Last edited by The S0/\/\@7ic Si/\/\[]Dl370n; 06-25-2021 at 12:51 PM.

Well I was thinking....

How about Thao-La?

And I think most would agree a black Supergirl could be a prime driver towards helping DC with this problem:

Already got Natasha Irons as the black female rep for the Superfamily. She’ll be in Superman & the Authority coming up too. I’ve got my hopes set on a Latina replacement because there’s no rep for that group in the Superfamily and Sasha is going to establish a Latina Supergirl on the film side.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Already got Natasha Irons as the black female rep for the Superfamily. She’ll be in Superman & the Authority coming up too. I’ve got my hopes set on a Latina replacement because there’s no rep for that group in the Superfamily and Sasha is going to establish a Latina Supergirl on the film side.
    Yeah, really, if you want to be "inclusive"... why not use what you already have?

Which is part of why I like the idea of Cir-El or Kingdom Come Supergirl(Kara Zor-El's daughter who has green skin because she's half-Coluan). They don't look like Kara Zor-El. Making a "new" Supergirl who looks like Kara Zor-El kinda defeats the purpose of making a new character.

BANNED

They can revamp supergirl matrix to be Latina

She deserved better than to be a placeholder for Kara that she ended up being because of DC’s mandate of “no kryptonians outside of Kal”
    Last edited by kryptonian; 06-25-2021 at 02:05 PM.

I've always liked the idea of a Cir-el and Matrix mix character.
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Incredible Member

Any succesor to the Supergirl mantle should be connected to Kara, not Kal, so unless Thao-La gets a lot more interactions with Kara in the following issues, I wouldn't like her as the next Supergirl. There's the theory that it will be Ruthye from Supergirl Woman of Tomorrow, which I guess sounds plausible but unless she can replicate Kryptonian-looking powers I don't see it actually happening (or lasting if it does).

Quote Originally Posted by kryptonian View Post
    They can revamp supergirl matrix to be Latina

She deserved better than to be a placeholder for Kara that she ended up being because of DC’s mandate of “no kryptonians outside of Kal”
    Interestingly... her actual... "true" appearance.... was a white blob. So her Human appearance... well... it's apparently some variant of shapeshifting. She looked like Kara because her creator wanted her to, but... that wasn't really her true form.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Interestingly... her actual... "true" appearance.... was a white blob. So her Human appearance... well... it's apparently some variant of shapeshifting. She looked like Kara because her creator wanted her to, but... that wasn't really her true form.

Protoplasm mixed with kryptonian DNA, created in a alternate reality by brainiac, who looks like cir - El and has Matrix powers plus red sun bursts, she would be a total badass
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Yeah, really, if you want to be "inclusive"... why not use what you already have?

Which is part of why I like the idea of Cir-El or Kingdom Come Supergirl(Kara Zor-El's daughter who has green skin because she's half-Coluan). They don't look like Kara Zor-El. Making a "new" Supergirl who looks like Kara Zor-El kinda defeats the purpose of making a new character.
    Hasn't Natasha also been aged up into an adult now, since she's been hanging with Dick's age group?

Have we gotten any details on Thao-la's (physical) age yet?

And again, there's also the fact that Natasha's not Kryptonian/doesn't have Kryptonian powers.

Actually seeing a Black Kryptonian who can rub shoulders with Supergirl and Superman power-wise would be absolutely HUGE for younger Black girls.

In fact, that scene with her as a little girl in chains playing with the Superman doll speaks volumes.

But a Latino Supergirl is definitely not a bad idea either.
    Last edited by The S0/\/\@7ic Si/\/\[]Dl370n; 06-26-2021 at 09:12 AM.

They need to feed off the movie, and make whoever they have as the next Supergirl look like her

Incredible Member

One the main topic , I would have to vote a resounding NO.

Why?

I’m afraid it would result in the same mess that the Batbooks have had in constantly trying to replace Barbara Gordon as Batgirl. Multiple misfires and fans not agreeing on which replacement is best. It’s been a hot mess.

Add to that, I feel like there are too many Superboy characters running around as it is.

Leave Kara as Supergirl.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Forlorn View Post
    As others said, she didn’t get good use as it is, so no need to replace that role.

I’m also, personally, really tired of making another legacy to fit a very specific role- why can’t Kara just have grown up? Why do we need a line of successors for every single hero around?
    I agree 100% , why can't Kara just grow up after so many years ? I still don't like that Jon is aged up .

Extraordinary Member

Well I was thinking....

How about Thao-La?

Chris Kent comes to Superman. Becomes new “Superboy” and Nightwing temporarily. Has a connection to Phantom Zone. It’s revealed he’s Zod and Ursa’s son.

Cir-El comes to Superman. Becomes new Supergirl. Says she’s future daughter of Clark/Lois. Has connection to Futuresmiths. It’s revealed she’s a Trojan horse from Brainiac.

Thao-La comes to Superman. Has a connection to Mongul and WarWorld.

I’m seeing a pattern here guys.

That being said, I would find a black female Kryptonian Supergirl interesting. As mentioned, the closes we got is Natasha Irons and Tanya “Powergirl” Spears.

This is all assuming that Kara becomes “Superwoman” after the series finale of the Supergirl show. And she’ll be “Superwoman” from here on out, in other new media.
    Last edited by Will Evans; 06-28-2021 at 11:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Chris Kent comes to Superman. Becomes new “Superboy” and Nightwing temporarily. Has a connection to Phantom Zone. It’s revealed he’s Zod and Ursa’s son.

Cir-El comes to Superman. Becomes new Supergirl. Says she’s future daughter of Clark/Lois. Has connection to Futuresmiths. It’s revealed she’s a Trojan horse from Brainiac.

Thao-La comes to Superman. Has a connection to Mongul and WarWorld.

I’m seeing a pattern here guys.

That being said, I would find a black female Kryptonian Supergirl interesting. As mentioned, the closes we got is Natasha Irons and Tanya “Powergirl” Spears.

This is all assuming that Kara becomes “Superwoman” after the series finale of the Supergirl show. And she’ll be “Superwoman” from here on out, in other new media.
    Yeah, Superman stories often end up with bad guys trying to take advantage of him being a nice guy. And obvious bait is obvious.
    Hasn't Natasha also been aged up into an adult now, since she's been hanging with Dick's age group?
    And again, there's also the fact that Natasha's not Kryptonian/doesn't have Kryptonian powers.
    Well, when Natasha was Starlight, she was close to a Kryptonian in power level.